The Stephen Curry Thread (2015-16 Pt. 1)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: The Stephen Curry Thread (2015-16 Pt. 1) 

Post#1901 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:43 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Amazing went to the game and Klay didn't even hit a 3.

I wonder when the last time was that neither curry nor klay hit a 3.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#1902 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:48 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:

03/13/15
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1903 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:22 pm

The-Power wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:

03/13/15

Well technically today would count as well since curry didn't hit a three either
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#1904 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:27 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/723618973552619520[/tweet]
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1905 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:28 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Small sample size pf course but in the playoffs

Draymond on Green Off

101.5 ORTG 51.2 Team TS%
100.6 DRTG 50.6 Opponent TS%

Still defending well but the offense looks lacking. If this trend continues in the playoffs, it kills the argument ive seen that green is more impactful on offense than curry, with the defenses and rotations tightening, I kind of expected some offensive dropoff ( I doubt it remains this bad ) but it always seem odd the way +/- stats favored green so much offensively. Interested in how this holds up though, I know it was getting discussion in the rapm thread but I wanted to address it here

Green seems much more important than draymond

Nah but in all seriousness they did miss a few open shots, though I think that people are going overboard on draymond (I don't want to sound ignorant/stubborn, but like, I just feel like something about rapm I don't like, and I might be wrong on this, is that while it adjusts for players, and players in lineups, it doesent adjust for the chemistry of those players in the lineups. 4 guys who are meh can be better than 4 guys who are good, know what I mean?)

But it seems like games with curry out where the Warriors offense is good are in not really normal circumstances, so seeing them struggle on offense without curry in full games in the playoffs isn't really too surprising imo.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#1906 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/723618973552619520[/tweet]

Didn't he say he wasn't sure?

The-Power
General Manager

Post#1907 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:32 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
The-Power wrote:03/13/15

Well technically today would count as well since curry didn't hit a three either

Yeah, I assumed this is the reason why this topic has been brought up. Hence I looked at the last game both missed. :)
The-Power
General Manager

Post#1908 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:48 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/723618973552619520[/tweet]

IIRC he said a day before Game 3 that he expects to play but that he thought he was going to play Game 2 as well, and it didn't work out. He also said that he wouldn't have been able to play the day before Game 3. Apparently he made it through shootaround without any complications, though, and maybe that's what made him confident to play. In the end, as it has been reported, Curry wanted to play but Kerr said no.

It doesn't explain the 'Curry didn't bring a suit to Houston'-story, though. Maybe this story is made up. Maybe he was definitely good to go but Kerr still refused to play him. Or maybe Curry, who told the media he was going to approach Game 3 like he would certainly play, took his words literally. I don't know, the entire story strikes me as odd but as long as he can play Game 4 without any signs of an injury I really don't care either way.

If he doesn't play in Game 4, however, it's time to be concerned again after the reports of him being able to play in Game 3, the statement in the quote above and the fact that Houston won the last game. In case he sits out next game as well there's definitely something wrong with him.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#1909 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:55 pm

The-Power wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

IIRC he said a day before Game 3 that he expects to play but that he thought he was going to play Game 2 as well, and it didn't work out. He also said that he wouldn't have been able to play the day before Game 3. Apparently he made it through shootaround without any complications, though, and maybe that's what made him confident to play. In the end, as it has been reported, Curry wanted to play but Kerr said no.

It doesn't explain the 'Curry didn't bring a suit to Houston'-story, though. Maybe this story is made up. Maybe he was definitely good to go but Kerr still refused to play him. Or maybe Curry, who told the media he was going to approach Game 3 like he would certainly play, took his words literally. I don't know, the entire story strikes me as odd but as long as he can play Game 4 without any signs of an injury I really don't care either way.

If he doesn't play in Game 4, however, it's time to be concerned again after the reports of him being able to play in Game 3, the statement in the quote above and the fact that Houston won the last game. In case he sits out next game as well there's definitely something wrong with him.

I didn't take it as confirmation that he'll play in game 4, just that he has the mindset now that he's going to play. This whole thing has been uncomfortable just because "I hope he stays healthy" has always been in the back of my mind, especially as he started to ascend to this MVP level.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#1910 » by The-Power » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:I didn't take it as confirmation that he'll play in game 4, just that he has the mindset now that he's going to play. This whole thing has been uncomfortable just because "I hope he stays healthy" has always been in the back of my mind, especially as he started to ascend to this MVP level.

