The DeMarcus Cousins Thread (2014-2015) - BOOGIE!!!

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

boogie-reke
Head Coach
And1: 244

Re: The DeMarcus Cousins Thread (2014-2015) - BOOGIE!!! 

Post#201 » by boogie-reke » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:33 am

His 3rd quarter in the Pelicans game today was just out of this world - It seemed like he played every position on the floor.. block, steal, run the break, drop dimes, dominate inside, hustle for loose balls.. he just did it all and willed his team to a W showing great mental strength - as he could just as easily decided to let the refs call to eject his coach (ridiculous decision) take him out of the game, moan and distract him from the game.

But instead he just came out with 1 goal in mind from the half, to will his team to a W by any means necessary, and do it leading by example knowing they'll look for him to take change after the coach got tossed.

I'm just so proud and impressed by this kid every game that passes, for his attitude, leadership and defense - moreso then the much talked about offense.

Watching him mature from the player that he was in his early years was a tough and long battle, but it seems he overcame it all - and I am genuinely proud of him for it.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,810

Post#202 » by GSP » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 am

i wonder if he will ever fix the fouling or turnovers.......
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#203 » by Kabookalu » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:33 am

GSP wrote:i wonder if he will ever fix the fouling or turnovers.......

He could be the best fantasy player if it wasn't for his abnormally high turnovers for a big man.
Read on Twitter
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#204 » by SactoKingsFan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNh3EZyy2E[/youtube]
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,810

Post#205 » by GSP » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 am

Another great game by Boogie........Sactown was really missing the offense Gay and Collison brought early and late in the game tho. Cant expect them to play that consistent w/o 2 of their 3 best players. Cousins defense looked really good too
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#206 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 am

GSP wrote:Another great game by Boogie........Sactown was really missing the offense Gay and Collison brought early and late in the game tho. Cant expect them to play that consistent w/o 2 of their 3 best players. Cousins defense looked really good too

29 points, 17 boards, 6 assists & 3 blocks for Big Cuz in 36 minutes of game time.

Cousins was 9-18 from the field & 11-13 from the line.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#207 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:28 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8jGEfYJH9c[/youtube]
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#208 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:33 am

Looks like the turnovers and fouls are going to be an ongoing issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using RealGM Forums
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#209 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:41 am

SactoKingsFan wrote:Looks like the turnovers and fouls are going to be an ongoing issue.

Sent from my LG-G2 using RealGM Forums

Maybe but I still think a lot of his turnovers & fouls are very correctable though. A major portion of turnovers and fouls is the byproduct of a stagnant offense i.e. "Cousins receives ball in the post, dbl-team comes in, no one is moving to set themselves free, Cousins either forces one in or he commits the offensive foul or TO"

Yes, there is another portion of his TOs & fouls that comes down to his frustration and carelessness but I think as he ages & matures, those things will be cut down by virtue of more experience and years under his belt.

I'm not too worried about it in the grand scheme of things.
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#210 » by giordunk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:04 pm

How do you guys rank the top centers in today's game? Cousins has shown serious improvement but the turnovers still really bug me. Cousins probably has the most upside out of anyone, but I think he's still a comfortable third behind Marc and Dwight.

As of right now I'd probably rank the Centers

Marc
Dwight
Cousins
Bogut
Noah
Vucevic
Jefferson
Horford
Andre Drummond
Valanciunas
Brook Lopez
i like peanuts
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,829

Post#211 » by Colbinii » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:12 pm

I wouldn't take Cousins over Gasol or Howard on either of their respective teams, and I wouldn't take either of them over Cousins on the Kings.

However, this doesn't really answer the question as it is a difficult question. If Howard plays like he did last post-season for the remainer of this season and this post-season, he is, without a doubt, the best center in the league because of his ability to dominate both ends of the court. Now, if Gasol can stay healthy, he led Memphis to the best record in the NBA last season once returning from injury, so we have to take that into account. Cousins, well his stats are finally having impact on the game, but to me, the difference in terms of defense doesn't make up for what advantages Cousins has on offense for me. As a #1 option offensively oriented Center, you have to be near Shaq level offensively to impact the game like a 2-way all-nba talent of Gasol or Howard, and I don't know if I am ready to throw Cousins into that tier yet. The season is still young, and if Cousins can keep up this dominance and marginalize his TO/Fouls, I would definitely have to take a second look at this comparison.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#212 » by ardee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:21 pm

giordunk wrote:How do you guys rank the top centers in today's game? Cousins has shown serious improvement but the turnovers still really bug me. Cousins probably has the most upside out of anyone, but I think he's still a comfortable third behind Marc and Dwight.

Marc
Dwight
Cousins
Bogut
Noah
Vucevic
Jefferson
Horford
Andre Drummond
Valanciunas
Brook Lopez

I think centers finally have a good top 3 but oh lord the depth.... Lopez is averaging 5.5 rpg and is a top 10 guy... the position has a long way to go

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#213 » by ardee » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 pm

I think if he sorted out the fouls I'd take him as a top 5 player this year (not saying much considering the majority of the league is playing like crap, but still).

Turnovers IMO can be controlled by a system, which will come with a better coach and better teammates. But fouls are his own tendency, and he needs to figure that out. If he knocked 4.7 to 3.7 it'd easily let him jump his minutes from 32 to 36, meaning his production would spike to 26-14: all-time level numbers.
makaveli_99
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#214 » by makaveli_99 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:35 am

boogie man puttin in work. hope the kings rack up some wins. boogie playing great so far
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#215 » by boogie-reke » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:02 pm

giordunk wrote:How do you guys rank the top centers in today's game? Cousins has shown serious improvement but the turnovers still really bug me. Cousins probably has the most upside out of anyone, but I think he's still a comfortable third behind Marc and Dwight.

