Other
No votes

Total votes: 19

Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

[POLL] Predict the 2014-15 NBA champion 

Post#1 » by Jim Naismith » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm

The 2014-15 NBA season is less than a month away.

Vote for the team you predict will be the next NBA champion.

Basketballefan
Banned User
And1: 583

Re: [POLL] Predict the 2014-15 NBA champion 

Post#2 » by Basketballefan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Voted Okc but wouldnt be suprised if im wrong. I dont think the Cavs are ready and i doubt Spurs can win the West again.
The Realist
Starter
And1: 1,496

Post#3 » by The Realist » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 pm

Cavs by beating some other team than the Spurs in the final.
meh
Gus Fring
Pro Prospect
And1: 868

Post#4 » by Gus Fring » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Basketballefan wrote:Voted Okc but wouldnt be suprised if im wrong. I dont think the Cavs are ready and i doubt Spurs can win the West again.

Why do you doubt the spurs can win the west?
Basketballefan
Banned User

Post#5 » by Basketballefan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Gus Fring wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:Voted Okc but wouldnt be suprised if im wrong. I dont think the Cavs are ready and i doubt Spurs can win the West again.

Because it's unlikely that they can win such a tough conference 3 straight times.

People may want to not admit it, but they've caught lucky breaks the past 2 years, they avoided a healthy OKC 2 years in a row. They almost went down 3-1 to Dallas too.

They'll catch a bad matchup this year and they will get knocked out.
Gus Fring
Pro Prospect
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Gus Fring » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Basketballefan wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:

Because it's unlikely that they can win such a tough conference 3 straight times.

People may want to not admit it, but they've caught lucky breaks the past 2 years, they avoided a healthy OKC 2 years in a row. They almost went down 3-1 to Dallas too.

Idk, basing predictions off injuries, bad match ups or just luck isn't very reliable. I could say the Thunder play a bad matchup in the first round or Durant gets injured and lose. That's more of just a possibility than a prediction. You can only really go off what we know now. They have the same team that won the championship a year ago and are completely healthy at the moment. That wouldn't put doubt of a championship run in me.
Basketballefan
Banned User

Post#7 » by Basketballefan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Gus Fring wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:

Idk, basing predictions off injuries, bad match ups or just luck isn't very reliable. I could say the Thunder play a bad matchup in the first round or Durant gets injured and lose. That's more of just a possibility than a prediction. You can only really go off what we know now. They have the same team that won the championship a year ago and are completely healthy at the moment. That wouldn't put doubt of a championship run in me.

I just don't see them winning again, plain and simple.
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#8 » by TrueStoryGSW » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Warriors in 6.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,821

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 pm

I've learned the hard way that predicting against San Antonio is a sucker's bet. So I stopped several years ago. Until Duncan retires I'm picking them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#10 » by HornetJail » Wed Oct 1, 2014 1:09 am

OKC over Chicago in 6 games.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#11 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:13 am

It won't be any team from the west and you can bet on that.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#12 » by PaulieWal » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:19 am

DEEP3CL wrote:It won't be any team from the west and you can bet on that.

Why do you say that? Are Cavs your pick for the title? IMO Cavs-OKC would be a toss-up but if it's Cavs-Spurs I am favoring the Spurs.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#13 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:36 am

PaulieWal wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:It won't be any team from the west and you can bet on that.

Why do you say that? Are Cavs your pick for the title? IMO Cavs-OKC would be a toss-up but if it's Cavs-Spurs I am favoring the Spurs.
No the Cavs aren't my pick but they have a solid chance if their younger guys make the sacrifice. I don't think the Spurs get out the west, that would make 3 straight Finals runs. Can't see their older guys holding up like that despite what Pop may try to do with minutes.

I like the Bulls winning it but as with most of the other contenders health will be key.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#14 » by PaulieWal » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:40 am

DEEP3CL wrote:I like the Bulls winning it but as with most of the other contenders health will be key.

Ah, I see. I am not as high on the Bulls as some. To me the Bulls have a lot of question marks and even if Rose stays healthy he probably won't be that good this year (though it would be better for the league if he is). I think Cavs are the prohibitive favorites in the East but will probably be underdogs against the Western Champ.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
DEEP3CL
RealGM

Post#15 » by DEEP3CL » Wed Oct 1, 2014 4:54 am

PaulieWal wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:I like the Bulls winning it but as with most of the other contenders health will be key.

Ah, I see. I am not as high on the Bulls as some. To me the Bulls have a lot of question marks and even if Rose stays healthy he probably won't be that good this year (though it would be better for the league if he is). I think Cavs are the prohibitive favorites in the East but will probably be underdogs against the Western Champ.
If I had to pick a team coming out the west I think it could be the Clippers. But they don't have enough to win it despite what the media raves about having more bigs. Yeah they have more bigs but I was never impressed with Hawes. He's all offense and offense isn't the Clippers root problem. It's defense when it come to the interior.

People are fooled by Jordan's block shot totals, but a lot of them are from weak side help position. All Hawes gives them is another big floor stretcher. He's not an interior scorer. In the playoffs you need to be able to score the easy buckets in the interior. If Blake isn't dunking he isn't getting to the rim easily, neither is Jordan and Hawes won't either.

If it were a Cavs/ Clipper Finals, the Cavs would win it simply because they're more superior at the 3 than the Clippers are and can play the 5,4,2 and 1 positions to a even tilt.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

Return to Player Comparisons