You can not win a title with a center such as Jokic if he can't play defence.

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,212

Re: You can not win a title with a center such as Jokic if he can't play defence. 

Post#161 » by Mickey8 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:59 pm

The guy was trying to attempt soccer scissor kick on that video clip in Cameroon. Watch his movement, how he was going for the blocks and dunking the ball, you can't do that if you are seriously injured. Those are just excuses for him for missing the same jump shots he's hitting with the much better precision in the regular season, and again his post up game is very limited which is obvious in the play off's, he can score here and there but not constantly , he can't even get in the good position to score the ball in the paint . If you can't back down Marcus Smart one on one , where you have an advantage of 6,7 inches and 70 + pounds, then you have serious problems in your game. After the game six against Boston, Embiid was complaining how he doesn't get the ball in his hands a lot. But I was carefully watching his possessions in that game , he would get the ball in his hands very often and he would do nothing but passing it to his teammates , he was hesitant to make any move with the ball . That was the great example of the pressure, he was literally lost in the game, like a deer in the headlights.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,863

Re: You can not win a title with a center such as Jokic if he can't play defence. 

Post#162 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 am

Mickey8 wrote:The guy was trying to attempt soccer scissor kick on that video clip in Cameroon. Watch his movement, how he was going for the blocks and dunking the ball, you can't do that if you are seriously injured. Those are just excuses for him for missing the same jump shots he's hitting with the much better precision in the regular season, and again his post up game is very limited which is obvious in the play off's, he can score here and there but not constantly , he can't even get in the good position to score the ball in the paint . If you can't back down Marcus Smart one on one , where you have an advantage of 6,7 inches and 70 + pounds, then you have serious problems in your game. After the game six against Boston, Embiid was complaining how he doesn't get the ball in his hands a lot. But I was carefully watching his possessions in that game , he would get the ball in his hands very often and he would do nothing but passing it to his teammates , he was hesitant to make any move with the ball . That was the great example of the pressure, he was literally lost in the game, like a deer in the headlights.

By far the dumbest thing about realgm is doubting injuries when players say they are hurt

It’s a knock on him that he was hurt, because he gets legit hurt every playoff run lol, but saying a dude that came back 5 weeks early from injury isn’t hurt is stupid
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#163 » by Mickey8 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:31 am

Again watch his movement against Boston, he wasn't affected by it whatsoever. When you go for the blocks and you are dunking the ball with the full force , not laying it down to protect your legs or knees , to me you are 100% healthy. Embiid has been shielded from the criticism all throughout his career because he can always turn back and say oh I wasn't 100% healthy .If f you are not 100% why are you playing and lowering the chances for your team who was doing very well without you??? Isn't that selfish though ??? Jokic clearly had issues with his wrist in the first round against Minnesota , it was wrapped up and it probably wasn't 100% through the entire play off's but he never used that as an excuse, Minnesota series was his lowest shooting series in the play off's.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#164 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:53 am

Mickey8 wrote:Again watch his movement against Boston, he wasn't affected by it whatsoever. When you go for the blocks and you are dunking the ball with the full force , not laying it down to protect your legs or knees , to me you are 100% healthy. Embiid has been shielded from the criticism all throughout his career because he can always turn back and say oh I wasn't 100% healthy .If f you are not 100% why are you playing and lowering the chances for your team who was doing very well without you??? Isn't that selfish though ??? Jokic clearly had issues with his wrist in the first round against Minnesota , it was wrapped up and it probably wasn't 100% through the entire play off's but he never used that as an excuse, Minnesota series was his lowest shooting series in the play off's.

What the hell are you talking about lol

Bro said he should be out 4 more weeks yes he was obviously hurt I don’t care what ur eye test says lmao

The idea it was selfish for him to play through an injury is literally stupid. Lebron was very selfish for playing through a torn tendon lmfao.

