Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,775

Re: 2023-24 NBA Season Discussion 

Post#2321 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 am

TheGOATRises007 wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:I thought Murray would either win them the game or lose it if they got a few stops. I felt like he'd keep shooting.

He won it. That's a big time shot over AD.

Ridiculous shot. But still didn’t like the last few possessions from him even as he got hot. AD had 5 fouls and Jokic was scoring on him at will but hardly saw the ball. Felt like the Nuggets could’ve won even more handedly.

I would agree, but he ended up making them this time. He was maybe due for a heater.

Read on Twitter
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,540

Post#2322 » by 70sFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 am

I just watched DEN vs LAL, what a game! A shame that Lakers didn't manage to win, that would make the series more competitive. I don't expect Lakers to advance from 0-2, but we should expect more great game from that series.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,979

Post#2323 » by RCM88x » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am

The Magic currently have a 90.2 ORTG through two games against the Cavs, what do we think the odds are that they break 100?

I believe the last time a team couldn't manage a 100+ Ortg in a playoff series was Chicago against Milwaukee in 2022, they had a 95.3(!) rating in that series.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,540

Post#2324 » by 70sFan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 pm

RCM88x wrote:The Magic currently have a 90.2 ORTG through two games against the Cavs, what do we think the odds are that they break 100?

I believe the last time a team couldn't manage a 100+ Ortg in a playoff series was Chicago against Milwaukee in 2022, they had a 95.3(!) rating in that series.

The fun part about this series is that Cavs barely managed to get above 100 themselves.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,979

Post#2325 » by RCM88x » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 pm

70sFan wrote:
RCM88x wrote:The Magic currently have a 90.2 ORTG through two games against the Cavs, what do we think the odds are that they break 100?

The fun part about this series is that Cavs barely managed to get above 100 themselves.

Truly a throwback series.

Cavs are a -12 relative to their regular season ORTG
Magic are -23(!!) relative to their regular season ORTG

If any of this holds up it's got to be some sort of record.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
IlikeSHAIguys
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#2326 » by IlikeSHAIguys » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 pm

Pretty relived we clutched up. Would be really embarrassing to lose that
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,627

Post#2327 » by parsnips33 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:12 pm

Man LeBron had everything going last night except the layup - how many did he miss at the rim?

I love a series where you have basketball geniuses lining up against each other - nothing better in the whole sport
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#2328 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:21 pm

RCM88x wrote:
70sFan wrote:

You can't really look at these playoff games and think they bear any resemblance to games in the regular season. The difference in the way the game is officiated from RS to PS is wider than it's ever been IMO. Which makes me reluctant to pay much attention to the regular season at all.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,033

Post#2329 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:
RCM88x wrote:
70sFan wrote:The fun part about this series is that Cavs barely managed to get above 100 themselves.

You can't really look at these playoff games and think they bear any resemblance to games in the regular season. The difference in the way the game is officiated from RS to PS is wider than it's ever been IMO. Which makes me reluctant to pay much attention to the regular season at all.

Size and defense typically transfer well to the post-season.

High-level offense also does.

Neither the Cavaliers or Magic have what I would consider a "high level" offense creators, though Mitchell is certainly right on the cusp [and at times plays at that level]. Both offenses tend to get bogged down unless Georges Niang is in the game. The Magic were a fun story but the writing was always on the wall for how they would perform in the post-season with how little offense they have.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
CKRT
Analyst
And1: 416

Post#2330 » by CKRT » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:12 pm

parsnips33 wrote:Man LeBron had everything going last night except the layup - how many did he miss at the rim?

I love a series where you have basketball geniuses lining up against each other - nothing better in the whole sport

As disappointing as the Lakers are as a franchise/team since they won the title, the last 6 games they've played against the Nuggets have been awesome. LeBron and Jokic going against each other even in LeBron's post prime is still so fun, only negative about it is that if the Lakers were better managed we could've had two longer series.
lilojmayo wrote:Juice is not a chucker, like say James Harden
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#2331 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:23 pm

CKRT wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:Man LeBron had everything going last night except the layup - how many did he miss at the rim?

