Top 8 in the Eastern Conference

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,594

Re: Top 8 in the Eastern Conference 

Post#101 » by fishfuego. » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 am

BossHoggin wrote:1. Cavs
2. Magic
3. Hawks
4. Celtics
5. Heat
6. Bucks (I know right? Most think they'll be terrible.)
7. Bobcats
8. Bulls

That is my prediction.

Wizards will have team issues, so you can count them out.

I'll agree with this before the season starts :nod:
BIRDMAN BIRDMAN
Head Coach
And1: 2,350

Post#102 » by BIRDMAN BIRDMAN » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:12 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
shaqfan1 wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:D-Wade a little better than Granger

J-Ville Smoke wrote:Their frontcourt is infinitely better than Miami's and people have Miami as high as a 5 seed.

Hibbert/Murphy/Granger is better than O'Neal/Haslem/Diawara or O'Neal/Beasley/Cook (whoever they start)

J-Ville Smoke wrote:Not to mention Miami has to play Orlando, Washington and Atlanta more than Indiana does, because Miami is in the toughest division in the East and potential top division in the NBA.

Why can't the Heat get intelligent and informed haters? Why is it always the casual fans that shouldn't be discussing anything about the NBA? It takes the fun out of arguing.

If you want to hate on a team, please pick some other teams so I don't have to hear nonsense about the Heat playing the SE division more or the Heat starting Diawara. Go talk about how Tim Duncan is getting too slow to be able to guard point guards, or how Shannon Brown wants to win another ring so he can finally come out on top with his feud with Shaq.

So enlighten us. What did the Heat do this summer to get better? I can't find anything. Tell me how Beasley will be able to play SF.

Did I miss something? Or does Miami not play in the SE anymore? Tell me how Miami's frontcourt is better than Indiana's.

Why can't informed people ever post on here?

Well played, sir.

:clap:
:hug:
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#103 » by J-Ville Smoke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm

LOL,

You still didn't answer my question on what they did to get better. :)

Also, injuries can't be accounted for in preseason predictions.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#104 » by TrueRain » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:LOL,

Lol. So not only did you have the Heat MISSING the playoffs, but you also had Indiana ahead of them. :lol:
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#105 » by BFRESH44 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Basically we can conclude from this thread that the poster J-Villa Smoke = A joke not to be taken seriously.

Got it.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#106 » by J-Ville Smoke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 pm

TrueRain wrote:

Lol. So not only did you have the Heat MISSING the playoffs, but you also had Indiana ahead of them. :lol:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:Based on their final regular season record.

1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Raps
7. Bulls
8. Heat

Darkhorse - Pacers (Granger takes the next step this year and becomes a good defender)

This was my original post. Thanks for playing though.

More embarrassing is me having Washington at 5.
TrueRain
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#107 » by TrueRain » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:48 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:
TrueRain wrote:

J-Ville Smoke wrote:Based on their final regular season record.

1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Raps
7. Bulls
8. Heat

Darkhorse - Pacers (Granger takes the next step this year and becomes a good defender)

This was my original post. Thanks for playing though.

J-Ville Smoke wrote:Now that you stack up Indiana's roster against Miami's, I may need to rethink my prediction.

I had Indiana as my darkhorse, but considering the improvement in their roster, the fact that Miami stayed the same, and considering the fact that they play in the toughest division in the East, I think I may have to put the Pacers in at 8 instead of Miami.

Ford/Price/Diener
Rush/Dunleavy/Head
Granger/Jones
Murphy/McRoberts/Hansborough/S. Jones
Hibbert/Foster/Hasnborough

^^^ Looks relatively good and deep, compared to the one-man show in Miami.

:roll:
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#108 » by Chosen01 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:08 pm

lol J-villa just kill urself rofl, you literally have no credibility anymore.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#109 » by J-Ville Smoke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:18 pm

No, they only thing that needs to kill itself is the Dade County School Board, for failing you so badly.
I Never Lied
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#110 » by I Never Lied » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Lol, they got you J-Ville. You might as well come out and admit your homerism blindined your common sense.

