Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,809

Re: 2016/17 Pelicans thread 

Post#21 » by Prez » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:54 am

PaulieWal wrote:
juice4080 wrote:im waiting for the stats nerds excuses to explain why this team is doing bad.....they will point the finger at anyone but the 2 pseudo superstars

May I ask why you always post in such a condescending and antagonistic manner?

Whatever point you have you should elaborate for one and not just look to insult others unnecessarily. For a so-called older poster you definitely behave like a teenager.

Same dude who called Jabari Parker re-tearing his ACL a "blessing in disguise".
WalterBenjamin
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#22 » by WalterBenjamin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:04 am

PaulieWal wrote:
juice4080 wrote:im waiting for the stats nerds excuses to explain why this team is doing bad.....they will point the finger at anyone but the 2 pseudo superstars

Whatever point you have you should elaborate for one and not just look to insult others unnecessarily. For a so-called older poster you definitely behave like a teenager.

Maby I got it wrong but do you stand by this? The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA. If so you ain't got right to preach correctness.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#23 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:09 am

WalterBenjamin wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Maby I got it wrong but do you stand by this? The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA. If so you ain't got right to preach correctness.

What?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,533

Post#24 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:10 am

Too bad they couldn't trade Joerger for Gentry too. Joerger would work for Pelicans as he coached the Grizzlies and has a decent relationship with Cousins. Gentry is ideal Kings coach as Vivek is obsessed with playing Warriors style and thinks Buddy is Curry
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#25 » by kayess » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:13 am

juice claims to be an eye test guy? He must be **** blind then, that is the only way any sane, rational human being could come to the conclusions he has while using "the eye test"
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#26 » by RightToCensor » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:14 am

I can't wait to see how this front office attempts to add perimeter depth with the contracts of Hill & Asik on the books.

I still can't believe they gave Asik that contract.
WalterBenjamin
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#27 » by WalterBenjamin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 am

bondom34 wrote:
WalterBenjamin wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

What?

Davis and especialy Cousins are the most underpreforming players in the NBA. What is there to discuss?!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 am

They light up OKC tomorrow,calling it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by bondom34 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:06 am

WalterBenjamin wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
WalterBenjamin wrote:Maby I got it wrong but do you stand by this? The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA. If so you ain't got right to preach correctness.

What?

Davis and especialy Cousins are the most underpreforming players in the NBA. What is there to discuss?!

The entire bench scoring 11 points and the starting other 3 shooting 6-25?
BasketballFan7
Analyst
And1: 2,344

Post#30 » by BasketballFan7 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:06 pm

I didn't watch the game, but the shot discrepancy between Davis and Cousins was huge. Any insight on that?
FGA Restricted All-Time Draft

In My Hood, The Bullies Get Bullied
PG: 2013 Mike Conley, 1998 Greg Anthony
SG: 2005 Manu Ginobili, 2015 Khris Middleton
SF: 1991 Scottie Pippen
PF: 1986 Larry Bird, 1996 Dennis Rodman
C: 1999 Alonzo Mourning
juice4080
Sixth Man
And1: 513

Post#31 » by juice4080 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Milbuck wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

jabari parker is probably almost maxed out one dimensional scorer who provide nothing else to a team....he's doesn't play what i like to call winning basketball....if the injury allows a more talented versatile player to develop (maker) the bucks will be better off in the long run but this board is filled with conservative people who are more busy trying to rewrite history than to have the foresight to see the big picture...mark it down chump maker will be better than parker fairly soon
wojoaderge
Veteran
And1: 1,493

Post#32 » by wojoaderge » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 pm

BasketballFan7 wrote:I didn't watch the game, but the shot discrepancy between Davis and Cousins was huge. Any insight on that?

