Antoine Walker
Eddie Curry

bench - JR Smith Michael Beasley Jayson Williams
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Re: Which team would win? 

Post#2 » by Exodus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:35 am

Team A ha no post up option , to many players who pose no threat for offense, where the defense can sag off and no one to stretch the court.

Team B has Bonzi Wells who was under rated in his day, he can get to the hoop. I will go team B
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#3 » by GYK » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:31 am

Team A in a monster win.
Lockdown frontcourt, Artest on MJ just to slow him down.
Scoring machine guards.
One of the best pure points to run the bench.

Sweep in the PS.
ThunderDan9
Veteran
And1: 488

Post#4 » by ThunderDan9 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:16 pm

I don't know about a sweep, but... OUCH, Eddy Curry... :lol: I actually pretty much like the dynamic backcourt of Westbrook-Iverson, and Artest is a pretty good match-up on Jordan (taking turns with Rodman and Westbrook). Rodman/Ben Wallace is extremely awkward even in this series of rather awkward teams, BUT... everything runs throgh the back-court anyway, AND whenever it's needed, you can always insert Rasheed... and VOILA... it's almost perfect. Rasheed is a key player here in my eyes... the bench of Team A looks much better...

Team A in 6.
PC Board All Time Fantasy Draft:

PG Mark Price (92-94)
SG Manu Ginobili (05-07)
SF Larry Bird (84-86)
PF Horace Grant (93-95)
C Dwight Howard (09-11)
+
Bernard King (82-84) Vlade Divac (95-97) Derek Harper (88-90) Dan Majerle (91-93) Josh Smith (10-12)
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#5 » by Quotatious » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:39 am

Voted Team B in 5. I hate the way Team A is built - Westbrook/Iverson backcourt tandem is a recipe for disaster, they're extremely redundant, and they basically have zero inside scoring (assuming Rodman/Ben get a lot of minutes, and Sheed is used rather sparingly as a bench player - personally, I'd definitely start Sheed with Ben, but whatever). They would have horrible spacing (unless Sheed plays a lot of minutes, considering his stretch 4 qualities).

Both teams have a lot of knuckleheads, but Team B seems like the better fit. They may seem to be mediocre defensively, but at least their spacing would be better. I just trust MJ's leadership to keep the other guys in check, and you know - great offense beats great defense - Team B has a lot of players capable of exploding for a big gime, scoring-wise.

Honestly, I don't really see Artest slowing MJ down. He's too slow. Bigger, physical defenders rarely worked well, defending Mike. Someone smaller, with great quickness, smarts and tenacity, like Dumars or Payton, would work a lot better.
lukekarts
Head Coach
And1: 335

Post#6 » by lukekarts » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:39 am

Am I coach of the team?

If I was coaching team A, immediately I'd line them up:

Westbrook
Jackson
Artest
Rodman
Rasheed

Still a great defensive team but with much better spacing and some decent scoring in the front court now.

It'd have a field day with the weak defensive front court of Team B.

Team A in 6.
There is no consolation prize. Winning is everything.
Chi-laska
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#7 » by Chi-laska » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Team B would win because I think most of the players on that team would respect Jordan enough to let him lead. Team A has a lot of talent and probably better defense but as soon as that team is in a tough situation they would implode and there is no real clear leader on that team that could bring them back together. I would love to see someone coach team A lol. I can't even think of a offensive system that would work for team A.

Return to Player Comparisons