Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: The Kyrie Irving Thread 

Post#21 » by bondom34 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 6:53 pm

E-Balla wrote:
bondom34 wrote:He had a good game, but honestly we're getting to a point that there's too many of these threads. He's an above average PG, but really we've got too many of these going IMO.

A good game? He's having a great year and he's been the best player so far on a team with Lebron James on it. I think he deserves a thread and he'll probably need a player thread soon.

And to anyone thinking its a fluke its the quarter season mark and he only has one game with a TS below the league average. His consistency is amazing and he's playing in a way that leads to strong team offenses.

Yeah, he's been better than he was in past years. This thread pops up after a particularly good game on national TV. You can start a Mike Miller thread, Love thread, Irving thread, Thompson thread, etc. They all play w Lebron. The Bosh thread died, the Wade thread barely sees traffic, and on. We get these because of guys playing with Lebron, no other reason honestly, and it just looks cluttered when there are threads for guys who aren't only not top players, aren't even top 5 at their given position.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#22 » by PaulieWal » Fri Dec 5, 2014 6:59 pm

bondom34 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
bondom34 wrote:He had a good game, but honestly we're getting to a point that there's too many of these threads. He's an above average PG, but really we've got too many of these going IMO.

A good game? He's having a great year and he's been the best player so far on a team with Lebron James on it. I think he deserves a thread and he'll probably need a player thread soon.

And to anyone thinking its a fluke its the quarter season mark and he only has one game with a TS below the league average. His consistency is amazing and he's playing in a way that leads to strong team offenses.

Yeah, he's been better than he was in past years. This thread pops up after a particularly good game on national TV. You can start a Mike Miller thread, Love thread, Irving thread, Thompson thread, etc. They all play w Lebron. The Bosh thread died, the Wade thread barely sees traffic, and on. We get these because of guys playing with Lebron, no other reason honestly, and it just looks cluttered when there are threads for guys who aren't only not top players, aren't even top 5 at their given position.

I believe there's also a Rose thread, Butler thread, Gasol thread, and Giannis A thread, Melo thread, and I am sure I am missing a couple. The only player threads which see regular traffic are LeBron, KD, GOATBrook, CP, and Harden. All of these players are either superstars and/or highly polarizing. Rest just die slow painful deaths. Even this thread is active for now because I was discussing LeBron vs. Irving offensive roles with GC Pantalones :lol: which could have been done in the LeBron thread as well.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#23 » by Quotatious » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:14 pm

PaulieWal wrote:The only player threads which see regular traffic are LeBron, KD, GOATBrook, CP, and Harden.

As far as Kyrie, he's been pretty impressive so far. Clearly outperforming LeBron and Love (at least relative to their respective capabilities).
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#24 » by JordansBulls » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:19 pm

Quotatious wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:The only player threads which see regular traffic are LeBron, KD, GOATBrook, CP, and Harden.

As far as Kyrie, he's been pretty impressive so far. Clearly outperforming LeBron and Love (at least relative to their respective capabilities).

Leading the team in win shares as well at 3.1 while the next guy is at 2.3.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
bmann626
Senior
And1: 456

Post#25 » by bmann626 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:21 pm

Kyire is balling and if he has turned into a shooting guard then it is hard to say there is a without a doubt a better SG in the league right now other than Harden. If he is a point guard still then he has been playing like a top 3 or 4 PG. He is learning when to assert himself. When the Cavs are in need of scoring when everybody is off, he goes into Kyrie And-1 streetball highlight mode and rips off points. When the Cavs are in control dominating, he plays passive get everybody involved guy and stacks rebounds and assists. I have a feeling by the end of the season Kyire is going to be fully transformed into that all-around beast that people were asking him to be 2 years ago.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#26 » by PaulieWal » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:21 pm

Quotatious wrote:

I never get notifications whenever you quote me. Are you on your phone/tablet?

Yeah, AD thread gets some traffic too. Others please don't quote me because I missed a player thread which gets traffic lol. I am sure I missed a couple but I also missed a lot of player threads which exist and receive no traffic. You guys know I am right.

And yes, Kyrie has been great so far. Agree with your point about him outperforming LeBron/Love. Do you agree or disagree that the Cavs aren't winning anything if LeBron doesn't start playing like himself again?
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#27 » by Quotatious » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:44 pm

PaulieWal wrote: never get notifications whenever you quote me. Are you on your phone/tablet?

No, currently I'm on my PC, but I also don't always get notifications when other posters quote me, either, so it doesn't seem like you're the only one who has that problem.
PaulieWal wrote:And yes, Kyrie has been great so far. Agree with your point about him outperforming LeBron/Love. Do you agree or disagree that the Cavs aren't winning anything if LeBron doesn't start playing like himself again?

