thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Re: All-Time Rank: Dwyane Wade vs Allen Iverson 

Post#41 » by thizznation » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:50 am

Basketballefan wrote:
fromthetop321 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Oh, so now you are talking about total career numbers? How does that make him better than Wade? Total career numbers just tell us what we already know. Wade doesn't have that good longevity but their per game averages, raw stats, and advanced stats all favor Wade except for raw PPG. Total career numbers don't mean that AI has better individual numbers, simple. AI has better longevity/durability, sure but that's about it.

AI averaged more points and assist. More steals. If it wasn't for Lebron Wade would probably they would probably around the same for fg% per game. AI has more All NBA first teams. Scoring leader 4 to 1 for AI. Steal leader 3 to 0 for AI. AI was the better 3pt shooter and better from the free hrow line. I can go on, so no, Wade dosn't have all the better raw stats and raw stats.

Even before Lbj arrived, Wade shot in the 47-50 fg% range, Ai's would be like 40-42 so idk what you are talking about.

Also, what does 3-pt shooting have to do with anything? I guess Ray Allen>Mj by your logic.

Basically what your argument is boiling down to Iverson scoring more points on far inferior efficency and the fact that he won an mvp. Iverson shot 41-42 % in his mvp season, that season doesn't hold a candle to 09 Wade. If you disagree then look it up.

lol at bringing up percentages when iverson played in a completely different era

imagine iversons points per game and percentages if he played his prime in the no hand check era? not being able to even laying a finger on iverson? good luck.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#42 » by SactoKingsFan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:37 am

Laimbeer wrote:Playoffs per 100 possessions
Iverson 37/7/5
Wade 32/7/7

RS per 100 possessions
Iverson 35/8/5
Wade 35/9/7

Wade was more efficient, a better defender, and has a title as the guy
Iverson has a MVP, had a greater influence on the game, and played with no great players like LeBron or Shaq

I'm not insisting Iverson was better, I'm asking how is this not close?

(Through 11 seasons)

It's not close because Wade has a huge efficiency edge, clearly peaked higher, was a vastly superior defender and better playoff performer. AI doesn't even have an edge as a playmaker.

Not sure why you mentioned AI having a greater influence on the game. Has nothing to do with who was the better player and had a better career.

Sent from my LG-G2 using RealGM Forums
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#43 » by bondom34 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:37 am

Laimbeer wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fromthetop321 wrote:More success in the regular season? Idk I'm thinking AI's MVP> anything Wade has done in the regular season. no? At least from a individual accolades standpoint. And I would like to see how Wade would have performed against the Shaq's Lakers instead of Dirk's Mavs.

To go by total MVP award shares, Wade leads AI. As for hypotheticals, we don't know, what we do know is Wade performed very well against Dirk and the Mavs, and AI has played under half the playoff games Wade has, so simply by sheer wins, Wade has vastly greater playoff success.

AI has about twice Wade's MVP shares.

My bad, looked at the wrong rank for Wade! :oops:
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#44 » by UN-Owen » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 am

Wade because he was more efficient on offense and he wasn't undersized for his position
KD35Brah
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,024

Post#45 » by KD35Brah » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:10 am

fromthetop321 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fromthetop321 wrote:Actually if you look at all time numbers, AI is way ahead of Wade, not to mention Wade is done and probably wont be close to compete with AI all time numbers wise. Its safe to say AI has the better individual numbers, simple.

But, as he said, this is basically his PPG. AI had about 2 more PPG on 4 extra shots. Assists are nearly identical, Wade has a slight edge in rebounds. So unless you're using only raw counting stats, his numbers aren't better. They're just higher. Wade was/is more efficient, had greater success in the RS and playoffs, and is a better defender.

More success in the regular season? Idk I'm thinking AI's MVP> anything Wade has done in the regular season. no? At least from a individual accolades standpoint. And I would like to see how Wade would have performed against the Shaq's Lakers instead of Dirk's Mavs.

Stole a MVP from Duncan/Shaq.

Horrible MVP selection.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#46 » by bondom34 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 am

Laimbeer wrote:Playoffs per 100 possessions
Iverson 37/7/5
Wade 32/7/7

RS per 100 possessions
Iverson 35/8/5
Wade 35/9/7

Wade was more efficient, a better defender, and has a title as the guy
Iverson has a MVP, had a greater influence on the game, and played with no great players like LeBron or Shaq

I'm not insisting Iverson was better, I'm asking how is this not close?

