You guys are all prisoners of the moment...

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Arrow
Sophomore
And1: 226

Re: You guys are all prisoners of the moment... 

Post#21 » by Arrow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Kyrie's game is definitely the most impressive performance so far in the regular season for me. Klay's 37 point quarter will be more memorable because it was record-breaking performance, but Kyrie's game was against the defending champs (#8 rank def), while Klay's was vs. the Kings (#27 rank def). If you're just talking about regular season, then Kyrie definitely have a case as best game by a Cav. I would put several LeBron games above his, but it wouldn't be that outlandish to rank Kyrie as #1.

Dupp wrote:People always talk about that Pistons game as his best game ever and as a cav, it's not. He played better against the magic.

Neither even compare to his game 6 vs Boston as a heat but that's another discussion.

It's not just about his box score stats, it's how he got it and what was at stake. He scored 25 straight points, 29 of the team's final 30 points. He brought the Cavs within a win of their first NBA Finals. Sure, statistically LeBron has had better games than 48/9/7 on 61 TS%. Without even looking it up, I'm sure you can find a few on his '09 run alone. IMO, it wasn't his best game ever, but it's definitely in the top 3. Only his '12 ECF game 6 and '13 NBA Finals game 7 are better given the circumstances. When he retires, those 3 games will be remembered as his best playoff performances.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,320

Post#22 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Jaivl wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:He was hitting unbelievably difficult shots, and luck had nothing to do with it. He just happens to be that skilled offensively.

:roll:

Why isn't he averaging 30 on 60 TS% then? Ah, I know, because it was a fluke night, like every +50 point game.

...you're making it seem as if he's scoring less than 20 PPG on weak efficiency or something. He's putting up 22 PPG on 58% TS this season. Guess how many other players in the league are doing that? 4 -- harden, curry, AD and lebron. Are you saying that context doesn't matter?

Not looking to get into the hot hand debate or something. Kyrie specifically going off for high volume scoring nights on high efficiency isn't a fluke, though. He's more likely to do it than most players in the league because he's gifted offensively.
Jetzger
Senior
And1: 342

Post#23 » by Jetzger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:28 pm

Isn't OP the guy who put Lebron as the best player of 2007 solely because of that Pistons game? And you're calling OTHER people prisoners of the moment? :lol:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#24 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:31 pm

Arrow wrote:
Dupp wrote:People always talk about that Pistons game as his best game ever and as a cav, it's not. He played better against the magic.

Neither even compare to his game 6 vs Boston as a heat but that's another discussion.

It's not just about his box score stats, it's how he got it and what was at stake. He scored 25 straight points, 29 of the team's final 30 points. He brought the Cavs within a win of their first NBA Finals. Sure, statistically LeBron has had better games than 48/9/7 on 61 TS%. Without even looking it up, I'm sure you can find a few on his '09 run alone. IMO, it wasn't his best game ever, but it's definitely in the top 3. Only his '12 ECF game 6 and '13 NBA Finals game 7 are better given the circumstances. When he retires, those 3 games will be remembered as his best playoff performances.

And thats exactly why the magic game was better. He played just as well, better even. Scored or assisted on their last 30 odd point or something crazy like that and there was much more at stake.
It was an elimination game with all the pressure in the world on him. Lebron and our team were expected to win and have a shot at a title. There were no such expectations in the pistons game. If we lost, thats what was suppose to happen. But we also didnt have a team that could compete in the nba finals like 09 so there was really no where near as much pressure.
Still an all time great high stakes game but not the same as game 5 vs magic.

His game 6 vs boston was the most pressure any athlete has ever been under ever imo. Thats the greatest game ive ever seen and he'll never top that no wonder what he does going forward.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#25 » by E-Balla » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 am

Jaivl wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:He was hitting unbelievably difficult shots, and luck had nothing to do with it. He just happens to be that skilled offensively.

Why isn't he averaging 30 on 60 TS% then? Ah, I know, because it was a fluke night, like every +50 point game.

