The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,569

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#141 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 am

IG2 wrote:Outscored 57-40 in the 2nd half. There was a 12 minute stretch from 3rd to 4th qtr where Lakers had 8 points. The whole team just collectively froze and you could see the writing on the wall right there....

That stretch spelled the beginning of the end. Then LeBron hit those B2B threes in the fourth that took it from 82-81 to 88-81 and I had hope…
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#142 » by NbaAllDay » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 am

Lakers just can't put together more than 2 quarters. Crazy how they can't get much consistency at all outside of Lebron and AD. Rui was useless and Reaves just feels scared at time.

Dlo stood up but they need more than 1 person.

Anyhow the above is clear because the Nuggets are just a better team. Tonight would have been massive (likely lost 4-2 if they won still)

But now it looks closer to being a sweep again. That loss would hurt you mentally, especially when you are the weaker team.
dreamshake
Starter
And1: 2,465

Post#143 » by dreamshake » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:48 am

tone wone wrote:All Denver needs is a quarter. A great quarter by them or a bad one by LA. Hell not even a a full quarter...6mins and thats all they need.

So much like GSW. Just kinda ironic how one does it with a PG and the other with a C as the engine, but the end result is the same.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,777

Post#144 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:53 am

tone wone wrote:Lebron shot that 3 too early. He was so open after the defender fell so I get it...but damn.

They just can't beat this team. All Denver needs is a quarter. A great quarter by them or a bad one by LA. Hell not even a a full quarter...6mins and thats all they need.

The 3 was fine, he was open

We also didn’t have enough to wind it down to 0 anyways. They’d call a timeout

That dry spell in the 3rd screwed us

Disappointed in Reaves and Rui, both horrific on offense

Reaves solid on D, but need more than 3-4 guys on offense

Man this series is over barring a big Denver injury

Reffing was atrocious and may have cost us the game. No call on dlo hit in the face and then giving Jamal that late call, wtf is happening
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,495

Post#145 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:56 am

Darvin has had some stinkers but today is probably his all time greatest.

•Stopped running offense in the second half when it got close like he always does when he gets scared.

•Went away from AD who was dominating. Run some plays for him especially P+R.

•Took way too long to put DLo in when they desperately needed offense.

•Refused to challenge a very soft foul call on LeBron with very little time left. Easily could have been overturned. He just sat there.

•Refused to call timeout to draw up a play for the Lakers last shot.

He is so unfathomably bad I really think he might be gambling on games. It doesn’t make any sense for him to be this bad.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#146 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 am

Mos_Heat wrote:I thought they executed perfectly in the 1st half. Not sure what happens in the 2nd

You know what happened.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,719

Post#147 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 am

RRR3 wrote:Darvin has had some stinkers but today is probably his all time greatest.

•Stopped running offense in the second half when it got close like he always does when he gets scared.

•Refused to challenge a very soft foul call on LeBron with very little time left. Easily could have been overturned. He just sat there.

He is so unfathomably bad I really think he might be gambling on games. It doesn’t make any sense for him to be this bad.

I agree on the points, but LeBron got a wide open 3. Can't really ask for a better look.

Read on Twitter

Lakers keep going away from their offense that's working in the 1st half.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,590

Post#148 » by GSP » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 am

NbaAllDay wrote:Lakers just can't put together more than 2 quarters. Crazy how they can't get much consistency at all outside of Lebron and AD. Rui was useless and Reaves just feels scared at time.

Dlo stood up but they need more than 1 person.

Anyhow the above is clear because the Nuggets are just a better team. Tonight would have been massive (likely lost 4-2 if they won still)

But now it looks closer to being a sweep again. That loss would hurt you mentally, especially when you are the weaker team.

