Tnt Crew Claims D-Will as best Pg

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NYK 455
General Manager
And1: 161

Re: Tnt Crew Claims D-Will as best Pg 

Post#61 » by NYK 455 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:01 am

Personally, I think Nash is the best point in the game, but a solid argument can be made for CP3, Nash, and Deron. They're all amazing.
Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Post#62 » by Soul Patch » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:07 am

I really like the way CP3 takes care of the ball. His efficiency is amazing. However, I'd take Deron over him any day of the week. He's working on his post game and if he develops a solid post game he will be unguardable. I also like that he doesn't dominate the ball too much. He plays off the ball very well and sets nice screens. He's perfect for the Jazz and our system. His recent play has been really impressive and if he can keep it up I see no reason he can't finish as the best PG this season.

"He's the total package," Flynn said of Williams. "Strong, great handle, can shoot the ball, come off screens like a two-guard and post like Al Jefferson. He has the total package, and he's a hell of a player."
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
ehspgno5
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#63 » by ehspgno5 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:17 am

Ive always been a fan of deron williams. i think cause he plays in utah that many who dont truly know the game wont give him his due. both williams and cp3 are great pgs and will be compared to each other for the rest of their careers but you have to realize they play in different systems and this is why i give the nod to williams.

cp3 dominates the ball which isnt bad considering what he can do but williams plays in a more team oriented offense and he plays very well in it. i feel he is a great all around pg and if i were to build a francise around one of these guys it would be deron williams. i hope he makes it to the all-star game cause he truly deserves it.
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Re: Tnt Crew Cliams D-Will as best Pg 

Post#64 » by chefy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 am

Volcano wrote:
KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
cuad wrote:Nash is better.

When you are an absolute zero on one end of the court, I don't care how good you are on offense, you can't be more than "pretty good". Defense is 50% of the game.

What if you're capable of hitting a 3 everytime down the court no matter how many players are on you?

Let's say the player comes down and shoots a 3 10 seconds into the shot clock every time down the floor while his teammates wait at the other end. If he takes 100 shots..that's 300 points. The only thing his teammates have to do is get one stop or let the other team make a 2 pt shot. That's an easy 82-0 + championship. Is he still not "pretty good"?

:lol:
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Re: Tnt Crew Cliams D-Will as best Pg 

Post#65 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:27 am

Volcano wrote:
KeithMoonsLiver wrote:
cuad wrote:Nash is better.

When you are an absolute zero on one end of the court, I don't care how good you are on offense, you can't be more than "pretty good". Defense is 50% of the game.

What if you're capable of hitting a 3 everytime down the court no matter how many players are on you?

Let's say the player comes down and shoots a 3 10 seconds into the shot clock every time down the floor while his teammates wait at the other end. If he takes 100 shots..that's 300 points. The only thing his teammates have to do is get one stop or let the other team make a 2 pt shot. That's an easy 82-0 + championship. Is he still not "pretty good"?

best post ever nomination
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#66 » by thamadkant » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:39 am

Deron Williams has the better body, in terms of size. Because he can take advantage of matchup better than any guards today, just like Jason Kidd back in his prime.

But Paul is the better overall impact player.

Nash has gone back up to the discussions too, the guy is 37 years old, leading the league in assists. Making the Suns relevant again, the Suns are a winning team when NASH is the main man.

Defense argument is moot, when Nash's offense is almost 100% the REASON why his team is successful.
The Suns as most argue do not win on defense, so Nash clearly has the argument to be at the very least comparable to Paul and Williams... and in terms of WIN shares and impact, Nash is 1st. And an MVP candidate again, like it or not.. based on team impact.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#67 » by TAI8 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:55 am

Paul is better...a no brainer at it too.
Houston Suns
Senior
And1: 0

Post#68 » by Houston Suns » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:50 am

Tune into this Hornets - Nuggets game, if you need any other reason...Why Paul is the Greatest PG!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#69 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:02 am

Chris Paul is ball dominant because we have no one else that can handle the ball.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
kevC
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Post#70 » by kevC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:27 am

Saying Deron Williams is better than Paul is like saying Kobe is better than Jordan.
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#71 » by carrottop12 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:34 am

kevC wrote:Saying Deron Williams is better than Paul is like saying Kobe is better than Jordan.

Except for Jordan won numerous championships with out a big man.

Neither Paul or Deron have done anything of any real significance.
kevC
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Post#72 » by kevC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:40 am

Bat wrote:
kevC wrote:Saying Deron Williams is better than Paul is like saying Kobe is better than Jordan.

Okay? If you want to take that approach, saying Deron is better than Paul is like saying Boozer is better than Charles Barkley.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#73 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:41 am

Bat wrote:

Chris Paul was in GQ magazine.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to The General Board