So wait. Every 50 point game is a fluke? Really?
Jaivl
Head Coach
And1: 6,484

Post#26 » by Jaivl » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:48 am

E-Balla wrote:
Jaivl wrote:

So wait. Every 50 point game is a fluke? Really?
This place is a cesspool of mindless ineptitude, mental decrepitude, and intellectual lassitude. I refuse to be sucked any deeper into this whirlpool of groupthink sewage. My opinions have been expressed. I'm going to go take a shower.
chrispak98
Sophomore
And1: 128

Post#27 » by chrispak98 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Felt the need to bump this after seeing all the LeBron hate threads on this forum
chrispak98
Sophomore

Post#28 » by chrispak98 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Had to bump this after seeing all of the posts on the general board saying Kyrie was better than LeBron :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead: :noway: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,320

Post#29 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:04 pm

chrispak98 wrote:Had to bump this after seeing all of the posts on the general board saying Kyrie was better than LeBron :crazy: :crazy: :banghead: :banghead: :noway: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

But... this isn't the general board. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Also, might want to take a look at this poll that was just put up:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1382682#start_here

People don't hate lebron here.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#30 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:34 pm

I feel like some pro LeBron guys not most of the guys on the PC forum but the general board are trying to demean Kyrie to make what LeBron doing more impressive.

Or some people just take bait from other posters and start talking smack about Kyrie...
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#31 » by PaulieWal » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:52 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:I feel like some pro LeBron guys not most of the guys on the PC forum but the general board are trying to demean Kyrie to make what LeBron doing more impressive.

Or some people just take bait from other posters and start talking smack about Kyrie...

People love to overreact to stuff. Kyrie is doing good as a 2nd option but he's not even close to LeBron as a player as some seem to think and has benefited tremendously from playing with LeBron and not being relied on as the team's primary play-maker. It's not that different from you saying Leonard was going to be better than LeBron and healthy KD next year :lol:.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#32 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:31 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:I feel like some pro LeBron guys not most of the guys on the PC forum but the general board are trying to demean Kyrie to make what LeBron doing more impressive.

People love to overreact to stuff. Kyrie is doing good as a 2nd option but he's not even close to LeBron as a player as some seem to think and has benefited tremendously from playing with LeBron and not being relied on as the team's primary play-maker. It's not that different from you saying Leonard was going to be better than LeBron and healthy KD next year :lol:.

1. That was in jest.
2. Kawhi Leonard is an anime hero, his progression rates dont make sense :lol:
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
chrispak98
Sophomore

Post#33 » by chrispak98 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:05 pm

I am going to continue to bump this until the Mods over at the General Board ban that one poster who thinks that Kyrie is better than LeBron :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (Not mentioning names)
magicmerl
Analyst
And1: 830

Post#34 » by magicmerl » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:37 pm

chrispak98 wrote:I am going to continue to bump this until the Mods over at the General Board ban that one poster who thinks that Kyrie is better than LeBron :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (Not mentioning names)

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see how it pays off for him.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#35 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:47 am

As great as Kyrie's performance was, as great as LeBron's triple double against the Knicks was, I can't credit those performances before playoff performances.

Yes LeBron vs Pistons was the best performance I've seen from anyone on a Cavs uniform. I'd also rank LeBron game 7 vs Boston in 08 very high, LeBron games 1 and 5 against Orlando, LeBron against the Hawks in 09 had a tremendous game too, game 3 vs Boston in 2010, and maybe some others from him... Maybe some other guys from Cleveland also had monster games in the playoffs, but I can't remember any greater than the ones I talked about.

If Kyrie does something like this in the playoffs, then yes he has a case.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#36 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:50 am

chrispak98 wrote:I am going to continue to bump this until the Mods over at the General Board ban that one poster who thinks that Kyrie is better than LeBron :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: (Not mentioning names)

It's his opinion, just relax.

Some people don't like LeBron and will not give him any credit for anything. Same thing happens for other guys like Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson.

But in the end it's just an opinion, don't need to get frustrated by it. Just ignore.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
chrispak98
Sophomore

Post#37 » by chrispak98 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:

It's his opinion, just relax.

Some people don't like LeBron and will not give him any credit for anything. Same thing happens for other guys like Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson.

But in the end it's just an opinion, don't need to get frustrated by it. Just ignore.

I can't relax. That guy on the general board actually thinks Kyrie is better than LeBron and nobody has bothered to say anything to him :banghead:

Return to Player Comparisons