Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Arman_tanzarian
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Re: Durant 2008-2012 vs LeBron James 2004-2008 

Post#21 » by Arman_tanzarian » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 am

Wall34 wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:
Colbinii wrote:This isn't a fair comparison for either player. LeBron is a goat candidate and we are comparing a player who will likely end up between 15-20 to a GOAT candidate.

This.

Lebron is already top 10 and he isn't close to being done. Durant would be lucky if he cracks top 15 imo.

Lucky? top 20 is basically a lock and top 15 is easily in his grasp. Now depending on how well he plays in the postseason in the future and if he wins any rings (if he does how many?) i think his absolute ceiling is top 10.

Durant is amazing but he has a long way to go to be even top 15. More season like his recent ones and couple of playoffs runs like 12 again. Maybe a few mvp's and a title or two he'll hit it but he had to still do those. Top 15 is ridic. He's amazing though and will surpass current Bron soon. Too bad Davis will be on his heels then.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#22 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:03 am

Basketballefan wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:This.

Lebron is already top 10 and he isn't close to being done. Durant would be lucky if he cracks top 15 imo.

Actually I think Durant can do a lot better than that, but yeah, I'd agree he's not a GOAT candidate the way LeBron is.

He certainly has the potential yes. But it would take excellent longevity for him to make top 15.

his game should age very well, he hasn't utilized his post moves as much as he should but he still converts at an elite rate or PPP even though his post up volume is a lot less the lebrons

Furthermore what reliable star that is a shooter does he have to pair with. Westbrook has been very inconsistent at shooting much like earlier LeBron and they don't really have a low post option who can score well enough in space to take advantage of the attention kevin Durant draws as a shooter which is curry like.

What usually happens ( because their bigs aren't that good of scorers besides ibaka's midrange ) is that a pick and roll for either kevin or Russell and either one of them takes it into the hole, or kicks it out to the other

When Russell drives KD stretches the floor but not the other way around which is why durants attacking ability isn't as productive as it could be as opposed to if he had more 3 point shooting around him. This is why fisher and caron butler were able to keep finding playoff time in the clutch.

Reggie Jackson being able to consistently hits threes would give KD more open options to pass to when he drives and the lane is closed off, and give him more space in the low post if KD attacks there more often.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Wall34
Pro Prospect
And1: 146

Post#23 » by Wall34 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:47 am

Arman_tanzarian wrote:
Wall34 wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:This.

Lucky? top 20 is basically a lock and top 15 is easily in his grasp. Now depending on how well he plays in the postseason in the future and if he wins any rings (if he does how many?) i think his absolute ceiling is top 10.

Durant is amazing but he has a long way to go to be even top 15. More season like his recent ones and couple of playoffs runs like 12 again. Maybe a few mvp's and a title or two he'll hit it but he had to still do those. Top 15 is ridic. He's amazing though and will surpass current Bron soon. Too bad Davis will be on his heels then.

Obviously he has a ways to go my point is barring injury top 15 is absolutely possible.

Return to Player Comparisons