kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: PC Board OT thread 

Post#881 » by kingkirk » Mon May 25, 2015 12:59 am

bondom34 wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, King Cuban was a much better poster than this Mark K guy.

Not a spoiler, but a fact.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#882 » by MisterHibachi » Mon May 25, 2015 5:11 pm

E-Balla wrote:
MisterHibachi wrote:I can't seem to find any full regular season game from the 91 Bulls season. Any one know where I can find a bunch to start that Jordan thread?

Or we can limit ourselves to the playoffs and watch that whole run.

I got lucky enough in a thread on here to become Plex friends with someone with hundreds of old Jordan games but I'm not sure if I have download permissions. If I do I could throw them in a Dropbox folder. I'll look into it tomorrow since I have the day off if you guys want.

Not idea what Plex is but if you can download then yes please, that would be awesome.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#883 » by E-Balla » Mon May 25, 2015 5:34 pm

I've checked and he's not online now so I can't access the videos anyway. I'll check again later.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#884 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed May 27, 2015 5:25 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hubertdavisfor3/status/603389163199664128[/tweet]

:lol:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,828

Post#885 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/hubertdavisfor3/status/603389163199664128[/tweet]

Never saw the court I don't believe in 2011 for what that's worth.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#886 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
Spoiler:
Clyde Frazier wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/hubertdavisfor3/status/603389163199664128[/tweet]

Never saw the court I don't believe in 2011 for what that's worth.

Good memory. Just looked it up, and he didn't appear in a game after game 2 of the ECF in 2011. So technically, it isn’t true. All he needed was 1 minute in game 5 to be mentioned in the same company as lebron and russell!

It really is crazy how legitimate the whole “GM lebron” thing is, though.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#887 » by Quotatious » Thu May 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Bulls just fired Thibodeau. A lot of teams could use him, obviously, but who do you think would be the best fit for him? I could see him really improving the Rockets or Pelicans (obviously Houston would have to fire McHale before they sign him).
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Post#888 » by Dr Spaceman » Thu May 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Quotatious wrote:Bulls just fired Thibodeau. A lot of teams could use him, obviously, but who do you think would be the best fit for him? I could see him really improving the Rockets or Pelicans (obviously Houston would have to fire McHale before they sign him).

Personally I see no way Houston fires McHale fresh off a WCF run. Their management purposefully leaves that roster in a state of flux so they can jump at the next star that becomes available to do their big 3 thing. Millsap, Aldridge, and a litany of lower tier guards and forwards would be an excellent fit there. I think they like McHale enough that they'll give him a year to prove himself after they actually complete the roster.

Orlando hasn't fired anyone yet, so they're on the table. Don't see that being a fit for either side, though, to be honest, but with the Scott Skiles talk it appears they have a type.

Pelicans seam like the most likely team, as they have a young defensive stud in the making and a front office imperative to win now, something Thibodeau is very proven in. They could legitimately progress to a 55 win team with Thibs at the helm, although their ceiling is definitely lower than winning the West. NOP seems like the best fit for all involved.

I don't see Thibs taking on a non-playoff job, he's in a rare position in his career where he can dictate his salary as well as the team he wants to coach. TBH wouldn't shock me if he took a year off waiting for a better job to open up if NOP is off the table.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,828

Post#889 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Quotatious wrote:Bulls just fired Thibodeau. A lot of teams could use him, obviously, but who do you think would be the best fit for him? I could see him really improving the Rockets or Pelicans (obviously Houston would have to fire McHale before they sign him).

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1389865#start_here

^ another shameless plug for the T&T board. To this point more of the conversation has gone to the pettiness of how the Bulls FO has handled this situation and how this might effect finding a replacement for him.

He would make some sense for the Magic but I think they may be too far down the road with Skiles. I don't like his fit with the Pelicans at all considering the injury concerns their team already has. And I'd be especially leery of the idea of Davis getting played 40 minutes every night. I'd think either a mystery team fires their guy now that Thibs is available or he has to wait a year.

I think some of the bloom is off his rose as well. Obviously a terrific defensive coach, but I'm not sold on the idea of him as an elite head coach. Not at all.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#890 » by bondom34 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Kinda hoping he takes an assistant gig in OKC...
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,552

Post#891 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Personally I see no way Houston fires McHale fresh off a WCF run.

Houston is one of the most fascinating teams in the league.

On the surface a run to the WCF makes them appear to be real contenders who are only a piece or two away. A careful examination shows they aren't. At no point in the RS did they consistently play like a contender. They were worse than the year before. Their luck in close games gave them a 2nd seed match-up against a declining club. Dallas after the Rondo was a .500 team that was missing a key player. Furthermore, they were an opponent that was tailor made for the Rockets.

Los Angeles outplayed them by a strong margin over that 7 game series. Houston would only come out victorious 2-3 times if they played that ten times. Golden State thoroughly dominated them. They did not look like a contender in the post-season or regular season.

I don't even think they have a Big 2. Howard regressed dramatically this year and hasn't consistently played like a superstar since 2012. A lot of fans and players still think of him as a superstar which could help in recruiting players but I doubt that will last.

Houston's window of opportunity is closing much faster than people realize.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#892 » by PaulieWal » Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Personally I see no way Houston fires McHale fresh off a WCF run.

Houston is one of the most fascinating teams in the league.

