Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,029

Re: 2023-24 NBA Season Discussion 

Post#2141 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:26 pm

70sFan wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
70sFan wrote:No love for Zion postseasin debut? He looked very impressive.

Any update on his health? Will he play in the 2nd play-in game?

The first thing I thought of is him and Ja are so similar in that they relentlessly get to the rim, were drafted #1 and #2, and are often injured. Zion's ability to finish around and through contact from AD and LeBron was excellent.

Both of them are likely the very best at what they do in NBA history, but how does it actually scale?

New Orleans really needs to add a legitimate, rim protecting center and move off of Brandon Ingram.

Yeah, Ingram just doesn't work in this team and Jonas isn't the best option next to Zion either. They built an excellent perimeter team around Zion's inside pressence, they just lack a few changes here and there to compete in the playoffs.

I still hope they'll make the playoffs, it will be a nice matchup against young OKC team.

I think both Sacramento and New Orleans would be interesting. I prefer Sacramento as a more likely candidate to upset OKC as OKC will have 0 answers to Sabonis.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#2142 » by eminence » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 pm

I've got the Thunder rolling vs either squad.

If Zion is healthy I'd like to see him in the playoffs, if not, would much rather watch the Kings.
I bought a boat.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2143 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

eminence wrote:I've got the Thunder rolling vs either squad.

If Zion is healthy I'd like to see him in the playoffs, if not, would much rather watch the Kings.

There is a good chance Sabonis/Fox are the 2nd/3rd best players in an OKC/SAC series.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#2144 » by eminence » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:44 pm

Colbinii wrote:

There is a good chance Sabonis/Fox are the 2nd/3rd best players in an OKC/SAC series.

Misspelt Keegan Murray there.
I bought a boat.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2145 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:45 pm

eminence wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Misspelt Keegan Murray there.

I guess I meant to say 2nd/3rd/4th best players :wink:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,540

Post#2146 » by 70sFan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:52 pm

Colbinii wrote:
70sFan wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
The first thing I thought of is him and Ja are so similar in that they relentlessly get to the rim, were drafted #1 and #2, and are often injured. Zion's ability to finish around and through contact from AD and LeBron was excellent.

Both of them are likely the very best at what they do in NBA history, but how does it actually scale?

New Orleans really needs to add a legitimate, rim protecting center and move off of Brandon Ingram.

Yeah, Ingram just doesn't work in this team and Jonas isn't the best option next to Zion either. They built an excellent perimeter team around Zion's inside pressence, they just lack a few changes here and there to compete in the playoffs.

I still hope they'll make the playoffs, it will be a nice matchup against young OKC team.

I think both Sacramento and New Orleans would be interesting. I prefer Sacramento as a more likely candidate to upset OKC as OKC will have 0 answers to Sabonis.

I want to see a healthy Zion in the playoffs, otherwise I also prefer Kings against OKC. I don't think there is much hope for either team against Thunder though, they are on a different level.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,061

Post#2147 » by rk2023 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:00 pm

70sFan wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
70sFan wrote:Yeah, Ingram just doesn't work in this team and Jonas isn't the best option next to Zion either. They built an excellent perimeter team around Zion's inside pressence, they just lack a few changes here and there to compete in the playoffs.

I want to see a healthy Zion in the playoffs, otherwise I also prefer Kings against OKC. I don't think there is much hope for either team against Thunder though, they are on a different level.

How do you think the potential 8 seeded Lakers would fare against OKC? A fair share of people (not just optimistic Laker homers - some OKC fans at that) see LA as a bad matchup for them due to the times they played in the Regular Season. I guess I could ask the same about Mavs / Clippers, as it’s very likely they will be playing either R2?
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,540

Post#2148 » by 70sFan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:13 pm

rk2023 wrote:
70sFan wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

How do you think the potential 8 seeded Lakers would fare against OKC? A fair share of people (not just optimistic Laker homers - some OKC fans at that) see LA as a bad matchup for them due to the times they played in the Regular Season. I guess I could ask the same about Mavs / Clippers, as it’s very likely they will be playing either R2?

I haven't watched a ton of basketball in recent months, so my take is coming only from my intuition. I'm not sure yet about SGA playoff potential, I'm not sure if his scoring game will remain resistant against physical defenses, but other than that I think OKC should be favored over the Lakers.

I am glad it won't happen, because we got another Jokic vs Davis matchup instead.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,052

Post#2149 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:18 pm

70sFan wrote:No love for Zion postseasin debut? He looked very impressive.

Any update on his health? Will he play in the 2nd play-in game?