1st half foul trouble
"Coach, why don't you just relax? We're not good enough to beat the Lakers. We've had a great year, why don't you just relax and cool down?"
juice4080
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by juice4080 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:07 pm

i agree that we should wait at least 10 games before making premature judgments but so far it's unfolding just like i thought it would........davis is a good efficient scorer who doesn't need to hold the ball for long but not one ideally suited for offensive primacy for the simple fact that his scoring isn't putting any pressure on a defense and he's a poor playmaker for others...this could work but he need to let cousins be the heavy duty offensive option and play the role of a glorified garbage man and finishing play while focusing on his defense (mainly team defense where he's really poor)...cousins is a foul prone reckless with the ball hot head who's about league average defensively.....i would've bet the farm that the pels wouldn't get better defensively with his addition and so far im right
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,757

Post#34 » by G35 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:08 pm

juice4080 wrote:i agree that we should wait at least 10 games before making premature judgments but so far it's unfolding just like i thought it would........davis is a good efficient scorer who doesn't need to hold the ball for long but not one ideally suited for offensive primacy for the simple fact that his scoring isn't putting any pressure on a defense and he's a poor playmaker for others...this could work but he need to let cousins be the heavy duty offensive option and play the role of a glorified garbage man and finishing play while focusing on his defense (mainly team defense where he's really poor)...cousins is a foul prone reckless with the ball hot head who's about league average defensively.....i would've bet the farm that the pels wouldn't get better defensively with his addition and so far im right

I agree.

I think the Pelicans have the potential to get better on offense just through familiarity and changing some pieces but I have questions about Cousins/AD on defense long term.....
I'm so tired of the typical......
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#35 » by Goudelock » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 pm

juice4080 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

jabari parker is probably almost maxed out one dimensional scorer who provide nothing else to a team....he's doesn't play what i like to call winning basketball....if the injury allows a more talented versatile player to develop (maker) the bucks will be better off in the long run but this board is filled with conservative people who are more busy trying to rewrite history than to have the foresight to see the big picture...mark it down chump maker will be better than parker fairly soon

I'll disagree with you there. The Bucks need a secondary scorer now that the Greek Freak has taken over as the #1 guy on the team. Parker is exactly this, as well as a decent rebounder, a guy who makes quick decisions and moves the ball, and is an improving defender. Maker is a center, isn't he? So I don't see how having Parker on the floor would hurt Maker's development. Their roles or skillsets don't seem to overlap much at all.

Also, Parker is 21 years old, so how can you say that he's almost maxed out? He's younger than some of the guys coming out of college in the draft.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,809

Post#36 » by Prez » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

juice4080 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

that's not the point and never has been the point. The point was how absurdly annoying it was that at the time of possibly a career destroying injury to a 21 year old up and coming player and one of our core guys, your first thought was that it's a "blessing in disguise". That's **** up and it's no surprise you don't see it that way.
juice4080
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by juice4080 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Milbuck wrote:
juice4080 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:Same dude who called Jabari Parker re-tearing his ACL a "blessing in disguise".

that's not the point and never has been the point. The point was how absurdly annoying it was that at the time of possibly a career destroying injury to a 21 year old up and coming player and one of our core guys, your first thought was that it's a "blessing in disguise". That's **** up and it's no surprise you don't see it that way.

sometime the best things comes out of a tragedy this could very well being the case here that's all i was saying
juice4080
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by juice4080 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:44 pm

PockyCandy wrote:
juice4080 wrote:
Milbuck wrote:Same dude who called Jabari Parker re-tearing his ACL a "blessing in disguise".

I'll disagree with you there. The Bucks need a secondary scorer now that the Greek Freak has taken over as the #1 guy on the team. Parker is exactly this, as well as a decent rebounder, a guy who makes quick decisions and moves the ball, and is an improving defender. Maker is a center, isn't he? So I don't see how having Parker on the floor would hurt Maker's development. Their roles or skillsets don't seem to overlap much at all.

Also, Parker is 21 years old, so how can you say that he's almost maxed out? He's younger than some of the guys coming out of college in the draft.

middleton (a better player than parker for now) is back and can easily assume this role...and don't mix up volume scoring with being a better player.....thompson is a better scorer than green and nobody would argue who's better
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#39 » by DoubleO8 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:19 pm

AD needs to become more of a super workhorse for this teams. Cousins is a legit offensive anchor
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#40 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:18 am

Cousins picked up a tech for a minor scuffle with Steven adams. I think that triggers a suspension now if they don't rescind it

Return to Player Comparisons