Add '98 Jordan & '13 LeBron James to the current 76ers

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Add '98 Jordan & '13 LeBron James to the current 76ers 

Post#1 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:50 am

Add two veteran all time winners in MJ and LeBron to this putrid 76ers that's currently 1-17. What would their record be now with these two HOFers added and can they carry this team to the Finals in a weak east?
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: Add '98 Jordan & '13 LeBron James to the current 76ers 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Fri Dec 5, 2014 4:54 pm

They blitzkrieg through the eastern conference. Lebron has a way of making scrubs look pretty damn good. I think a team with a really good center would give Noel and Sims some big time trouble but ultimately, only a fully healthy Bulls team have a realistic chance of playing on par with this team. Lebron + MJ single-handedly makes any team in NBA history an immediate contender in this conference
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#3 » by E-Balla » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:30 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:They blitzkrieg through the eastern conference. Lebron has a way of making scrubs look pretty damn good. I think a team with a really good center would give Noel and Sims some big time trouble but ultimately, only a fully healthy Bulls team have a realistic chance of playing on par with this team. Lebron + MJ single-handedly makes any team in NBA history an immediate contender in this conference

Are you serious? 70% of the Sixers aren't even NBA players. Lebron joining the team doesn't magically make Noel able to finish through contact or make MCW shoot 35% from deep.

You'd still have a below average team with those 2 added especially with Jordan knocking out players left and right for being ass.

If we say Jordan is +6.5 and Lebron is +6 after adjusting for minutes played that gives the Sixers a 0 SRS. Congrats you have a 41 win team.

EDIT: wait this is 2013 Lebron and 98 Jordan? Even worse. They don't win 40 games with those 2 added and they might not make the playoffs (I doubt it).
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:42 pm

E-Balla wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:They blitzkrieg through the eastern conference. Lebron has a way of making scrubs look pretty damn good. I think a team with a really good center would give Noel and Sims some big time trouble but ultimately, only a fully healthy Bulls team have a realistic chance of playing on par with this team. Lebron + MJ single-handedly makes any team in NBA history an immediate contender in this conference

Are you serious? 70% of the Sixers aren't even NBA players. Lebron joining the team doesn't magically make Noel able to finish through contact or make MCW shoot 35% from deep.

You'd still have a below average team with those 2 added especially with Jordan knocking out players left and right for being ass.

If we say Jordan is +6.5 and Lebron is +6 after adjusting for minutes played that gives the Sixers a 0 SRS. Congrats you have a 41 win team.

Lebron alone took a team whose best players were Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and a past-prime Ilgauskas to the Finals in a better Eastern Conference by himself. 2013 Lebron >>>> 2007 Lebron. Take Lebron off that team, and it struggles to reach 15 games. They are probably marginally better than the current Sixers except none of those players was a young talent expected to grow into a big time player.

With Jordan and Lebron, we're talking about the GOAT, and a top 5-6 player of all-time having maybe a top 5 season of all-time. The supporting cast is still severely flawed and of course the lack of spacing makes things tough, but I wouldn't ever bet against that combo.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#5 » by E-Balla » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:49 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:
E-Balla wrote:

Lebron alone took a team whose best players were Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and a past-prime Ilgauskas to the Finals in a better Eastern Conference by himself. 2013 Lebron >>>> 2007 Lebron. Take Lebron off that team, and it struggles to reach 15 games. They are probably marginally better than the current Sixers except none of those players was a young talent expected to grow into a big time player.

With Jordan and Lebron, we're talking about the GOAT, and a top 5-6 player of all-time having maybe a top 5 season of all-time. The supporting cast is still severely flawed and of course the lack of spacing makes things tough, but I wouldn't ever bet against that combo.

The 2007 EC was even worse than the 2015 EC. Outside of Pavlovic all the big minute players on that team could've cracked other rotations and made other rosters. Outside of MCW (possibly), and Noel (possibly) who on the Sixers is cracking a rotation? Wroten can't do anything outside of drive to the rim and he's not even a great finisher because he just throws up a shot.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#6 » by tonyreyes123 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm thinking 47-50 wins and a ECF appearance at least. MJ/LeBron would push each other and their teammates to new levels imo
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#7 » by thizznation » Tue Dec 9, 2014 11:09 pm

at least 60 wins in the east
timglick01
Banned User
And1: 93

Post#8 » by timglick01 » Tue Dec 9, 2014 11:38 pm

The 14-15 76ers are a very strong / threatening team. They have taken several of the top contenders to the limit. Add peak LeBron and prime MJ to the mix and you have the potential to be the BTOAT (Best Team of All Time).
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#9 » by snoopdogg88 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:32 am

is this a serious thread?
they win 60 and steamroll the rest of the NBA to the championship

heck they probably bring Embiid back in February just to clinch it.

MCW
Jordan
LeBron
Noel
Embiid
Ecmic
Pro Prospect
And1: 804

Post#10 » by Ecmic » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:23 am

E-Balla wrote:

EDIT: wait this is 2013 Lebron and 98 Jordan? Even worse. They don't win 40 games with those 2 added and they might not make the playoffs (I doubt it).

I gotta believe '98 Jordan is more than +6.5 value over Hollis Thompson, and '13 James is more than +6 over Moute. Moreover, I think Jordan/James combined create a higher value than the sum of their parts. So even if you believe Jordan is +6.5 and James is +6, as a tandom they'd be well above +12.5.
rcontador
Junior
And1: 165

Post#11 » by rcontador » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:30 am

Ecmic wrote:I gotta believe '98 Jordan is more than +6.5 value over Hollis Thompson, and '13 James is more than +6 over Moute.

This is totally true.

Moreover, I think Jordan/James combined create a higher value than the sum of their parts. So even if you believe Jordan is +6.5 and James is +6, as a tandom they'd be well above +12.5.

This is exactly wrong.
Ecmic
Pro Prospect
And1: 804

Post#12 » by Ecmic » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:55 am

rcontador wrote:
Ecmic wrote:I gotta believe '98 Jordan is more than +6.5 value over Hollis Thompson, and '13 James is more than +6 over Moute.

This is totally true.

Moreover, I think Jordan/James combined create a higher value than the sum of their parts. So even if you believe Jordan is +6.5 and James is +6, as a tandom they'd be well above +12.5.

This is exactly wrong.

On a team as short on talent as the 76ers, I don't believe that Lebron or Jordan would have to sacrifice usage, at least compared to their '98 and '13 seasons. They'd both be able to pretty easily be over 30%, due to the state of the rest of the supporting cast.
I do believe that having them both on the court would positively effect their efficiencies, though, as compared to having them individually out on on island surrounded by only the Sixers current talent.
Same usage but higher efficiency would in my opinion lead to a higher collective VORP as compared to their individual VORPs.
Basically, I think a pairing of Jordan and Lebron would feed off each other to a greater degree than they would off any of the rest of a cast the Sixers could surround them with individually.

Return to Player Comparisons