On the surface a run to the WCF makes them appear to be real contenders who are only a piece or two away. A careful examination shows they aren't. At no point in the RS did they consistently play like a contender. They were worse than the year before. Their luck in close games gave them a 2nd seed match-up against a declining club. Dallas after the Rondo was a .500 team that was missing a key player. Furthermore, they were an opponent that was tailor made for the Rockets.

Los Angeles outplayed them by a strong margin over that 7 game series. Houston would only come out victorious 2-3 times if they played that ten times. Golden State thoroughly dominated them. They did not look like a contender in the post-season or regular season.

I don't even think they have a Big 2. Howard regressed dramatically this year and hasn't consistently played like a superstar since 2012. A lot of fans and players still think of him as a superstar which could help in recruiting players but I doubt that will last.

Houston's window of opportunity is closing much faster than people realize.

Good post though I am not sure I agree with that their window is closing faster than people realize. As long as Harden is committed to the franchise I think they will be able to keep that window open by looking for new stars/adding new pieces. Harden is only 25-26 I think. Howard has only 2 years left on his deal and it's possible that he opts-out after this year as the last year is a player option. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Howard and Houston part ways after this season if his health remains an issue.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#893 » by kingkirk » Fri May 29, 2015 8:41 am

Maybe i am still too far deep in my anti-Thibs ways at the moment, but with the way the Rockets play on offense, i am not sure if that fit makes sense.

He got into it with our FO about losing/trading players. The revolving door in Houston would really bother him. Not sure if he would work well with Morey.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#894 » by Dr Spaceman » Fri May 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Mark K wrote:
Maybe i am still too far deep in my anti-Thibs ways at the moment

Huh. I'm sure you're exhausted from discussing this on the Bulls board, but would you mind going over what led you to thinking like this? I've read a bunch of articles and everything on Twitter seems to point to Thibs being a sacrificial lamb. I've seen some Bulls fans who are straight up happy he's gone, and. That's utterly bizarre to me.

So again I'm sure you're sick of talking about this, but for those of us who don't want to pore over 70 pages in the Bulls forum, would you mind explaining how the fans turned on him? It seems like just last year he was a hero.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#895 » by Dr Spaceman » Fri May 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Does anyone here browse on an iPhone? Every so often this site just kicks me to the App Store for some stupid game or another. I get that the site needs ads, but this is really intrusive and makes the site unusable at times
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#896 » by JLei » Fri May 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:Does anyone here browse on an iPhone? Every so often this site just kicks me to the App Store for some stupid game or another. I get that the site needs ads, but this is really intrusive and makes the site unusable at times

Use Tapatalk. Or the RealGM app?

I do neither but those are possible solutions.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#897 » by kingkirk » Fri May 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:Huh. I'm sure you're exhausted from discussing this on the Bulls board, but would you mind going over what led you to thinking like this? I've read a bunch of articles and everything on Twitter seems to point to Thibs being a sacrificial lamb. I've seen some Bulls fans who are straight up happy he's gone, and. That's utterly bizarre to me.

So again I'm sure you're sick of talking about this, but for those of us who don't want to pore over 70 pages in the Bulls forum, would you mind explaining how the fans turned on him? It seems like just last year he was a hero.

Thibodeau is a very good coach, but for me, i was ready for change.

My issues with him this season:

- For a defensive coach, the team had no defensive identity. Even our defensive guys were extremely inconsistent on that end this season.

- I think he had lost the players by the end.

- His rotations were really bad at times.

- i think he handled Snell & McDermott's development poorly.

- I personally did not like the Mirotic at SF experiment. I thought it was a mistake from the get go.

- A change was required in the starting line up. Joakim Noah did not deserve to be a starter by the time the playoffs had rolled around based on production.

When i say anti-Thibodeau, i don't mean to say that i was jumping for joy when he was fired, or that i now have a deep loathing for him, but i thought it was certainly time for a change.
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,552

Post#898 » by sp6r=underrated » Sat May 30, 2015 7:19 pm

I recommend this article in New York Magazine http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/05/how-a-grad-student-uncovered-a-huge-fraud.html about the Michael LaCour affair. It is both a highly entertaining story about a brazen academic fraud and an investigation of the peer review process.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager

Post#899 » by Dr Spaceman » Sat May 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Gentry to be the next NO coach. Thoughts? He's clearly a talented offensive mind, and from accounts was exactly the type of personality they were looking for. Davis LOVED Monty, and it seems like Gentry is the type of guy who can foster a similar bond. Still curious to see where they go for assistants because their defense was 100% of their problem.

Also seems likely now that Thibs will take a year off from coaching. Wait for another spot on a playoff roster of something close.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#900 » by bondom34 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 am

Dr Spaceman wrote:Gentry to be the next NO coach. Thoughts? He's clearly a talented offensive mind, and from accounts was exactly the type of personality they were looking for. Davis LOVED Monty, and it seems like Gentry is the type of guy who can foster a similar bond. Still curious to see where they go for assistants because their defense was 100% of their problem.

Also seems likely now that Thibs will take a year off from coaching. Wait for another spot on a playoff roster of something close.

I'm not sure. I kinda like it, but at the same time, he was a HC before and not very good. Some guys are just cut to be assistants and I wonder if he's one. That roster is a strange mishmash of players outside AD, and I don't know its ceiling. He could be great though too.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Player Comparisons