Eh. It was the story of Zion. Unstoppable physical scorer, but injuries always going to stop him. And that one was so weird. Alvarado kept dying and kept getting back into the fight. Zion just left and never came back and all reports were he was moving fine after the game. Doesn't mean he's not legit injured and him not finishing that game wasn't right, but it has strong Derrick Rose vibes--all I'm about is me and my money.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,840

Post#2150 » by Homer38 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Sharpe is stupid on that

Read on Twitter
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2151 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:32 pm

Homer38 wrote:Sharpe is stupid on that

Read on Twitter

The 2023 season wasn't very long ago :lol:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,814

Post#2152 » by Mos_Heat » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:00 pm

ardee wrote:
Mos_Heat wrote:
TheGOATRises007 wrote:
They've got no cap space. Their core is past their prime or finished(Klay). They have no assets. You're not getting AS talent back in return for Wiggins/Kuminga/Podz/etc

It's over for them. I wonder if Curry will stick it out or try to contend elsewhere in his waning years.

I don't think it's that bad, but Curry doesn't have time. I doubt he will be top 10ish player for more than a year

Really think so? His numbers this year were better than in 2022 which was the title year, and he had a much stronger 2023 RS the year after that.

Traditional stats look good still, but he had negative on/off and from an eye test didn't look as impactful and scary as he used to. He also fell off on defense after 2022
:reporter:
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,551

Post#2153 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:04 pm

Ellis is such a good 3 and D prospect. They will miss Monk but replacing Huerter with him is probably better for the Kings.
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 633

Post#2154 » by Fundamentals21 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 pm

Zion really put in some hustle points but NOP still lost. I really would like to see Zion featured on a good team. He has some 40 point playoff ability in him.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,374

Post#2155 » by tsherkin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:10 pm

Fundamentals21 wrote:Zion really put in some hustle points but NOP still lost. I really would like to see Zion featured on a good team. He has some 40 point playoff ability in him.

Yeah, McCollum and Ingram really crapped themselves in that one. And it's not like the Lakers actually played well, apart from shooting well at the FT line. Lebron was a brutal 6/20 from the floor, Davis shot 37.5% FG, Prince and Winwiddie combined for 2/10, like they sucked. 41.7% FG, but killed it from 3 (especially Russell) and at the line and the Pels just didn't. Zion didn't have any real help.
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 633

Post#2156 » by Fundamentals21 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 pm

Yeah, NO has some work to do IMO. There's Ingram and McCollum, but the game didn't feel that way. What they do will be interesting, esp. with Zion's health issues. They made a serious offer for Mikal Bridges at the deadline, they need some kind of guy that way to build some chemistry on the team and win games in the playoffs.
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 744

Post#2157 » by Special_Puppy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:54 pm

GSP wrote:In hindsight its safe to say Suns made the right move trading Cp3 for Beal

Cp3 is a Monte Morris now. He manages the game well can have spurts but hes not like that anymore. Beals avg level is much higher than Cp3 on both ends of the floor. And his high end play makes his and their ceiling far higher than current Cp3 can even touch.

Cp3 is cooked. 3,2,1 on 1/3 shooting in an elimination game lol and he hasnt been able to guard anyone for years now either

Advanced Stats still have CP3 over Beal for the most part AFAIK
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#2158 » by falcolombardi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

He is actually not alone, most fanbases have been wishing to facr the thunder because young/first time teams are assumed to be fraudulent until proven otherwise

In the numbera the 57 win/+ 7 srs thunder are not a weak #1 at all, but we are also a core that has zero playoff experience (amd shai only has his rookie/sophomore seasons before he broke out) so we are on a "prove you are real" status
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#2159 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 pm

falcolombardi wrote:

Read on Twitter

He is actually not alone, most fanbases have been wishing to facr the thunder because young/first time teams are assumed to be fraudulent until proven otherwise

In the numbera the 57 win/+ 7 srs thunder are not a weak #1 at all, but we are also a core that has zero playoff experience (amd shai only has his rookie/sophomore seasons before he broke out) so we are on a "prove you are real" status

My rationale of picking teams over Oklahoma City has nothing to do with playoff experience.

I think they are one of the smallest team in the NBA Playoffs and I don't trust their offense outside of Shai minutes.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,989

Post#2160 » by falcolombardi » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:20 pm

Colbinii wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:

Read on Twitter

My rationale of picking teams over Oklahoma City has nothing to do with playoff experience.

I think they are one of the smallest team in the NBA Playoffs and I don't trust their offense outside of Shai minutes.

What teams do you trust outside their best player minutes to a larger degree?

Return to Player Comparisons