Kg's Dirty Little Secret?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Kg's Dirty Little Secret? 

Post#1 » by northoakland510 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Bill Simmons wrote a pretty good article on KG thought everyone would like to read it.

During the last few minutes of Game 6 of Boston's second-round series with Cleveland, poor Kevin Garnett looked like Forrest Gump right after Jenny pulled her top down in her dorm room. On one play, the ball swung to KG at the foul line; no Cav was within 10 feet of him. Strangely, he panicked, thinking about shooting an open J before realizing, Wait, I'm seven feet tall, that would be dumb, and barreling toward the basket to rush a clumsy jump hook. For a former MVP who makes $22 million a year, it was an astoundingly incompetent sequence.

It also wasn't a surprise. Garnett's crunch-time woes have been the dirty little secret of this storybook Celtics season. Sure, he saved the franchise and made the C's relevant again. He's also the reason they might not win the 2008 championship. Put simply, Garnett shrinks from pressure more times than he comes through. The NBA is a simple league to figure out: In a playoff series, the best player prevails unless his supporting cast is significantly inferior to the other team's. So when Boston's best player can't dominate close games against a quality opponent
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#2 » by zeebneeb » Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 pm

Everyone knows this, it isnt a dirty little secret. Whta bothers me, are the people who will come right into this thread and tell you, that this isnt true.

KG plays hot potatoe with the ball in the clutch. He always has, and always will. His best part of games, and where he has the biggest impact, is building leads, and right before it matters. If Boston didnt have Pierce, that would be screwed, as hes there ONLY clucth player(Sam is to damn old) and Ray Allen is a notorious playoff choker.

I love KG to death, and love his game, but I would be a FOOL, and a liar to sit here and tell you this isnt true, because it is.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#3 » by greenbeans » Tue May 20, 2008 10:39 pm

magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#4 » by magicfan4life05 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."

Return to The General Board