Well, after everything we know by now it would be extremely concerning if he doesn't play in Game 4.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/723598775265062917[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ROSGO21/status/723593752007303168[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ROSGO21/status/723597638839443456[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ROSGO21/status/723599076156182530[/tweet]

Bottom line is: Curry seems to be free of pain and keen on playing on Sunday. If he doesn't play it's either because of a serious setback or because the staff still refuses to play him, which would mean that there's something they are seriously concerned about since they already lost last game. I doubt they can afford nor can they explain to sit him when everything goes as planned the next couple of days - they won't leave him completely out of the game just because he's a little rusty if everything else is fine.
rich316
Sixth Man
And1: 1,243

Post#1911 » by rich316 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:17 am

JordansBulls wrote:
rich316 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:I hope he plays tomorrow going to the game, but if not of well.

I'm sorry you had to waste your money on that basketball atrocity, JB.

Upset that I didn't get to see Curry play but what more can you ask for for a playoff game that comes down to a game winner. Would have been similar going to a 1998 Bulls vs Nets game 1.

That's fair, the ending was...dramatic. I was just watching from a neutral perspective and simply wanted to see a well-played game, and it was certainly not that.
The-Power
General Manager

Post#1912 » by The-Power » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:10 am

For those who are interested, I'll post some quotes from a Podcast with Tim Kawakami and Marcus Thompson, who both cover the Warriors as a part of the Bay Areas News Group, from yesterday (22th April). It informs us about the procedure before and after the game, or at least about what the media knows, and thereby gives interesting insight about more than just Curry's injury status.

Re: when and why was the decision to play or not play Curry made

"The plan previously was: they were gonna make a decision after shootaround, or maybe even before shootaround, but they wanted to see how he was doing. But if he didn't look well enough in shootaround, they were gonna make the decision then. So apparently he looked good in shootaround. He looked fine, so the next step would be passing the pre-game. But before he even got to that, once Steve [Kerr] got here, he just came out [...] and said he was holding him out. It would be irresponsible to play him partly because Steph hasn't played in like 4 days. They didn't just wanna throw him out there and that clearly was dissapointing to Steph. And today, he's saying he's feeling even better than he did before."

Re: Curry's mindset and if he's absolutely starving to play on Sunday

"I definitely think he was upset, [...] he expected to play. Like I think one of the reasons he was okay with Game 2 sitting out, [...] because in his mind it was one game. [...] He didn't even bring his suit [to Game 3] which is why he wasn't on the bench because he was so certain he was gonna play. [...] He was definitely bothered after the game. After the game he was the most stressed looking [player] in the locker room and today I was told he was playing in practice like was trying to prove somebody he's ready to play. [...] It's not up to him, it's not in his power and the Warriors are in this position where they're like 'okay, we're going to listen to you but we're not listening to you'.

"[I think] they don't trust what he [Steph] is saying because his view of the situation is driven by competitiveness and the desire to play. Even after Game 1 when he got hurt he thought he was fine. [...] In Game 2 he thought he able to play, in Game 3 he really thought he was able to play. From the sounds of him today, he's like: 'Someday, it's gonna take an act of congress to keep him out'. But one thing we've learned, it's not up to him." (Kawakami then goes on about how Kerr apparently said that if he's going to make it through the 3-on-3 (which he did), and then through the 5-on-5 (which is today), he will play and then, in his mind, they can't keep Curry out without him being really upset.)

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2016/04/22/steph-curry-game-4/
It's in the first minutes of the podcast. The rest of the podcast isn't all that good, though.
lorak
Head Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#1913 » by lorak » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:16 pm

Game 3 last 2 minutes officiating report says there were 6 wrong calls/non calls and 4 of them in favor of Rockets... Harden's game winner was offensive foul, James also fouled Livingston and then Green during the same play. Warriors got non call on AI holding Beasley during inbound and when Drymond knocked down Michael at the end of the game (but he's got flagrant 1 after post game review). So looks like officials helped Rockets a lot.
RSCD3_
RealGM

The Stephen Curry Thread (2015-16 Pt. 1) 

Post#1914 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:39 pm

lorak wrote:Game 3 last 2 minutes officiating report says there were 6 wrong calls/non calls and 4 of them in favor of Rockets... Harden's game winner was offensive foul, James also fouled Livingston and then Green during the same play. Warriors got non call on AI holding Beasley during inbound and when Drymond knocked down Michael at the end of the game (but he's got flagrant 1 after post game review). So looks like officials helped Rockets a lot.