(Through 11 seasons)

What SactoKingsFan said. Its not completely night and day, but there's a decent gap there, easily big enough to call.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#47 » by Warspite » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:09 am

Neither one can dribble a basketball without traveling 99% of the time.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
cyclix
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,636

Post#48 » by cyclix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:09 am

Wade is also a much better defender than Iverson. No one seems to take that one into consideration. The game isn't only played on one side of the court.
Basketballefan
Banned User
And1: 583

Post#49 » by Basketballefan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:27 am

fromthetop321 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
fromthetop321 wrote:Actually if you look at all time numbers, AI is way ahead of Wade, not to mention Wade is done and probably wont be close to compete with AI all time numbers wise. Its safe to say AI has the better individual numbers, simple.

But, as he said, this is basically his PPG. AI had about 2 more PPG on 4 extra shots. Assists are nearly identical, Wade has a slight edge in rebounds. So unless you're using only raw counting stats, his numbers aren't better. They're just higher. Wade was/is more efficient, had greater success in the RS and playoffs, and is a better defender.

More success in the regular season? Idk I'm thinking AI's MVP> anything Wade has done in the regular season. no? At least from a individual accolades standpoint. And I would like to see how Wade would have performed against the Shaq's Lakers instead of Dirk's Mavs.

09 Wade blows any version of Ai out of the water especially 01 where he shot 42%.
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by cyclix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:45 am

Nash has more season MVPs than Shaq, KG and Duncan
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by cyclix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:57 pm

This is ridiculous. This thread shouldn't have reached the the 2nd page
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#52 » by Brenice » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 pm

Wade had on his team, Shaq, Zo, Eddie Jones, Pat Riley, LeBron, Bosh, no-handchecking rules, and referees. No wonder his efficiency was better.

Iverson had some defenders, none of who took any offensive pressure off of Iverson or drew attention away from Iverson. It is hard to be "efficient" when opponents can defend you with physicality and your teammates are self-check. People trumpeting "efficiency" don't take into consideration that the playing field ain't even.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer
And1: 873

Post#53 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Laimbeer wrote:realgm has a Wade fetish, but it's probably pretty close in realworld.

I actually agree with you, I do believe they're much closer than what people think.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:Jeremy Lin is a great basketball player, look at the cultural impact he has had!

Come on now, I know you're trying to make a point but Lin and AI don't belong in the same conversation.
Louie_Ruckuz
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by Louie_Ruckuz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:42 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:Jeremy Lin is a great basketball player, look at the cultural impact he has had!

Come on now, I know you're trying to make a point but Lin and AI don't belong in the same conversation.
cyclix
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by cyclix » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:46 pm

It would be interesting to see the poll results for this comparison. There was a similar comparisonbetween AI and Nash, with Nash destroying AI in votes. This thread sounds like the comparison is mote even this time. If that is truly the case then people must believe Nash > Wade?
Basketballefan
Banned User
And1: 583

Post#57 » by Basketballefan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:05 pm

cyclix wrote:It would be interesting to see the poll results for this comparison. There was a similar comparisonbetween AI and Nash, with Nash destroying AI in votes. This thread sounds like the comparison is mote even this time. If that is truly the case then people must believe Nash > Wade?

There are a few arguing ai because they are ignorant to how good wade was in his prime. Wade has the better peak and 3 rings to go with it so i dont see ai's argument.
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#58 » by Brenice » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Basketballefan wrote:
cyclix wrote:It would be interesting to see the poll results for this comparison. There was a similar comparisonbetween AI and Nash, with Nash destroying AI in votes. This thread sounds like the comparison is mote even this time. If that is truly the case then people must believe Nash > Wade?

There are a few arguing ai because they are ignorant to how good wade was in his prime. Wade has the better peak and 3 rings to go with it so i dont see ai's argument.

I don't think anyone is ignorant to how good Wade was. But circumstances and teammates have an impact as well. Ironic the success Wade had when his teammates were not named Shaq or LeBron, compared to AI.
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#59 » by thizznation » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm pretty sure you can find quite a few people willing to spit a Nash > Wade narrative.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#60 » by PaulieWal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Brenice wrote:
Basketballefan wrote:

I don't think anyone is ignorant to how good Wade was. But circumstances and teammates have an impact as well. Ironic the success Wade had when his teammates were not named Shaq or LeBron, compared to AI.

Even if you take out the team success, Wade's peak was better than Iverson. In 09/10 he was in the playoffs without any help. Of course to win titles and win multiple rings you need good teammates like Wade has had but even then his individual level of play has been decently better than AI especially when you account for both ends of the floor. Don't see an argument at all.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.

Return to Player Comparisons