UPDATE 1-14-10 search warrants issued to crittenton

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,618

Re: Arenas/Crittenton altercation reportedly CAUGHT ON TAPE!!! 

Post#101 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 6:22 am

This is the most meaningless story, yet it's getting so much coverage. You'd think Arenas massacred everyone in the locker room with an M16 or something. He was just joking around with some unloaded guns, big f***** deal.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#102 » by CB-Blazer » Sat Jan 9, 2010 8:27 am

SoCAL24 wrote:Hey G35, I totally agree with a lot of what you're saying, but personally, Arenas is why I watch the Wizards. He's really entertaining. Remember when he dropped 60 against us in Staples? He gives the Wizards a swagger they don't have without him. he's really good.

He has been hampered big time by injuries, but now that he's back, it really sucks that he can't play. That's all. I feel like NBA fans are getting robbed by not getting to watch Gil play for the rest of the season.

This may have been true about the Gil of old, but not anymore. There were mutiple Wiz games I tried to tune into specifically to watch Gil tear it up, only to witness him run down court and jack up a jumpshot.

Maybe it was just bad timing by me but when I watched him, he wasn't even close to being as entertaining as pre injury Gil.
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Post#103 » by MitchSlapped » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:47 am

UPDATE!!!

Something stinks in the Gilbert Arenas gun investigation -- and it's coming from the locker room laundry basket.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the other Washington Wizards player involved in the incident, Javaris Crittenton, is also facing the possibility of gun charges after witnesses claimed he threw a gun into a locker room laundry basket in an attempt to hide the firearm from team authorities.

We're told, according to witnesses, the whole thing started after Arenas displayed 4 guns on the bunch in front of his locker. Witnesses told authorities Crittenton said, "I have my own gun" -- went to his locker and pulled it out.

Soon after, we're told, witnesses say Wizards officials began to enter the locker room -- and Crittenton tossed his weapon into a laundry bin, which was wheeled out of the locker room before anyone knew what was going on.

Authorities are still looking for Crittenton's gun -- and we're told they're also re-examining surveillance footage, looking for anyone wheeling out the bin.

Once again from TMZ
Tsukou
Senior
And1: 10

Post#104 » by Tsukou » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 am

yossixbean11 wrote:UPDATE!!!

Something stinks in the Gilbert Arenas gun investigation -- and it's coming from the locker room laundry basket.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the other Washington Wizards player involved in the incident, Javaris Crittenton, is also facing the possibility of gun charges after witnesses claimed he threw a gun into a locker room laundry basket in an attempt to hide the firearm from team authorities.

We're told, according to witnesses, the whole thing started after Arenas displayed 4 guns on the bunch in front of his locker. Witnesses told authorities Crittenton said, "I have my own gun" -- went to his locker and pulled it out.

Soon after, we're told, witnesses say Wizards officials began to enter the locker room -- and Crittenton tossed his weapon into a laundry bin, which was wheeled out of the locker room before anyone knew what was going on.

Authorities are still looking for Crittenton's gun -- and we're told they're also re-examining surveillance footage, looking for anyone wheeling out the bin.

Once again from TMZ

Honestly based on that report, it sounds something similar to what can possibly happen in school. Kid brings guns and puts them into his locker, shows his friends because he thinks it's cool/funny/act tough. I've personally only seen suspensions for it, not expulsions, and have yet to see criminal charges, but I guess that'd vary from school to school.
Doo Doo_Brown
Junior
And1: 0

Post#105 » by Doo Doo_Brown » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:25 am

Tsukou wrote:Honestly based on that report, it sounds something similar to what can possibly happen in school. Kid brings guns and puts them into his locker, shows his friends because he thinks it's cool/funny/act tough. I've personally only seen suspensions for it, not expulsions, and have yet to see criminal charges, but I guess that'd vary from school to school.

wtf?? are you serious? thats a messed up school. If I was a parent I'd never send my kids to that school.
Puertorique
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#106 » by Puertorique » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am

Doo Doo_Brown wrote:
Tsukou wrote:Honestly based on that report, it sounds something similar to what can possibly happen in school. Kid brings guns and puts them into his locker, shows his friends because he thinks it's cool/funny/act tough. I've personally only seen suspensions for it, not expulsions, and have yet to see criminal charges, but I guess that'd vary from school to school.

wtf?? are you serious? thats a messed up school. If I was a parent I'd never send my kids to that school.

Yeah, I've seen the same happen at my schools also. Funny part was for all the kids that I saw with guns I can only remember one being thrown out of the school. That was when one of his "friends" decided to tell a teacher in about half an hour later police were at his locker and pulled the gun out. He received a few charges, but did not really have that much of a problem, just had to go to another school and do probation.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#107 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm

bump for a misdemeanor... (c'mon be right TMZ)
http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/13/gilbert-a ... op-a-plea/

Our sources say Arenas' lawyer and prosecutors are discussing a plea in which Arenas would cop to misdemeanor gun charges. We're told a deal hasn't been struck yet, but it could come as early as today.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/13/gilbert-a ... z0cWmqx4yn

and sign this
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/freeagent0/
MitchSlapped
Starter
And1: 32

Re: UPDATE 1-14-10 search warrant issued to arenas 

Post#108 » by MitchSlapped » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:37 pm

TMZ has learned the D.C. police -- with the help of cops in Arlington County, Virginia -- have executed a search warrant this morning at the home of Javaris Crittenton -- looking for the gun that may have been secretly wheeled out of the Washington Wizards locker room in a laundry basket.

Law enforcement tells us after Javaris and Gilbert Arenas drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve standoff, witnesses believe they saw Javaris throw his gun into a laundry basket and someone from the organization wheeled it out.

We know there was surveillance video of people coming out of the locker room and cops are looking to see if they can spot the person who was pushing the cart.

Nevertheless, cops convinced a judge they had probable cause to search Crittenton's home -- we don't know if they found the gun.

Return to The General Board