after the conclusion of this season, who are your top 5 players going into the 2016-17 NBA season?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Re: after the conclusion of this season, who are your top 5 players going into the 2016-17 NBA season? 

Post#21 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:30 am

pelifan wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:I swear to god this isn't hard at all, he would have been the best player this year considering currys playoffs.

Might as well change your username to lilanthonydavis at this point.

Okay, do you not understand

My
Unibro
Davis

When I posted on Pelicans forum it was

dancing with Davis

On ish it's davisismyunibro

so really, would lilanthony Davis mean anything at all?

Also, I've made it clear how high I am on 2015 AD. So since I thought 2015 AD was > peak Howard, and said why, is it really that surprising that I think that an AD who has a 3 point shot, aparantly grew an inch in both wingspan and height, is 15 pounds heavier, that has started managing his diet, and has gotten fast enough to the point where tyreke said they tied in a sprint, and has been said to develop a post up game (oh and gentry fffed that up REAL bad) would be that good?
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: after the conclusion of this season, who are your top 5 players going into th... 

Post#22 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:37 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
pelifan wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:I swear to god this isn't hard at all, he would have been the best player this year considering currys playoffs.

My
Unibro
Davis

dancing with Davis

Also, I've made it clear how high I am on 2015 AD. So since I thought 2015 AD was > peak Howard, and said why, is it really that surprising that I think that an AD who has a 3 point shot, aparantly grew an inch in both wingspan and height, is 15 pounds heavier, that has started managing his diet, and has gotten fast enough to the point where tyreke said they tied in a sprint, would be that good?

Lilojmayo is legendary in homer status. I'm not sure you're at his ridiculous level yet, but his point was that you were being ridiculous, and you are shades of that particular poster.

Is lilojmayo still around? Im not on the gb enough. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
2klegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Re: after the conclusion of this season, who are your top 5 players going into the 2016-17 NBA season? 

Post#23 » by 2klegend » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:39 am

Like I always said, if Lebron plays for real he is the best. So I always base ranking based on that ability to play for real rather than performance because some guys like to coast when they have nothing left to prove in the regular season.

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry
4. Westbrook
5. Kawhi
My Top 100+ GOAT (Peak, Prime, Longevity, Award):
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1464952
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Re: after the conclusion of this season, who are your top 5 players going into th... 

Post#24 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:27 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
pelifan wrote:

My
Unibro
Davis

dancing with Davis

Also, I've made it clear how high I am on 2015 AD. So since I thought 2015 AD was > peak Howard, and said why, is it really that surprising that I think that an AD who has a 3 point shot, aparantly grew an inch in both wingspan and height, is 15 pounds heavier, that has started managing his diet, and has gotten fast enough to the point where tyreke said they tied in a sprint, would be that good?

Lilojmayo is legendary in homer status. I'm not sure you're at his ridiculous level yet, but his point was that you were being ridiculous, and you are shades of that particular poster.

Is lilojmayo still around? Im not on the gb enough. Lol.

Ridiculous? I've said why I thought he would be THAT good before, and if we really are putting currys season behind magic and lady's because of his playoffs I don't see why it's so crazy to think Davis would be better than that. People were expecting some goat level peak from him this year and I personally think the coaching staff ruined that.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#25 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:12 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Also, I've made it clear how high I am on 2015 AD. So since I thought 2015
Ridiculous? I've said why I thought he would be THAT good before, and if we really are putting currys season behind magic and lady's because of his playoffs I don't see why it's so crazy to think Davis would be better than that. People were expecting
some goat level peak from him this year and I personally think the coaching staff ruined that.

I'm not saying I agree, I honestly barely glanced at the posts and discussion, I was just explaining the lilojmayo thing.

Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#26 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:43 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
Also, I've made it clear how high I am on 2015 AD. So since I thought 2015
Ridiculous? I've said why I thought he would be THAT good before, and if we really are putting currys season behind magic and lady's because of his playoffs I don't see why it's so crazy to think Davis would be better than that. People were expecting
some goat level peak from him this year and I personally think the coaching staff ruined that.

I'm not saying I agree, I honestly barely glanced at the posts and discussion, I was just explaining the lilojmayo thing.

well yeah maybe I was exaggerating a bit tbh.

Anyway, I doubt he could have been THAT bad.

JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#28 » by JLei » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:05 pm

As an MVP prediction for next season it's fine not to have Bron number 1 (because he probably won't win it) but answering the titular question it's frankly crazy/ insulting to not have Bron 1. If so where were you the past 3 months.

His last 10 games of the regular season 28.4ppg 8.0rpg 8.5apg .62-.52-.80 splits .69TS

And of course his playoffs where 26-10-8 on .59TS with amazing defense.

That's 31 games right there not to mention he just came out of 7 game Finals series where he DOUBLED the average game score of the next best player. There isn't a doubt who the best player going into the 2016-17 season is.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
NinjaSheppard
Sixth Man
And1: 1,404

Post#29 » by NinjaSheppard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:13 pm

How do you guys feel about KAT heading into next year?

Normally I'd say second year is too early for a 1 and done to make the jump but he was sooooo much better than any other one and done we have ever seen.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,958

Post#30 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:16 pm

No mention of a dude that could realistically average 30 points and 10 assists under Mike D'Antoni's offense? Harden might put up ridiculous stats.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,829

Post#31 » by Colbinii » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:52 pm

BBall Loyalty wrote:No mention of a dude that could realistically average 30 points and 10 assists under Mike D'Antoni's offense? Harden might put up ridiculous stats.

Stats =/= best player or most impactful player

NinjaSheppard wrote:How do you guys feel about KAT heading into next year?

