Lillard VS Irving Who do you take?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

gordito
Rookie
And1: 33

Re: Lillard VS Irving Who do you take? 

Post#41 » by gordito » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:01 pm

Hey man, I'm with you. I've gotten into a few debates myself on this topic, and the posts seem to overwhelmingly favor Lillard.

I'm surprised Shem or any of those more active Blazers/Lillard supporters have not voiced their opinions on this topic.

In typical RealGM fashion, it's fitting that the only response you got hinted at Coach K playing favorites, instead of giving Irving the props he deserves. Actually, it's actually pretty sad.
blazersfan52
Senior
And1: 224

Post#42 » by blazersfan52 » Tue Sep 2, 2014 7:57 pm

airyak13 wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:
airyak13 wrote:Hey guys,

Updated thoughts on this topic? The "winner" argument apparently didn't go well with Coach K or Team USA brass, and they've chosen to go the Globetrotter/And1 route instead.

out of curiosity, who was the coach of the team Irving played for in college?

LOL. Wow. So that's why Irving made it over Lillard and consistently outplayed him this summer? Rightttttt :banghead:

Honest question because I didn't really get to watch anything to do with team USA or anything like that, how did both do like any stats or anything even just a quick video to eyeball, and I won't judge off that I just really am curious as to how they both did overall in the camp obviously Coach K feels that Irving is the better player/fit for the team so who am I to argue that he knows what he's talking about in that regard much more so than me.
airyak13
Pro Prospect
And1: 932

Post#43 » by airyak13 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Honestly not trying to troll, but has any Lillard supporters' opinions changed since this past season? Not sure where everyone went.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,002

Post#44 » by Village Idiot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 am

airyak13 wrote:Honestly not trying to troll, but has any Lillard supporters' opinions changed since this past season? Not sure where everyone went.

Nor did any Blazers fans/Lillard supporters reopen this thread after Lillard's fantastic playoff showing while Irving was siting at home.

Irving showed he deserved to be on Team USA and performed really well. Perhaps playing with good teammates portends an improved upcoming season. Derrick Rose proved he didn't deserve to be on Team USA but Thibs got some on-court rehab for his guy. We all know Lillard got cut to give Rose a spot.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,765

Post#45 » by picc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I thought Irving was a better overall player last season and still do. Lillard is an amazing shooter and a very good scorer but I don't see much else besides that. Absolutely love Lillard's shooting stroke though and like him better as a fan.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,201

Post#46 » by tsherkin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:28 pm

picc wrote:I thought Irving was a better overall player last season and still do. Lillard is an amazing shooter and a very good scorer but I don't see much else besides that. Absolutely love Lillard's shooting stroke though and like him better as a fan.

He moves the ball well enough and worked out well with LMA. Still very young but showing a lot early. With that J and quickness, be'll keep doing very well for Portland.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,765

Post#47 » by picc » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:56 pm

For sure. Love the guy.

Return to Player Comparisons