Are the Clippers a possible darkhorse for LeBron?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Killua
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Are the Clippers a possible darkhorse for LeBron? 

Post#41 » by Killua » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:36 am

Clip34life wrote:
Killua wrote:
Clip34life wrote:It would be splendiferous. The other thing. If LeBron comes he will dictate the terms of the team. You think Sterling wouldn't do everything he could to get a ticket draw like LeBron. You can bet that if LeBron comes Dunleavy is out as coach and possibly GM. There may be other reasons for LeBron not to come but Dunleavy won't be one of them. This will be LeBron's team if he comes here and whoever he doesn't like will be out.

This is why the Clippers and the Cavs will always be jokes. A team should never let a player call all the Shots. Look at the Lakers with Shaq Kobe Odom and Ariza.

Yeah it's not like Kobe got Shaq kicked off the team or anything...

Shaq said Pay me Shaq got shipped out
Kobe said Trade me, Buss told him to shove it and kept him on the team.
He Hate Me
Starter
And1: 2

Post#42 » by He Hate Me » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 am

if sterling wasn't in the picture maybe.
I'm just trying to get into heaven, it's not like I'm gonna run for Jesus.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#43 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:29 am

Maybe one day they can get their own arena. Nothing like playing at staples with Lakers championship banners hanging from the rafters.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#44 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 am

Based on their youth and potential cap room the Clips *should* be in the running for a max player. In a vacuum it's potentially an attractive situation, especially when you consider things like location and marketability.

But here's the rub; the franchise is historically a complete disaster and no marquee player will ever sign there until they have established some period of sustained success. The fear is that the Clips will always find some way to screw it up. The fact they just recently traded for Zach (and they owe Memphis BIG time for bailing them outa that one lol) and signed Baron to an albatross of a contract just proves that they are still rather incompetent.

The fact they were SO bad that they managed to land the #1 pick in the draft isn't exactly a selling point.

LAC basically has to do the same thing that Portland did after the Jailblazer era; get rid of every big contract they can and continue to build through the draft with high character personnel. The difference is the Clips have a much longer history of problems so it'll take longer to overcome the stigma.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#45 » by DEEP3CL » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:15 am

kookie_819 wrote:Nevertheless, after constantly hearing about the "LeBron to New York" rumors for the past couple of years, I think the Los Angeles Clippers might be a better destination for him.
Have you heard of Donald T. Sterling ?
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
SPuL
Senior

Post#46 » by SPuL » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 am

The clips would def. be a better chance for him to win than the knicks.. Depending on how good Griffin is it could be the best situation for him.. If Griffin is better than Rose the Clips would be his best shot at winning.. Chicago & the Nets are the favorites to land Lebron if he leaves imo..
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager

Post#47 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

Killua wrote:Kobe said Trade me, Buss told him to shove it and kept him on the team.

You mean...Kobe demanded a trade, and there was a deal in place with the Bulls, which Kobe then shut down because the Bulls were giving up too much talent?

Yeah...Buss is such a hard-ass...........
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#48 » by illastrate » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am

deNIEd wrote:I don't think Clippers are at any media disadvantage. The reason no one ever covers them is simply because they aren't good. If they are good or even great, I bet they will be able to draw similar coverage as the Lakers.

If Lebron is truly "GOAT" and feels that he can dominate basketball, Clippers would be his ultimate challenge. The one player that is able to turn LA from a Laker town to a Clipper town. Now that would be something absolutely amazing. Clippers have potential to be good. Gordon, Griffin, Jordan, Thornton all look incredibly promising. If they are able to achieve their potential AND add Lebron, they are very likely a top 2 team in the league.

HOWEVER, as long as Dunleavy is the coach, Clippers will go no where and become nothing.

You mean Mike Dunleavy aka Mike Brown West? Or vice versa? It's funny how both these guys are named Mike cause they run the exact same offense...a stagnant offense predicated on isos, isos, isos. But LBJ is so good, it don't matter who's coaching, he will make them a contender.

So if it's between Clips and Knicks, gotta go with the Clips as they have more talent.
Whateva
Pro Prospect
And1: 38

Post#49 » by Whateva » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:35 am

Clippers seem to have better talent and younger than Knicks, a better future.
If I was LeBron I would go to Clippers, why not ?? He goes to LA ,

Return to The General Board