In the RS, I think it's more about figuring it out as a team, finding the right balance between the three stars, and role players doing their job as they're supposed to. Also, I hope that Waiters finally finds a way to be at least a half-decent contributor, because he's been God awful so far this season, and I think he clearly has the talent to be a decent instant offense off the bench type of guy, kinda like JR Smith (ironically, Smith's been horrible so far this year, as well).

Looking at the 2010-11 Heat, they were just 9-8 after the first 17 games, then 16-1 in the next 17. 2014-15 Cavs are 10-7 so far. Sign of things to come? :)

Also, LeBron averaged just 23.4 ppg/5.6 rpg/7.9 apg/4.1 tpg with 18.2 GameScore, 107 ORtg, 103 DRtg, 54.8% TS in 37.7 minutes for the first 17 games in 2010.

In 2014, he averages 24.6 ppg/5.7 rpg/7.6 apg/3.9 tpg with 19.1 GameScore, 111 ORtg, 108 DRtg, 56.8% TS in 37.8 minutes for the first 17 games.

Looks awfully similar, doesn't it? Even the relatively poor scoring and rebounding, but 7.5+ assists.

I think LeBron (and certainly Love, too) will have to step it up in the postseason (or, actually I expect them to be very close to their full capabilities around mid February). Making the playoffs obviously won't be a problem even if they continue to play like they have been so far.
KyletheDingbat
Veteran
And1: 1,656

Post#28 » by KyletheDingbat » Fri Dec 5, 2014 8:58 pm

Rie has the sickest game for a PG I've ever seen. Not the best, but the flashiest and coolest.
Shot Clock
RealGM
And1: 17,443

Post#29 » by Shot Clock » Fri Dec 5, 2014 9:49 pm

I'd trade him while his value is high. Yep I said it.
anyone involved in that meddling to justice”. NO COLLUSION

- DJT
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#30 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Dec 5, 2014 10:19 pm

Shot Clock wrote:I'd trade him while his value is high. Yep I said it.

To get what?
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#31 » by ceiling raiser » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:15 am

Yikes. Hope he's okay.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
Mutnt
Veteran
And1: 726

Post#32 » by Mutnt » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:18 am

Hard to judge how serious it is, but based on his reaction I'm guessing he sits a couple of weeks. Looked like a meniscus problem, hopefully no tear or something like that...
fast-break
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,858

Post#33 » by fast-break » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:21 am

Kyrie has been playing some good basketball lately. Hope he's not out for too long.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#34 » by Laimbeer » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:21 am

Quotatious wrote:
PaulieWal wrote: never get notifications whenever you quote me. Are you on your phone/tablet?

No, currently I'm on my PC, but I also don't always get notifications when other posters quote me, either, so it doesn't seem like you're the only one who has that problem.

OT, but I often experience a time lag, but then get my notifications. Tonight it seems right on time.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#35 » by MisterHibachi » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:32 am

Knee contusion. Will return for second half.

Should've held him out for caution, but what do I know, I'm not a doctor.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
fourtyounce48
Junior
And1: 246

Post#36 » by fourtyounce48 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:57 pm

E-Balla wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:But LeBron makes his teammates worse!

If he took over the ball he probably would. Kyrie is looking so good because he isn't being asked to be a point guard. He's just scoring.

Lebron's also being very passive so Kyrie is given his 15 touches a night to do work.

Lebron is benefitting from Kyrie a ton though. He opens up the floor with his ability to basically do everything you can teach yourself at an elite level.

Lebron with Kyrie: 23/5/7, 59 TS

Lebron w/o Kyrie: 123 minutes, 25/6/8, 49 TS, -5.2 point differential

Kyrie with Lebron: 18/3/4, 61 TS

Kyrie w/o Lebron: 127 minutes, 33/4/5, 63 TS, +1.1 point differential

Yep he makes Kyrie sooo much better...

interesting point.
Night hides the world, but reveals a universe.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#37 » by JordansBulls » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:36 am

55 tonight. 37 the other night. The man is trying to make sure he can get the reigns back.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#38 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:15 am

Irving was great tonight
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,831

Post#39 » by Colbinii » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:18 am

JordansBulls wrote:55 tonight. 37 the other night. The man is trying to make sure he can get the reigns back.

If Irving gets the reigns this team isn't making it out of the 1st round.

When Kyrie can focus on scoring and allow LeBron to run the offense and be the primary ball handler, this team, and especially Kyrie Irving, are going to make noise this Post-Season.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#40 » by RSCD3_ » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/202681/s ... stNGames=8

Last 8 games

28.4 points on .539/.554/.889 splits

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life

Return to Player Comparisons