The only reason the Minnesota series was his worst shooting series was game 5 lmao. No way ur comparing a wrist to an LCL sprain that’s crazy, and I wasn’t even talking about Jokic because he’s clearly better than Embiid regardless

Idk why ur going so hard on this train right now, it’s stupid. He was hurt, it is what it is. We can say he played hurt and wasn’t great, but saying he wasn’t hurt because you saw him go for a block is dumb as hell lol. He’s not being shielded from criticism because he gets hurt every playoff run, thats the criticism

But yes, he was hurt, I couldn’t care less about ur eye test to tell me this is actually a big conspiracy that he faked his injury and LCL sprains actually only take a few days to fully heal from because that’s stupid
ty 4191
Veteran
And1: 1,965

Post#165 » by ty 4191 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:35 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:A big man that can’t really anchor a defence won't you win a title as teams will keep exposing Jokic's poor defence in the playoffs.

Well, this aged well, Mark. 8-)
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#166 » by Mickey8 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:25 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Again watch his movement against Boston, he wasn't affected by it whatsoever. When you go for the blocks and you are dunking the ball with the full force , not laying it down to protect your legs or knees , to me you are 100% healthy. Embiid has been shielded from the criticism all throughout his career because he can always turn back and say oh I wasn't 100% healthy .If f you are not 100% why are you playing and lowering the chances for your team who was doing very well without you??? Isn't that selfish though ??? Jokic clearly had issues with his wrist in the first round against Minnesota , it was wrapped up and it probably wasn't 100% through the entire play off's but he never used that as an excuse, Minnesota series was his lowest shooting series in the play off's.

Bro said he should be out 4 more weeks yes he was obviously hurt I don’t care what ur eye test says lmao

The idea it was selfish for him to play through an injury is literally stupid. Lebron was very selfish for playing through a torn tendon lmfao.

The only reason the Minnesota series was his worst shooting series was game 5 lmao. No way ur comparing a wrist to an LCL sprain that’s crazy, and I wasn’t even talking about Jokic because he’s clearly better than Embiid regardless

Idk why ur going so hard on this train right now, it’s stupid. He was hurt, it is what it is. We can say he played hurt and wasn’t great, but saying he wasn’t hurt because you saw him go for a block is dumb as hell lol. He’s not being shielded from criticism because he gets hurt every playoff run, thats the criticism

But yes, he was hurt, I couldn’t care less about ur eye test to tell me this is actually a big conspiracy that he faked his injury and LCL sprains actually only take a few days to fully heal from because that’s stupid

I don't care what your fake lying "bro" was saying. He's playing soccer in his off time, attempting scissors kicks, there was nothing wrong with him . He was moving great on the court, he didn't hobble, he didn't grimace , he was running up and down, moving side to side, jumping etc without any trouble . There was nothing wrong with his movement. Guy is fake as fake as your defending of him. He was missing the same jump shot"s he's taking in the regular season because he can't make them under the pressure and he has sloppy post up games and zero physicality.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#167 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:46 pm

Mickey8 wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

I don't care what your fake lying "bro" was saying. He's playing soccer in his off time, attempting scissors kicks, there was nothing wrong with him . He was moving great on the court, he didn't hobble, he didn't grimace , he was running up and down, moving side to side, jumping etc without any trouble . There was nothing wrong with his movement. Guy is fake as fake as your defending of him. He was missing the same jump shot"s he's taking in the regular season because he can't make them under the pressure and he has sloppy post up games and zero physicality.

This is so brain dead is actually hurts lol

I could not care less about what ur eye test says just because you’d cry and throw a tantrum if you got a stubbed toe lmfao

Warned for personal attack - CF
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,815

Post#168 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:51 pm

Clearly Embiid isn't injured. He's really Karl Malone just pretending to be Chris Paul.
coastalmarker99
Starter
And1: 2,177

Post#169 » by coastalmarker99 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:35 am

Was a very easy path for Denver last year.

