Stockton/Boozer
No votes

Total votes: 12

Matt15
Assistant Coach
And1: 499

New Team: Pippen/Noah or Stockton/Boozer 

Post#1 » by Matt15 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:00 am

Which duo would you rather build around?
Nikos Beard
Junior
And1: 380

Re: New Team: Pippen/Noah or Stockton/Boozer 

Post#2 » by Nikos Beard » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 am

Extremely easy decision for a biased Bulls fan like myself, both for Pippen/Noah and against Boozer/Stockton :lol:

Seriously, I'd still go with Pippen and Noah. 1993-94 Scottie and 2013-14 Jo would be an incredible, incredible defense. I'd have a DPOY level wing defender, and a DPOY level rim protector. It'd be hard to screw that defense up. And the passing the ability of both of them would give the offense some really unique - and dangerous - potential. All I would need then is an off the ball pure shooter to put up some points, maybe someone like current Klay Thompson. I'd take a trio of Pippen/Thompson/Noah with good role players and a competent coach to battle against any team in the league right now.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#3 » by lukekarts » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:31 am

Pippen/Noah.

Pippen is very close to Stockton as a player, personally I rank Pippen higher but understand there are arguements elsewhere.

The real separation for me is Noah/Boozer. Boozer is a pretty common type of player; in the last decade alone I can name a number of similarly productive players, West, Randolph, Millsap, Lee etc. Noah is pretty unique, his defensive impact is greater than Boozer's somewhat replaceable offense, and outside of that he's a good passer and better offensive player than Boozer is a defender.

Plus, when you pair up Pippen/Noah, you've got great movement and great D... you're really just left looking for a top 20 in the league perimeter guy and some role players.

With Stockton/Boozer, you're still looking for a Dwight Howard to contend.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
ThunderDan9
Veteran
And1: 488

Post#4 » by ThunderDan9 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 am

Pippen/Noah.
Individually I rate both players better than Stockton and Boozer rerspectively. And then there is what lukekarts said. Boozer is just... meh. Decent volume scorer for sure, but a defensive liability.
PC Board All Time Fantasy Draft:

PG Mark Price (92-94)
SG Manu Ginobili (05-07)
SF Larry Bird (84-86)
PF Horace Grant (93-95)
C Dwight Howard (09-11)
+
Bernard King (82-84) Vlade Divac (95-97) Derek Harper (88-90) Dan Majerle (91-93) Josh Smith (10-12)
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#5 » by GYK » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Pippen and Noah

John the best player but the prime Boozer dropoff from current Noah is just to much.
Finding scoring will be the goal for the team but team play on offense(passing) is absolutely fantastic.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,842

Post#6 » by Joao Saraiva » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:11 pm

What is Boozer doing here?
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#7 » by Quotatious » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:What is Boozer doing here?

To be fair, Boozer was a real force as a scorer and rebounder for two or three seasons in Utah. Especially 2006-07, when he was great not only in the RS, but also in the playoffs, for a prolonged run (17 games). He was just a player with very obvious strengths (scoring, rebounding) and very obvious weaknesses (defense, or even passing). Basically, a top 3 offensive PF that year, and bottom 3 defensive PF. Overall though, his impact was obviously positive (+5.2 O and -2.9 D in NPI RAPM, and +6.0 O and -3.7 D in prior informed, for 2007, plus almost 21 PPG on 59% TS and almost 21% TRB, is pretty damn good - that seems to be an accurate description of prime Boozer's game).

Playing with Stockton, so even a better facilitator than Deron (especially better than 2007 Deron, when he was still before his real prime), would make it easier for him. It'd basically be Malone/Stockton lite.

That being said, I'm going with Noah and Pippen, but I can certainly see a case for Stockton/Boozer.
Chi-laska
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#8 » by Chi-laska » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Boozer's prime was descent, but the problem with Boozer is that he needed every bit of Athleticism he had in his prime to play at that caliber. As soon as his athleticism started declining, he became very pedestrian. That is the danger with undersized power forwards. I like Boozer as a person but he did not have the killer instinct I would want in my franchise player.

Return to Player Comparisons