2017 Golden State Warriors Thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: 2017 Golden State Warriors Thread 

Post#541 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm gonna be honest, I didn't watch a second of it last night, and haven't watched more than a handful of minutes of them this year. It tuned me out entirely. I don't watch the Cavs a ton either. I'm sure that comes across as a salty fan thing, but I just don't have a ton of interest in blowouts.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Wall34
Pro Prospect
And1: 146

Post#542 » by Wall34 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:18 pm

bondom34 wrote:I'm gonna be honest, I didn't watch a second of it last night, and haven't watched more than a handful of minutes of them this year. It tuned me out entirely. I don't watch the Cavs a ton either. I'm sure that comes across as a salty fan thing, but I just don't have a ton of interest in blowouts.

"I'm sure that comes across as a salty fan thing"

It does especially since you just had to post it in the 2017 Warriors thread.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#543 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:32 pm

Wall34 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I'm gonna be honest, I didn't watch a second of it last night, and haven't watched more than a handful of minutes of them this year. It tuned me out entirely. I don't watch the Cavs a ton either. I'm sure that comes across as a salty fan thing, but I just don't have a ton of interest in blowouts.

I was replying to the conversation? Sorry. They're an amazing collection of talent, they're dominating the league and I don't see a way they lose for the next 2-3 years at a minimum. Didn't mean anything by it, but it is disheartening to many fans of other teams. A sense of "why bother watching" if you will. I'll leave.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#544 » by JulesWinnfield » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:34 pm

Of the warriors top 5 three point shooters by attempts, 4 of them are shooting below their career average this year. Only Durant is out performing his career mark, and the team still has a GOAT 118.3 offensive rating.

Curry at .404 (career .441)
Klay .395 (career .418)
Draymond .299 (career .339 but .388 last season)
Igoudala .302 (.333 career but .351 last season)

They have this GOAT offense and it absolutely doesn't feel unsustainable whatsoever. If anything it actually feels like they have another untapped gear, which is unfathomable
Wall34
Pro Prospect
And1: 146

Post#545 » by Wall34 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:36 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Wall34 wrote:

I was replying to the conversation? Sorry. They're an amazing collection of talent, they're dominating the league and I don't see a way they lose for the next 2-3 years at a minimum. Didn't mean anything by it, but it is disheartening to many fans of other teams. A sense of "why bother watching" if you will. I'll leave.

I'm a Wizard fan and my team is a mess so whether the Warriors existed or not we didn't have a shot to do anything so i just enjoy watching my favorite player on a really talented team who play a exciting brand of basketball.

I could see how any team with tittle aspirations could feel some type of way.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#546 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:39 pm

If not this year then next year I have no doubt they'll end up at or over 120 ORtg.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#547 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:40 pm

Wall34 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Wall34 wrote:

I'm a Wizard fan and my team is a mess so whether the Warriors existed or not we didn't have a shot to do anything so i just enjoy watching my favorite player on a really talented team who play a exciting brand of basketball.

I could see how any team with tittle aspirations could feel some type of way.

I'm not a fan of any specific player on the team though, so I have no stock in it. I also never found it terribly exciting (though I know I'm in a minority here for that), so having no player on the team I follow and no competition makes it hard to follow. I check box scores on occasion but if another game is on I'd go for it.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#548 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Dec 8, 2016 3:50 pm

I don't watch much GSW either, I don't find blow outs to be particularly exciting.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#549 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Dec 8, 2016 4:22 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:I don't watch much GSW either, I don't find blow outs to be particularly exciting.

Same the klay game was kinda fun until he was taken out....
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#550 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 5:12 pm

Instead of blaming the top teams for a lack of competitive balance, how about we blame the lower team teams? Especially the East. The difference in talent between the Cavs and the second best team in the East is even wider than the difference between the Warriors and Clips/Spurs.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#551 » by clyde21 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 5:14 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:I don't watch much GSW either, I don't find blow outs to be particularly exciting.

Not many would agree with you, though. The Warriors for the last two years have been breaking records in terms of tickets sold, ticket prices, attendance both at home and away as well as garnering top TV ratings.

