Best NBA Player Not Named Lebron (Right Now)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Best player "Not" named Lebron

Kevin Durant
66%
Stephen Curry
9%
Anthony Davis
17%
James Harden
9%
Russell Westbrook
No votes
CP3
No votes

Total votes: 35

thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Re: Best NBA Player Not Named Lebron (Right Now) 

Post#21 » by thizznation » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 pm

LivingLegend wrote:Harden and Curry I have a little bit lower than others might because I dont think they are as complete of basketball players as the 4 people above them. They are pure scorers who can occasionally contribute in other areas. They dominate one aspect of the game and dont really have any other ability to dominate other aspects for extended periods of time, not just one or two games here ansd there. I know people with have a gripe with these guys below Davis and Westbrook but give me the guy who can score 24pts, 9rbs and 10assists while playing above average defense on any given night over the guy who will drop 32pts 4rbs and 5ast while playing marginally suspect defense.

Harden and Curry are not pure scorers. They create the majority of the offense for their teams.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#22 » by Quotatious » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Little Digger wrote:I find it amazing that 16 to 5 Durnant > AD..Are you guys for real? Davis is a beast on both ends..He's the greatest player since LJ..

Davis is not really a "beast" on defense, not yet. Sure, he gets a ton of blocks and steals, but he's not a true defensive anchor. He'll get there, no doubt, but he's not as good defensively as people think. Good, but nothing more than that. His offense is better than his defense at this point in his career.
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#23 » by LivingLegend » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:45 pm

thizznation wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Harden and Curry I have a little bit lower than others might because I dont think they are as complete of basketball players as the 4 people above them. They are pure scorers who can occasionally contribute in other areas. They dominate one aspect of the game and dont really have any other ability to dominate other aspects for extended periods of time, not just one or two games here ansd there. I know people with have a gripe with these guys below Davis and Westbrook but give me the guy who can score 24pts, 9rbs and 10assists while playing above average defense on any given night over the guy who will drop 32pts 4rbs and 5ast while playing marginally suspect defense.

Harden and Curry are not pure scorers. They create the majority of the offense for their teams.

They create the majority of the offense for their team because of their scoring ability.

Return to Player Comparisons