They mightve won if Taurean got Ruis mins

Rui in 38 mins
1/7, 0/2 from 3
3pts, 5 rebounds
-7, only starter in negative

Taurean in 22 mins
2/3, 2/3 from 3
6pts, 3 rebounds
+2
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,887

Post#149 » by EmpireFalls » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 am

Should’ve tanked for OKC. The risk of losing in the play-in is much better than this. Less demoralizing
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,719

Post#150 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 am

Read on Twitter
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,538

Post#151 » by AEnigma » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:13 am

Used to be a saying that NFL teams needed to hire Madden addicts just to tell coaches how to use timeouts.

Lakers need someone like Cranjis telling the staff to stick to what works.
OverAndOut
Junior
And1: 636

Post#152 » by OverAndOut » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:16 am

It's always Groundhog Day when this team plays against DEN. I have no words.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#153 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
RRR3 wrote:Darvin has had some stinkers but today is probably his all time greatest.

I agree on the points, but LeBron got a wide open 3. Can't really ask for a better look.

Read on Twitter

Lakers keep going away from their offense that's working in the 1st half.

Even if LeBron hits that it doesn’t change what I said at all. Game is on Ham. People will blame LeBron for missing the shot or AD for not scoring in the fourth but I am not assigning any blame to either of them personally. Ham abandoned the team like he always does when he panics.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,827

Post#154 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:37 am

I wanna say that with better coaching and slightly better supporting cast AD and Bron still good to compete against the Nuggets, but at the same time they lost 10 times in a row. IDK man...Almost every game looks so close, but LAL bleeds too much on the edges
:reporter:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,777

Post#155 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:48 am

Mos_Heat wrote:I wanna say that with better coaching and slightly better supporting cast AD and Bron still good to compete against the Nuggets, but at the same time they lost 10 times in a row. IDK man...Almost every game looks so close, but LAL bleeds too much on the edges

Thats the crazy part

I feel like we aren't far apart

But we had 3.5 guys show up tonight

Vincent has been a bust. Defense is not bad, but he fouls a lot, and he is useless on offense rn
Rui has been horrible these 2 games and looks scared. Turned down a decent 3. Not the same guy in the reg season
Reaves as struggled with KCP on offense, bt at least playing solid D
Hayes is horrible, low iq. Jokic is a horrible matchup for low IQ thin C.

Lets see how the rest of the series goes.

How it goes determines what this team needs to do this summer or what Bron needs to do

If its a sweep, they need to make a big change or Bron needs to walk
OverAndOut
Junior
And1: 636

Post#156 » by OverAndOut » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am

nzahir wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:I wanna say that with better coaching and slightly better supporting cast AD and Bron still good to compete against the Nuggets, but at the same time they lost 10 times in a row. IDK man...Almost every game looks so close, but LAL bleeds too much on the edges

Thats the crazy part

Vincent has been a bust. Defense is not bad, but he fouls a lot, and he is useless on offense rn
Rui has been horrible these 2 games and looks scared. Turned down a decent 3. Not the same guy in the reg season

How it goes determines what this team needs to do this summer or what Bron needs to do

I'm sitting here hoping he goes to CLE, NYK, or PHI.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#157 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:07 am

They lose because of the coaching difference. I’m not saying they beat Denver with a different coach but they win a few of those 10 games. Tonight for sure.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#158 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:12 am

nzahir wrote:

Thats the crazy part

I mean, can they get better versions of Dlo/Reaves/Rui and a real back up big? Seems unrealistic. 3 star model with Young won't work, imo. So it's kinda hopeless againt the Nuggets. Against any other team they have a real shot(maybe not Boston)
RRR3
Veteran

Post#159 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 am

They don’t have a shot against any other team I think the run last year fooled people. It fooled me too but you simply can not coach the way Ham does in the playoffs and be successful against elite teams. They would likely lose to Minnesota and LAC for the same reason.
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#160 » by Mos_Heat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:16 am

RRR3 wrote:

They lose because of the coaching difference. I’m not saying they beat Denver with a different coach but they win a few of those 10 games. Tonight for sure.

Can't really argue with that, but at the same time their supplementary pieces are so so limited

Return to Player Comparisons