Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:22 am

Who's the better player?
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,265

Re: Current Draymond v. Prime Rodman 

Post#2 » by trex_8063 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:30 pm

I defended Rodman at length in the recent Rodman vs. Shawn Kemp thread, as I thought Worm was being significantly under-credited for what he was capable of.

But I think this one goes to Draymond. He just brings more to the table: defense that's fairly on par with circa-1990 version of Rodman (I think Draymond should have been DPOY last year), and though a significantly lesser rebounder, he's better than Rodman at basically EVERYTHING ELSE. He's much more refined offensively, can shoot from the outside, handle the ball, is arguably the best passing PF of all-time. Both bring "energy" to the game; I'd probably say that Rodman brings more in that regard, but it also came at the expense of an erratic and---at times---toxic personality; Rodman sort of needed a very strong-willed leader (Isiah, Michael) to keep him in line. Draymond can sort of self-regulate.
At any rate, Rodman's margin as a rebounder is not enough to cover the great yawning chasm that otherwise exists between them offensively, imo.

If you're asking "who's had the better career?", that's obviously still Rodman by a country mile. As to who was the better player? I'll take current Draymond.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#3 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Green can do more so slight nod. Rodman got his rebounds in the Era of Centers and less space so in that aspect greatest I've seen except for maybe Akeem.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#4 » by turk3d » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:52 pm

As great a rebounder and defender that Rodman was, it's hard to pick him over Draymond since he pretty much had 0 offense, wheras Draymond's has really developed to be quite good. Add his ability to pass the ball and accumulate 7 or more assists on a nightly basis, and you're talking epic #'s f0r a 4.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#5 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Feb 1, 2016 9:42 am

Draymond obviously at this point
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#6 » by turk3d » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:00 pm

The only that you could say that Rodman was better at is reb0ounding (very few that he was not better at) and I guess his defense may have been better but not as versatile. He just had absolutely no offense other than an occasional O-rebound,.Also Rodman was a pretty poor ft shooter.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
juice4080
Sixth Man
And1: 513

Post#7 » by juice4080 » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:03 pm

turk3d wrote:The only that you could say that Rodman was better at is reb0ounding (very few that he was not better at) and I guess his defense may have been better but not as versatile. He just had absolutely no offense other than an occasional O-rebound,.Also Rodman was a pretty poor ft shooter.

he was every bit as versatile as draymond and he was a pretty good and creative passer out of the high post

Return to Player Comparisons