Is Delonte West Getting Suspended?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

No Offense
Assistant Coach
And1: 260

Re: Is Delonte West Getting Suspended? 

Post#21 » by No Offense » Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:39 pm

SoCAL24 wrote:The league needs to be very careful about handling this and remain sensitive to the fine line between where does bipolar disorder become a reasonable excuse for carrying guns unlicensed..or performing your contract with a team.

I'm not sure that it ever does. Bipolar disorder or no bipolar disorder, there shouldn't be any excuses for what he did. I'm not saying he should be banished from the league or serve a hefty suspension, but he should sit some games.

The team and league should be sensitive to his missed practices and games due to his bipolar. They also need to do everything in their power to make sure that he is taken care of as a person as far as mental health goes.

However, I still think he will and should be suspended for a few games. I understand that what he was going through that night wasn't anything that I would wish upon even my biggest enemy, but the bottom line is that he was riding down a street with a small arsenal on him.

Again, the league should be careful with how they approach this and I think it can and will set some good precedents, but they shouldn't take too soft of an approach.
FatComputerNerd
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Is Delonte West Getting Suspended? 

Post#22 » by FatComputerNerd » Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:51 pm

He will probably be suspended for a few games, but as has already been said, not until after he is actually found guilty @ court.

Hopefully any suspension he receives will be a small one, because Saturday night's game showed us all just how important he really is to this teams success.

Return to The General Board