A 4-2 split in the closing minutes doesn't imply referee non objectivity throughout a whole game or even that there was some agenda at the end.

This seems like a bit overreaction art rebuttal to the criticism of warriors being helped by the refs

Also the warriors shouldn't have been in the position anyways
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

lorak
Head Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#1915 » by lorak » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:45 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
lorak wrote:Game 3 last 2 minutes officiating report says there were 6 wrong calls/non calls and 4 of them in favor of Rockets... Harden's game winner was offensive foul, James also fouled Livingston and then Green during the same play. Warriors got non call on AI holding Beasley during inbound and when Drymond knocked down Michael at the end of the game (but he's got flagrant 1 after post game review). So looks like officials helped Rockets a lot.

A 4-2 split in the closing minutes doesn't imply referee non objectivity throughout a whole game or even that there was some agenda at the end.

And where I'm saying that?

Officials at the end helped Rockets more. That's the fact. If that was simple human error or some agenda - I don't know, so please don't put words in my mouth which I didn't say.
RSCD3_
RealGM

Post#1916 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:49 pm

lorak wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:

And where I'm saying that?

Officials at the end helped Rockets more. That's the fact. If that was simple human error or some agenda - I don't know, so please don't put words in my mouth which I didn't say.

Ok I just know that some fans are sick of the anti warriors agenda and swing the opposite way. Your not really a fan of either team so It wouldn't really make sense for you to say that. I didn't really check the username.

Regardless though the warriors made a bunch of mistakes and were having a hard time converting on easy shots.

PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1917 » by PaulieWal » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:52 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Ok I just know that some fans are sick of the anti warriors agenda and swing the opposite way. Your not really a fan of either team so It wouldn't really make sense for you to say that. I didn't really check the username.

Regardless though the warriors made a bunch of mistakes and were having a hard time converting on easy shots.

Anti-Warriors agenda? More like GSW players are finally being called out on their dirty plays and people are getting defensive.

Because no one likes Howard nobody really talked about Bogut trying to Olynyk him. And Green tackled Beasley at the end of the game.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
RSCD3_
RealGM

Post#1918 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:00 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
RSCD3_ wrote:Ok I just know that some fans are sick of the anti warriors agenda and swing the opposite way. Your not really a fan of either team so It wouldn't really make sense for you to say that. I didn't really check the username.

Anti-Warriors agenda? More like GSW players are finally being called out on their dirty plays and people are getting defensive.

Because no one likes Howard nobody really talked about Bogut trying to Olynyk him. And Green tackled Beasley at the end of the game.

I'm talking about 73* wins and no wonder curry is a superstar he has his own set of lineman, I don't think anybody that's not a warrior fan has denied GS sets a bunch of semi illegal screens.

A lot of the baseless hate, talk about the refs being in their pocket and them being the nba's golden child were all arguments that were used against the heat.

About the two fouls

The Bogut thing was absolutely dirty and he has been sneakily dirty for awhile now. The green thing is underplayed by warriors fans but Beasley was kind of spazzing out and he wasn't being tackled. Lightly shoved and a flagrant but he did grab him by the hips MMA style

PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1919 » by PaulieWal » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:05 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

I'm talking about 73* wins and no wonder curry is a superstar he has his own set of lineman, I don't think anybody that's not a warrior fan has denied GS sets a bunch of semi illegal screens.

A lot of the baseless hate, talk about the refs being in their pocket and them being the nba's golden child were all arguments that were used against the heat.

About the two fouls

The Bogut thing was absolutely dirty and he has been sneakily dirty for awhile now. The green thing is underplayed by warriors fans but Beasley was kind of spazzing out and he wasn't being tackled. Lightly shoved and a flagrant but he did grab him by the hips MMA style

I don't care about the refs are in their pockets talk. I don't care for the ref talk in general. Fans of all 30 teams whine about the refs. I am just talking about the Bogut and Green finally being called out. You had GSW fans on the GB defending the Bogut play and even mods saying that Bogut was just trying to Howard from dunking :lol:. Green has also been low-key getting away with more and more defensively. Remember the Wolves game where he tackled KAT or was it Lavine and then called a TO?
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#1920 » by PCProductions » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:55 pm

Has anyone actually heard what the medical diagnosis is for this foot thing? The fact that we haven't heard anything by now is pretty damning. If it's some kind of tendon issue... we have a problem on our hands.

Return to Player Comparisons