Marc
Dwight
Cousins
Bogut
Noah
Vucevic
Jefferson
Horford
Andre Drummond
Valanciunas
Brook Lopez

I think it's Marc and DeMarcus, then Dwight.

DeMarcus really closed the huge gap Marc and Dwight had on him defensively this season, and his offensive dominance is something neither of them have.

But I'd take Marc cause of the surge he made on the offensive end as far as him being more aggressive then ever in taking more shots and taking the offensive load (hope he can continue and it's not some fluke, cause judging by his career numbers it has never happened for him before) , and the fact he's a better defender and still an amazing FT and midrange shooter for a C - and because he plays more under control and is more reliable then DeMarcus to stay in the game currently.

Both those guys simply can do it all from the C position - you can throw them the ball and tell them to get to work, they can play off the ball and shoot the midrange or cut to the basket, they're prolly the best triple threat Cs in the league, they're two of the best FT shooters for bigs, they draw fouls, and they pass the ball brilliantly and really think the game over instead of just going about it like robots with fantastic feel - defensively both are able to do a good job protecting the rim, they rotate well, active with their hands playing disruptive, and are two of the better post defenders - Marc is a better PNR defender and overall has a better presence and savvy defensively, which is why I give him the nod.

Dwight's FT and lack of offensive ability/feel is what keeps him down as 3rd for me and separates the above 2 from him. He's not reliable in close game situations and he isn't very good or capable at adjusting to different looks teams throw at him like Marc and DeMarcus.

Basically I think down the line DeMarcus will hold the #1 C position down, but for now Marc is still ahead although not by much.

1A. Marc Gasol
1B. DeMarcus Cousins
2. Dwight Howard
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#216 » by Winsome Gerbil » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:33 pm

Colbinii wrote:I wouldn't take Cousins over Gasol or Howard on either of their respective teams, and I wouldn't take either of them over Cousins on the Kings.

However, this doesn't really answer the question as it is a difficult question. If Howard plays like he did last post-season for the remainer of this season and this post-season, he is, without a doubt, the best center in the league because of his ability to dominate both ends of the court. Now, if Gasol can stay healthy, he led Memphis to the best record in the NBA last season once returning from injury, so we have to take that into account. Cousins, well his stats are finally having impact on the game, but to me, the difference in terms of defense doesn't make up for what advantages Cousins has on offense for me. As a #1 option offensively oriented Center, you have to be near Shaq level offensively to impact the game like a 2-way all-nba talent of Gasol or Howard, and I don't know if I am ready to throw Cousins into that tier yet. The season is still young, and if Cousins can keep up this dominance and marginalize his TO/Fouls, I would definitely have to take a second look at this comparison.

Near Shaq level offensively, ok, check:

Per 36min
Shaq age 24: 24.8pts (.556TS%) 11.9reb 2.9ast 0.9stl 2.7blk 2.7TO
Shaq age 25: 28.1pts (.587TS%) 11.3reb 2.4ast 0.6stl 2.4blk 2.9TO

DCuz age 23: 25.3pts (.555TS%) 13.0reb 3.2ast 1.7stl 1.4blk 3.9TO
DCuz age 24: 26.4pts (.586TS%) 14.2reb 2.7ast 1.3stl 1.7blk 4.1TO

With Cousins there continues to be a lot of artificial moving of goalposts because well, we just KNOIW that it can't be true. We just KNOW it. So we'll ignore the nose on our face.

And that leads to this obvious observation: if prime Shaq entered the league today, or even young Shaq, and ANYONE made the argument oh, Dwight > Shaq or MGasol > Shaq, they would be very appropriately laughed right out of the building.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#217 » by KF10 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:40 am

Last 12 games whenever Cousins is unavailable?

0-12
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#218 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:27 am

Marc
Dwight
Cousins
Bogut
Noah
Vucevic
Jefferson
Horford
Andre Drummond
Valanciunas
Brook Lopez

Cousins is clearly the best C in the NBA right now. He's far more explosive offensively than Gasol and is a comparable defender, judging by Synergy, SportsVU and +/- stats. Gasol just has the reputation for being a better defender, but that might not last much longer.

The only reason its close right now is because Cousins is fouling way too much and playing too few minutes. But the Kings' schedule in December is incredibly home-heavy, so as mind boggling as it is, you could end up seeing Cousins' stats end up as even more dominant than before.

1. Cousins
2. Gasol
3. Howard
4. Noah
5. Bogut

Thats my Top-5.
boogie-reke
Head Coach

Post#219 » by boogie-reke » Mon Dec 1, 2014 12:02 am

KF10 wrote:Last 12 games whenever Cousins is unavailable?

0-12

Trend continues today.. It really is amazing what a shell of a team we are without DeMarcus.

Imagine him with legit supporting cast, goddamn.

He won't be there cause our record will probably not be high enough to warrant it, but he is absolutely a top 5 MVP candidate as far as his importance and impact on the team.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#220 » by KF10 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 1:33 am

boogie-reke wrote:
KF10 wrote:Last 12 games whenever Cousins is unavailable?

0-12

Trend continues today.. It really is amazing what a shell of a team we are without DeMarcus.

Imagine him with legit supporting cast, goddamn.

He won't be there cause our record will probably not be high enough to warrant it, but he is absolutely a top 5 MVP candidate as far as his importance and impact on the team.

Another loss for the Kings without Cousins.

The Kings are in trouble if Cousins miss any more games this season.

This team has NO SHOT at winning and reverts back to a weak lotto team without Cousins.

Return to Player Comparisons