(LOCK THREAD) The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Thread - 40K POINTS+(Part 1)(NO INSULTING)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2941 » by homecourtloss » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 am

I need a LeBron three in a 10 leg parlay and OF COURSE he refuses to shoot :lol:

Edit: I thought it was all over for my parlay as the Lakers world by 25 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter and LeBron looking to sit the rest of the game below and behold the Lakers begin to choke away the lead, and looks like he’s going to have to come back.
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,789

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2942 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 am

These LeBron-less units just keep frittering away big leads in this game. Another sloppy end to a quarter.
homecourtloss
RealGM

Post#2943 » by homecourtloss » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:These LeBron-less units just keep frittering away big leads in this game. Another sloppy end to a quarter.

It’s one thing to play some bad basketball and make a few mistakes but it’s another thing to allow a 15 point run in 2 1/2 minutes, while making multiple turnovers, and not playing any defense. Sad overall, good for my parlay chances
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,675

Post#2944 » by nzahir » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:These LeBron-less units just keep frittering away big leads in this game. Another sloppy end to a quarter.

**** PATHETIC

I dont understand why Ham takes out Reaves, Rui, and Bron at the same time

Reddish is a disgusting player

Why is he even playing over Christie? Fireable offence for Ham
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2945 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 am

nzahir wrote:

**** PATHETIC

No mortal soul can unlock the mysteries of Ham's rotations.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,710

Post#2946 » by Heej » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:
nzahir wrote:

**** PATHETIC

His ways are not our ways and his thoughts are truly higher than our thoughts :rofl:
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
homecourtloss
RealGM

Post#2947 » by homecourtloss » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am

Heej wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:
nzahir wrote:**** PATHETIC

His ways are not our ways and his thoughts are truly higher than our thoughts :rofl:

:lol: the good news is that finally I think Hamo is seeing that Cam is a terrible player and giving him fewer and fewer minutes.

On another note, LeBron’s on/off was +54 :rofl:

nzahir
RealGM

Post#2948 » by nzahir » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 am

What a joke that Murray is out vs Pho

Denver is completely different with him

Need a Den win here
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,689

Post#2949 » by NbaAllDay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

Historical Performance by Lakers New Big Three (LBJ, RUI, DLO); 2/3 sweep the Grizzlies
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,206

Post#2950 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,462

Post#2951 » by RRR3 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

nzahir wrote:What a joke that Murray is out vs Pho

Need a Den win here

They have lost every time the Lakers needed them to win this year. Given Malone's weird obsession with the Lakers, I think it's intentional. He honestly seems unhinged about them. It's not even smart either, the Nuggets should prefer the Lakers being 8th seed over the Suns, they positively own the Lakers. The Suns can always get hot shooting and cause them issues. Malone is the defintion of a sore winner, sincerely hope someone beats them because of that even though I like Jokic, Murray and MPJ.

That said, the Lakers are only in this position because Dardumbass couldn't figure out he shouldn't start Taurean Prince and Cam Reddish most of the season.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#2952 » by nzahir » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

RRR3 wrote:

Need a Den win here

They have lost every time the Lakers needed them to win this year. Given Malone's weird obsession with the Lakers, I think it's intentional. He honestly seems unhinged about them. It's not even smart either, the Nuggets should prefer the Lakers being 8th seed over the Suns, they positively own the Lakers. The Suns can always get hot shooting and cause them issues. Malone is the defintion of a sore winner, sincerely hope someone beats them because of that even though I like Jokic, Murray and MPJ.

That said, the Lakers are only in this position because Dardumbass couldn't figure out he shouldn't start Taurean Prince and Cam Reddish most of the season.

What were the other games for ex? I doubt Den was trying to trhow games lol

Darvin screwed us early

What is weird is that he has moments of being a solid coach and then some horrible moments

I dont understand some of the lineups or rotations

Even tonight, he took out Rui, Bron, and Reaves at the same time to play Dlo, Dinwiddie, Cam, Prince, and Hayes. They then closed the Q on a 12-0 run

Cam shouldn't play 1 more minute

Give those minutes to Christie and then hope Vando can return in a few weeks

Is it possible to win 8 of the next 9? A bit optimistic, but is it unreasonable?

@ Indi: We just were dominaing them and let them come back, toss up, but should win. W
@ BKN: BETTER BE A W after last times loss. W
@ Tor: They are tanking and sitting guys, W
Cavs: 1st night of a b2b, I wonder if we go for this game or the Wolves game next. I think we split them. L
Minny: W
GS: This could be a huge game for seeding depending how GS is playing. We matchup well vs them, if AD plays, then we win imo. W
@ Mem: W
@ Pels: W

Say we drop the Pels game or Indi one and win 7 of these 9

48-34

If the Suns go 5-4, which is not even an easy ask with their schedule, we would get that tiebraker

The Denver W today was bs with no Murray out

SGA better play vs the Suns on Fri
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#2953 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

RRR3 wrote:

Need a Den win here

Oh for Christ's sake :lol:
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,887

Post#2954 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Reading this thread is hilarious as a Timberwolves fan along with LeBron fan.

Why?

I want Denver to lose. I want OKC to lose. Last night was perfect for the Timberwolves [Wolves win, Nuggets and Thunder lose] yet poor for the Lakers since Houston and Phoenix won.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#2955 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

Gabe Vincent back on Sunday against Brooklyn. I really hope they can work him in and he can really tap into his defense while shooting well.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,447

Post#2956 » by Slava » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

D’Angelo can automatically be a 20% better player if he stops throwing passes into traffic while the team has momentum. He can bring a team back into a game as easily as he can throw away a lead with carelessness and his game cannot afford that.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,032

Post#2957 » by rk2023 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Good win for LA, felt like this had all the makings of a trap game - so I appreciate Rui and Bron coming out to set the tone and not avoid a comeback in Q1/Q4. Unfortunately still 1.5 behind SAC and 2 behind Phoenix.

As crazy as it sounds, Lakers’ goal should be to win out and control what they can control to the max. After seeing that disgraceful offensive performance by Denver yesterday, I’m skeptical about confidence towards the Kings and Suns tailing off (Eg. 3/4 wins in the last 10).

Seeding wise, I’m hoping for a Laker Suns 7-8 matchup - with the kings having to play GSW in the 9-10.
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2958 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Whatever happens, I'd really like for the Lakers to be able to play OKC or MIN (in that order) in round 1. No disrespect to those teams, but Denver is scarier in the playoffs for a few reasons and the Lakers matchup better with those two others, particularly OKC.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#2959 » by dcstanley » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:Gabe Vincent back on Sunday against Brooklyn. I really hope they can work him in and he can really tap into his defense while shooting well.

With Gabe back, Cam shouldn't see another non-garbage time minute. I think Christie could have contributed but that ship appears to have sailed.

DLO, Reaves, Rui, Bron, AD
Spencer, Gabe, Prince, Hayes

9 man rotation until Vando returns
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2960 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

dcstanley wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:Gabe Vincent back on Sunday against Brooklyn. I really hope they can work him in and he can really tap into his defense while shooting well.

With Gabe back, Cam shouldn't see another non-garbage time minute. I think Christie could have contributed but that ship appears to have sailed.

DLO, Reaves, Rui, Bron, AD
Spencer, Gabe, Prince, Hayes

9 man rotation until Vando returns

Vando I think is about 2 weeks away or so. He's yet to do contact drills but he started to run yesterday I think.

Return to Player Comparisons