........Lol @ you saying Wade was A LITTLE BIT better than Granger.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#111 » by J-Ville Smoke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:44 pm

I Never Lied wrote:Lol, they got you J-Ville. You might as well come out and admit your homerism blindined your common sense.

........Lol @ you saying Wade was A LITTLE BIT better than Granger.

First of all, I'm not even a Pacer fan.

Second, acting like getting a pre-season prediction wrong is tantamount to child murder is idiotic.

Third, was it that hard to see that a team that got knocked out in the first round the previous year and then made no moves to improve would miss the playoffs? Not to mention I never even put the Pacers ahead of Miami (I said I MAY have to), but had them as my darkhorse.

And fourth, there are a myriad of worse predictions in this thread, including another one by myself in which I picked the Wizards to finish 5th.

Congrats to the Heat for proving me wrong, but at the time they looked like a one man team filled with injury ridden second options and a potential bust in Beasley.

Also, Granger had an injury riddled season, and I thought he was going to take the next step up this year. Even Heat fans agree that Wade wasn't exactly a world-beater this year, and was down statistically.
I Never Lied
Banned User

Post#112 » by I Never Lied » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:14 pm

J-Ville Smoke wrote:Congrats to the Heat for proving me wrong, but at the time they looked like a one man team filled with injury ridden second options and a potential bust in Beasley.

Also, Granger had an injury riddled season, and I thought he was going to take the next step up this year. Even Heat fans agree that Wade wasn't exactly a world-beater this year, and was down statistically.

The Heat are still the same one man team filled with injury ridden second options and a potential bust in Beasley as last year, Except they have Wade so that automatically equals playoffs. If you put Wade on the Pacers right now instead of Granger they instantly become a playoff team.

No Heat fan will agree with you that Wade wasnt a world-beater this season. He is the best SG in the NBA and if you dont believe me just ASK THE COACH OF THE PACERS.....

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien wrote:Wade showed us why he's one of the top three players in the league. He's a superb clutch basketball player that single-handedly won the game for them

So please dont ever mention Daniel Bartholomeu Granger in the same sentence as Wade again.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach

Post#113 » by J-Ville Smoke » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

I Never Lied wrote:
J-Ville Smoke wrote:Congrats to the Heat for proving me wrong, but at the time they looked like a one man team filled with injury ridden second options and a potential bust in Beasley.

The Heat are still the same one man team filled with injury ridden second options and a potential bust in Beasley as last year, Except they have Wade so that automatically equals playoffs. If you put Wade on the Pacers right now instead of Granger they instantly become a playoff team.

No Heat fan will agree with you that Wade wasnt a world-beater this season. He is the best SG in the NBA and if you dont believe me just ASK THE COACH OF THE PACERS.....

Pacers coach Jim O'Brien wrote:Wade showed us why he's one of the top three players in the league. He's a superb clutch basketball player that single-handedly won the game for them

So please dont ever mention Daniel Bartholomeu Granger in the same sentence as Wade again.

Granger is a 10x better shooter than Wade. :D
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:29 pm

Lets see:

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:1. Orlando Magic
2. Boston Celtics
3. Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Washington Wizards
5. Chicago Bulls
6. Philadelphia 76ers
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Atlanta Hawks

**** the Raptors.

God my picks were all sorts of **** up, haha. Yeah, I thought Washington was going to be good, along with the Sixers. Not sure why I figured Detroit would be relevant, but hey, thats life.

Whoa Hawks at 8? Yeah, that must have been me hating on them.

One thing I was/am proud of was it seemed like I was one of the few people not picking the Raptors to make the playoffs.

So...I'm a prophet. 8-)
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#115 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:55 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:1. Boston Celtic
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Orlando Magic
4. Miami Heat
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Detroit Pistons
7. Washington Wizards
8. Chicago Bulls

man i really overrated the Celtics ..

i think Milwaukee and Charlotte was hard to predict since the Salmons and S. Jackson trades during the season were a huge reason why they made the playoffs.

Return to The General Board