Normally I'd say second year is too early for a 1 and done to make the jump but he was sooooo much better than any other one and done we have ever seen.

I think he will be top 15/20 this season, but top 10 is a stretch.

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. Westbrook
4. Durant
5. Paul George
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
juice4080
Sixth Man
And1: 513

Post#32 » by juice4080 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:07 pm

lebron
money green
durant
curry

the 5th one is probably kawhi or westbrook
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#33 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Montavious Bart wrote:1. Lebron
2. Westbrook
3. Durant
4. CP3
5. George

Colbinii wrote:

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. Westbrook
4. Durant
5. Paul George

As I said above, 1-4 are fairly obvious in some order. Given recent events I don't see how Bron is not back to the spot he probably never left, but 2-4 are open to debate.

But now several people have tagged Paul George as #5. And I'd like to hear what the argument is? Somebody even had him up there over Durant.

George had a bounceback year, but it ended up being just like his other years. Fast start, faded, offensively struggles to maintain efficiency at volume. He certainly wasn't Top 5 as of 2 months ago. And I'm curious how come he's been repeatedly tagged now as the #5 guy over probably half a dozen guys who have been better for several years (CP3, Kawhi, Harden, Cousins, A.D., Blake (I could see Blake)). Is it just the Raptors series giving him this optimism bounce?

Year before the injury:
36.2min 21.7pts (.424 .364 .864) 6.8reb 3.5ast 1.9stl 0.3blk 2.8TO .555TS% 20.1PER
Last year:
34.8min 23.1pts (.418 .371 .860) 7.0reb 4.1ast 1.9stl 0.4blk 3.3TO .557TS% 20.9PER

Isn't that largely just the same guy? And now switching to a coach who is an even bigger grinder than his last coach?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,829

Post#34 » by Colbinii » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:09 pm

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
Montavious Bart wrote:1. Lebron
2. Westbrook
3. Durant
4. CP3
5. George

Colbinii wrote:

1. LeBron
2. Curry
3. Westbrook
4. Durant
5. Paul George

As I said above, 1-4 are fairly obvious in some order. Given recent events I don't see how Bron is not back to the spot he probably never left, but 2-4 are open to debate.

But now several people have tagged Paul George as #5. And I'd like to hear what the argument is? Somebody even had him up there over Durant.

George had a bounceback year, but it ended up being just like his other years. Fast start, faded, offensively struggles to maintain efficiency at volume. He certainly wasn't Top 5 as of 2 months ago. And I'm curious how come he's been repeatedly tagged now as the #5 guy over probably half a dozen guys who have been better for several years (CP3, Kawhi, Harden, Cousins, A.D., Blake (I could see Blake)). Is it just the Raptors series giving him this optimism bounce?

Year before the injury:
36.2min 21.7pts (.424 .364 .864) 6.8reb 3.5ast 1.9stl 0.3blk 2.8TO .555TS% 20.1PER
Last year:
34.8min 23.1pts (.418 .371 .860) 7.0reb 4.1ast 1.9stl 0.4blk 3.3TO .557TS% 20.9PER

Isn't that largely just the same guy? And now switching to a coach who is an even bigger grinder than his last coach?

Paul George brings it in the post-season, and I value that highly over players who don't bring it as hard or who can't get their teams to the playoffs.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#35 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:48 pm

JLei wrote:As an MVP prediction for next season it's fine not to have Bron number 1 (because he probably won't win it) but answering the titular question it's frankly crazy/ insulting to not have Bron 1. If so where were you the past 3 months.

His last 10 games of the regular season 28.4ppg 8.0rpg 8.5apg .62-.52-.80 splits .69TS

That's 31 games right there not to mention he just came out of 7 game Finals series where he DOUBLED the average game score of the next best player. There isn't a doubt who the best player going into the 2016-17 season is.

Er..it's crazy to not have a player who is north of 30 as the number one guy? Everyone else will be improving, while James will likely stagnate if not decline, so it's not really "Crazy". The only thing your stats would infer that James was the best player this year, not next year...
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by JLei » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
JLei wrote:As an MVP prediction for next season it's fine not to have Bron number 1 (because he probably won't win it) but answering the titular question it's frankly crazy/ insulting to not have Bron 1. If so where were you the past 3 months.

Er..it's crazy to not have a player who is north of 30 as the number one guy? Everyone else will be improving, while James will likely stagnate if not decline, so it's not really "Crazy". The only thing your stats would infer that James was the best player this year, not next year...

Isn't that what the title says? After the conclusion of this season who are the top 5 players "going into" the next season.

Unless you expect James to significantly age over the summer, he's the best player going into next season.

HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#37 » by HeartBreakKid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:52 pm

JLei wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

Isn't that what the title says? After the conclusion of this season who are the top 5 players "going into" the next season.

Unless you expect James to significantly age over the summer, he's the best player going into next season.

It isn't the Summer, it would be an entire season...it's not asking who will be the best player at the start of the season. Or at least I am assuming he is asking who will be the top 5 players of the next season.

Pretty much every season at least one superstar improves, it isn't farfetched for someone who is already a top 5 player to make another leap and match James.
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by JLei » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
JLei wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

It isn't the Summer, it would be an entire season...it's not asking who will be the best player at the start of the season. Or at least I am assuming he is asking who will be the top 5 players of the next season.

Pretty much every season at least one superstar improves, it isn't farfetched for someone who is already a top 5 player to make another leap and match James.

Not how I'm reading the title....otherwise sure. Going into does not mean who you think the top 5 players will be at the "the end" of the 16-17 season, at least not to me.

LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#39 » by LakerLegend » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:07 am

No order:

Curry
LeBron
Westbrook
Anthony Davis
Durant

Return to Player Comparisons