RealGM Top 100 List #14

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Re: RealGM Top 100 List #14 

Post#121 » by semi-sentient » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:29 pm

He's got a couple of MVP's and some great statistical seasons, but his resume doesn't compare favorably to the greats above him who have led their teams to multiple championships. It's not like LeBron hasn't had opportunities to prove his detractors wrong either. Now I think he's pretty clearly top 15ish at this point, but he's going to have to lead his team somewhere before we start talking top 10, much less GOAT material (that ship has long sailed).

As for his age, he might be only 26 but he's also got 29,182 minutes on those legs. I've already seen multiple posts claiming that he looked tired at times, among other excuses, so what happens a couple of years from now when he cracks 40k (which will be in 3 full seasons)? If he doesn't start winning and winning soon his window of opportunity is going to slam shut unless someone else does the heavy lifting, and by that time Wade will be WAY past his prime so who's it going to be? Certainly not Bosh.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,533

Re: RealGM Top 100 List #14 

Post#122 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 pm

My issue with Lebron is that G5 last year and this year's Finals were an outright FAILURE by the measures we normally like to judge players with. Call it greatness, timeliness, whatever. As much as we like to microanalyze the stats and how close someone got to a title, we can't forget that we are ranking 'greatness factor' here and Lebron doing what he did the last two seasons HAS to figure into it

Return to Player Comparisons