The Kevin Durant Thread (14/15 Pt. 1)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,041

Re: The Kevin Durant Thread (14/15 Pt. 1) 

Post#221 » by GSP » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:33 am

Wooooooooooooooooow. Kanter, Augustin, Singler and Novak????? And they got rid of Perk and Reggie?????
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,251

Post#222 » by ardee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:24 am

I must admit I didn't think Presti had it in him. I'm not sure how much use Singler and Novak will be but Augustin is a better alternative to WB than Jax had been, and Kanter gives them a different dimension.

I give Sam effort points no matter how this ends. Ambitious.
GSP
RealGM

Post#223 » by GSP » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:55 am

The reports ive read regarding Kd dont look good...........it would be awful if this was the beginning of the end
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,252

Post#224 » by SideshowBob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:53 pm

**** :(

GSP wrote:The reports ive read regarding Kd dont look good...........it would be awful if this was the beginning of the end

Wait why? I thought it's just this season
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,544

Post#225 » by Greatness » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Devastating
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,212

Post#226 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:10 pm

F it, they can't win it all, but hope Russ can beast for a few more weeks. Get well.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,156

Post#227 » by PaulieWal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:31 pm

bondom34 wrote:F it, they can't win it all, but hope Russ can beast for a few more weeks. Get well.

A little OT but bondom, did you read this?

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-r ... rts-media/

I found the piece fascinating.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#228 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:39 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:F it, they can't win it all, but hope Russ can beast for a few more weeks. Get well.

Read half of it, but have been kinda disgusted with NBA right now. It seemed like a fluff price that was basically the media promoting itself and showing athletes are jerks. Andbloved that they make RJ out to be a good guy, when basically all evidence point otherwise.

The season still sucks.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,156

Post#229 » by PaulieWal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm

bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Read half of it, but have been kinda disgusted with NBA right now. It seemed like a fluff price that was basically the media promoting itself and showing athletes are jerks. Andbloved that they make RJ out to be a good guy, when basically all evidence point otherwise.

The season still sucks.

I didn't get that at all. I think what they were saying is that the Thunder PR team basically doesn't let the reporters talk to the players on a more personal level. There's a story about how KD was talking to a reporter about his tattoo and the PR team wouldn't let him.

If anything it humanized both the players and the reporters when they talked about locker room post-game scrums which are uncomfortable for the players and the reporters.

I do agree that this season sucks with KD pretty much out now. :banghead:
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

The season still sucks.

I didn't get that at all. I think what they were saying is that the Thunder PR team basically doesn't let the reporters talk to the players on a more personal level. There's a story about how KD was talking to a reporter about his tattoo and the PR team wouldn't let him.

If anything it humanized both the players and the reporters when they talked about locker room post-game scrums which are uncomfortable for the players and the reporters.

I do agree that this season sucks with KD pretty much out now. :banghead:

I may have to finish it later then, thanks! Crappy day...
GSP
RealGM

Post#231 » by GSP » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:47 pm

SideshowBob wrote:**** :(

GSP wrote:The reports ive read regarding Kd dont look good...........it would be awful if this was the beginning of the end

It is so far but i think they rushed him. Im not sure things look great for him long term.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,321

Post#232 » by JordansBulls » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Would he not even show up for the playoffs?
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#233 » by J Shuttlesworth » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:32 am

GSP wrote:

It is so far but i think they rushed him. Im not sure things look great for him long term.

What reports?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#234 » by bondom34 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:34 am

J Shuttlesworth wrote:
GSP wrote:

What reports?

None. :lol:

Its in his expert medical opinion.
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#235 » by ceiling raiser » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:15 pm

Some good news. I think it may already be common knowledge, but just saw this old article linked on another site:

It is also important to point out the Jones fracture is not the same type of dreaded “big man” injury that plagued Yao Ming or Bill Walton. Their fractures were to the navicular bone, a bone in the midfoot that forms a keystone of the arch on the inner aspect of the foot. It too has a poor healing supply and fails to respond in some cases even despite surgical intervention. It is vastly different from a Jones fracture and a navicular fracture that is resistant to healing can be a career-threatening injury. It’s worth noting there are no reported cases of an NBA player’s career ending as a result of a fifth metatarsal injury.

In an article published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine in 2011 looking at bone-grafting procedures performed on re-fractures or non-unions of the fifth metatarsal in 21 elite college and professional athletes, the success rate for return to prior level of competition was 100 percent. At over two years' follow-up, only one athlete had suffered a subsequent re-fracture (the re-fracture was sustained in a motor vehicle accident, not in sports).

http://espn.go.com/blog/stephania-bell/post/_/id/3070/prognosis-good-on-kevin-durants-foot

I'm probably late to the party, but I just breathed a massive sigh of relief. Very, very happy to hear this.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:44 pm

That's what I've been trying to yell at people when they say "but he's big and foot injuries mean he's done". No medical evidence says he's gonna have any issues. Also, been setting up voluntary team workouts in LA with Russ and Serge. Love the picture.

Just hoping for the whole team to stay healthy this season.

Return to Player Comparisons