As disappointing as the Lakers are as a franchise/team since they won the title, the last 6 games they've played against the Nuggets have been awesome. LeBron and Jokic going against each other even in LeBron's post prime is still so fun, only negative about it is that if the Lakers were better managed we could've had two longer series.

I really think that if the Lakers weren't playing the Nuggets, they'd be favored against the rest of the west. The way that Lebron takes up his game several levels and the way that AD has played, they've looked like the second best team in the west in these playoffs. Looking at the rest of the west, I don't see any other team matching this level of physicality, intensity and high level execution like we've seen in the Lakers-Nuggets series.
Dutchball97
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,870

Post#2332 » by Dutchball97 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 pm

Lakers being up by 20 and Denver still turning it around in the second half seems to be the story of the series. AD couldn't be stopped, LeBron had a hell of a game and even D'Lo was redhot, while Murray couldn't buy a bucket to save his life untill the 4th and it still wasn't enough. At this point I have no clue how the Lakers can even get a game here.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2333 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:Lakers being up by 20 and Denver still turning it around in the second half seems to be the story of the series. AD couldn't be stopped, LeBron had a hell of a game and even D'Lo was redhot, while Murray couldn't buy a bucket to save his life untill the 4th and it still wasn't enough. At this point I have no clue how the Lakers can even get a game here.

They simply lack the offensive fire power.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,627

Post#2334 » by parsnips33 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 pm

Dutchball97 wrote:Lakers being up by 20 and Denver still turning it around in the second half seems to be the story of the series. AD couldn't be stopped, LeBron had a hell of a game and even D'Lo was redhot, while Murray couldn't buy a bucket to save his life untill the 4th and it still wasn't enough. At this point I have no clue how the Lakers can even get a game here.

Really striking that as AD appeared to run out of gas in the 4th, Jokic seemed to get a second wind

I give him a lot of credit for working on his stamina since the beginning of his career
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#2335 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:04 pm

Colbinii wrote:

They were a top-5 offense post-ASB and both Lebron and AD are playing at their absolute best right now. They're simply getting worn out and walked down by the Nuggets.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2336 » by Colbinii » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:44 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

They were a top-5 offense post-ASB and both Lebron and AD are playing at their absolute best right now. They're simply getting worn out and walked down by the Nuggets.

Yeah but post-ASB numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt. The Mavericks were incredible post-ASB.

The Pacers had the 2nd best Ortg post-ASB and wet the bed against a Giannis-less Milwaukee team on Sunday.

But you may be right as Denver had a Top 5 post-ASB defense, which is a mitigating factor for the Lakers offense.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,059

Post#2337 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:38 pm

Colbinii wrote:Yeah but post-ASB numbers are always to be taken with a grain of salt. The Mavericks were incredible post-ASB.

And it carried right over into game 1......

But let the Lakers get a home game before we bury them. I mean I have Denver winning that series, but right now just holding serve is all we can say.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#2338 » by tone wone » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 pm

Funnily enough, the Lakers haven't played a home game in 2 weeks. They finished the season with @Mem and @NO. Then stayed in NO for the play in game. Went home for a day then headed to Denver for 2 games.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,064

Post#2339 » by rk2023 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:22 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:
CKRT wrote:

I really think that if the Lakers weren't playing the Nuggets, they'd be favored against the rest of the west. The way that Lebron takes up his game several levels and the way that AD has played, they've looked like the second best team in the west in these playoffs. Looking at the rest of the west, I don't see any other team matching this level of physicality, intensity and high level execution like we've seen in the Lakers-Nuggets series.

Not MN
LAC / PHX maybe
OKC DAL they beat
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#2340 » by Peregrine01 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 pm

rk2023 wrote:
Peregrine01 wrote:
CKRT wrote:

Not MN
LAC / PHX maybe
OKC DAL they beat

I don’t think Minny executes well enough on offense to beat these Lakers presuming Bron can keep playing at the pace he’s playing at now.

Return to Player Comparisons