Maybe the problem is...the other teams?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#552 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

countryboy667 wrote:When I first started watching the NBA several decades ago, I never thought the NBA could possibly be boring. The NBA game today, especially as exemplified by the GSW, has shattered that illusion.It used to be a majestic game of giants struggling in the paint, now it's a game of pygmies shooting threes. Bor-ing.
If the three is that easy to make, then the baseline three should be eliminated altogether and the rest of the perimeter arc moved out a MINIMUM of another three feet. They widened the lane an did other things to balance the game otherwise Wilt would have dominated forever. Maybe it's time to do the same to limit the three to the tiny handful of TRUE sharpshooters in the game. It's past time to do it, because the three has become the most boring and grossly overused facet of the game today.
It's also time to add something like the franchise player restriction to the league to thwart the few big market teams from putting together super teams.80% of the teams in the league should not be in existence to just be training grounds/farm teams for the Lakers, and other big market teams and teams in desirable climate areas.

And here, we see, an old man yelling at the clouds.

Sorry, but most of ur posts seem to be about how the game is so much worse today. Most people have more fun watching perimeter players today, sorry if it doesent appeal to you but it is what it is.

As for the idea that the Warriors dominate too much, I agree that if this goes on for a long time it's kind of sad, and yeah it's disheartening for fans of other teams, but tbh dominance is fun to watch, at least if it's not for too long.

And it's not like they are invincible. They have weaknesses and while at their best their almost unbeatable, i doubt they'll just stroll through the playoffs if you know what I mean.

Also, when an underdog is beating them it's exciting to root for the underdog lol.

Alot of people watch golden state just for the play style and the stars.
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#553 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:47 pm

The warriors are fun to watch in the 1st quarter, sometimes first half. Usually by the halfway mark of the third they're up 15 and its over

Sent from my SM-T550 using RealGM mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#554 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:43 pm

clyde21 wrote:

Not many would agree with you, though. The Warriors for the last two years have been breaking records in terms of tickets sold, ticket prices, attendance both at home and away as well as garnering top TV ratings.

Uh...okay? I mean yes, the best teams in sports tend to sell the most, shocking. I also think Citizen Kane is a great movie, even though it sold a lot less than Jurassic World - not sure what your point is.

I'd much rather watch a game featuring Giannis and Jabari Parker, I guess that's a "problem".

Also, the past two seasons were pre Durant era...people didn't even think GSW were dicks two years ago.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#555 » by clyde21 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Uh...okay? I mean yes, the best teams in sports tend to sell the most, shocking. I also think Citizen Kane is a great movie, even though it sold a lot less than Jurassic World - not sure what your point is.

I'd much rather watch a game featuring Giannis and Jabari Parker, I guess that's a "problem".

Also, the past two seasons were pre Durant era...people didn't even think GSW were dicks two years ago.

And I'm telling you you'd be in the minority when you say you'd rather watch other games. Warriors games are always the most watched and sold out. So yes, the majority of people would rather watch the Warriors over the Bucks - and it's not a dig at the Bucks players.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,330

Post#556 » by The High Cyde » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:35 pm

clyde21 wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

And I'm telling you you'd be in the minority when you say you'd rather watch other games. Warriors games are always the most watched and sold out. So yes, the majority of people would rather watch the Warriors over the Bucks - and it's not a dig at the Bucks players.

Why should he care if he's in the minority of not wanting to watch Golden State?

We watch what we enjoy, bud.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#557 » by clyde21 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:17 am

The High Cyde wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:

Why should he care if he's in the minority of not wanting to watch Golden State?

We watch what we enjoy, bud.

If you're not willing to have a discussion about it, why mention it at all?

And I'm not telling him what to watch. I'm telling him is opinion isn't a prevalent one.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#558 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:32 pm

The golden state warriors have been surpassed in ORTG by the Raptors 117.9 (+10.6) but still they have the highest SRS of +11.60 SRS

They are currently putting up 116.9 (+9.6) ORTG and a 104.1 DRTG (-3.2) which is good for 2nd and 5th overall. It seems kevin and green are playing top level defense indeed, as we've seen lebron with wade put up this general level of defense, with KD being better than wade and with bosh being better than zaza so it makes sense both Green and KD are playing at and near DPOY level defense.

The last 17 games they've been putting up 101.7 (-5.6) DRTG which would rank 1st in the NBA.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#559 » by SweetTouch » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:38 pm

They look great

Should easily surpass last years win total

If they don't it may go down in history
Stop being so disrespectful.
The-Power