Jokic still has not beaten a 50 win team in the playoffs yet.

We know that Jokic is an offensive god but for the love of god.

He is not better then two way players such as LeBron or other legends such as Wilt.
Reggie Jackson is amazing and a killer in the clutch that's all.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,887

Post#170 » by eminence » Mon May 20, 2024 2:40 am

coastalmarker99 wrote:Was a very easy path for Denver last year.

He is not better then two way players such as LeBron or other legends such as Wilt.

I mean, the Clippers had 49 wins in a 72 game season, I think they could've managed 1-9 (The Jazz in '20 were also at a 50 win pace).
I bought a boat.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,826

Post#171 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:48 am

You can be a great player and win titles while not being better than LeBron James or Wilt Chamberlain.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,802

Post#172 » by homecourtloss » Mon May 20, 2024 2:48 am

While it’s clear he’s not as good as LeBron, the run last year wasn’t as weak as it looks on paper. Also,his defense other than in one or two games wasn’t that bad.

One thing that has jumped out at me is that Jokic is only 7-7 in closeout games.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,158

Post#173 » by rk2023 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:47 am

DEN lost this series a lot more due to their offense being put in shackles four times, much more than their defense.
Mogspan wrote:I think they see the super rare combo of high IQ with freakish athleticism and overrate the former a bit, kind of like a hot girl who is rather articulate being thought of as “super smart.” I don’t know kind of a weird analogy, but you catch my drift.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,908

Post#174 » by Peregrine01 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:28 am

rk2023 wrote:DEN lost this series a lot more due to their offense being put in shackles four times, much more than their defense.

The loss of Bruce Brown really hurt them. Nuggets guards had trouble even bringing the ball up the floor. That zippy quickness and energy that Brown brought was really, really missed.
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 946

Post#175 » by JimmyFromNz » Mon May 20, 2024 5:03 am

rk2023 wrote:DEN lost this series a lot more due to their offense being put in shackles four times, much more than their defense.

Exactly, a basic test of whether anyone watched the series.

A really bizarre bump.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,064

Post#176 » by bigboi » Mon May 20, 2024 5:11 am

Bbq chicken all series. If ant wasn’t being selfish, gobert was open like 3-4 straight possessions because Jokic was too winded and not paying attention during the double. Jokic is a trash defender and it did hurt them this series. Because Minny’s whole strategy first two games was attacking the paint because Jokic doesn’t defend the rim well. Then they had to start doubling ant constantly while prevented this attack
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,712

Post#177 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:12 am

They lost this series, because their offense heavily underperformed.

The Wolves clamped them up.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,590

Post#178 » by GSP » Mon May 20, 2024 5:58 am

homecourtloss wrote:

While it’s clear he’s not as good as LeBron, the run last year wasn’t as weak as it looks on paper. Also,his defense other than in one or two games wasn’t that bad.

One thing that has jumped out at me is that Jokic is only 7-7 in closeout games.

I think he has 2 of the top 3 or 4 biggest game 7 meltdowns too. Only team to lose up 20 in a game 7. In 19 against the Blazers they had a big lead early too.
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,028

Post#179 » by OhayoKD » Mon May 20, 2024 11:32 am

JimmyFromNz wrote:

Exactly, a basic test of whether anyone watched the series.

A really bizarre bump.

A basic test of whether you watched the series is if you take his assists per game at face-value. Jokic's offense was not anywhere near goat level. Turns out ball-handling is more than a minor component of offensive goodness.
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL
OhayoKD
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,028

Post#180 » by OhayoKD » Mon May 20, 2024 11:37 am

Wonder what your best peak list looks like.

Two way focus soo,

Lebron, Kareem, Hakeem, Wilt?
its my last message in this thread, but I just admit, that all the people, casual and analytical minds, more or less have consencus who has the weight of a rubberized duck. And its not JaivLLLL

Return to Player Comparisons