(LOCK THREAD) The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Thread - 40K POINTS+(Part 1)(NO INSULTING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,744

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2981 » by NbaAllDay » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:48 am

The unfortunate reality is AD and Lebron have comfortably been the healthiest since 2020 and given the lack of depth and inconsistent defense they have struggled to put together a consistent year.

Hopefully they can make the 8 or so and play OKC in Round 1. Would be interesting but I don't see a world where they win. They don't have the depth for 1.5 months of elite play. And Levron can't do it at 39 for that long.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,469

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2982 » by Slava » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:54 am

Nets are ass. Probably the worst team I've seen all season.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#2983 » by ardee » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:58 am

NbaAllDay wrote:The unfortunate reality is AD and Lebron have comfortably been the healthiest since 2020 and given the lack of depth and inconsistent defense they have struggled to put together a consistent year.

Hopefully they can make the 8 or so and play OKC in Round 1. Would be interesting but I don't see a world where they win. They don't have the depth for 1.5 months of elite play. And Levron can't do it at 39 for that long.

All I'm hoping for is making the second round. It'd make this sensational season he's had mean something to a lot more people. WCF would be unreal but I do see a path if they avoid Denver.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2984 » by Slava » Mon Apr 1, 2024 11:33 am

I fear a one off road game to the kings a lot more than a 7 game series against a non-Denver team. Kings have enough talent and randomness to catch someone napping on a bad day.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#2985 » by Greatness » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:25 pm

41.6% from three, 49.4% over the last 18 games
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,509

Post#2986 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Apr 1, 2024 1:29 pm

Slava wrote:I fear a one off road game to the kings a lot more than a 7 game series against a non-Denver team. Kings have enough talent and randomness to catch someone napping on a bad day.

True, but without Monk or Huerter, not as dangerous. Spacing the floor for them now in addition to Keegan are Mitchell, Barnes, and Ellis. Nowhere near as dangerous, not to mention they don't have Monk's penetration either.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#2987 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Apr 1, 2024 2:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 388

Post#2988 » by Ian Scuffling » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:21 pm

A thing of beauty. His foot was bothering him a lot more than I think anyone, outside of the organization, knew about last year. Just hard to imagine he's still this good at age 39 in year 21. His longevity is amazing.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#2989 » by Greatness » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:32 pm

Like last year, it's too bad it took them this long to find themselves. Should be fighting for home court in the first round, but here we are again.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#2990 » by nzahir » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:26 pm

Slava wrote:Nets are ass. Probably the worst team I've seen all season.

Yet we lost to them in Jan...

Still have a real good shot of getting to that 7/8 seed

I didnt get to watch the game, but I see Vincent missed a cople mroe 3s again ofc

How was his defense?
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2992 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:54 pm

nzahir wrote:

I didnt get to watch the game, but I see Vincent missed a cople mroe 3s again ofc

How was his defense?

Guy has had ZERO rhythm all year. I have no problem at all giving him the remainder of the entire regular season, and to be realistic, and then some. The hope is he finds it prior, of course. I didn't watch the game, but I'd like to know how his defense looked as well. If he has any chance of playing in the play-in and postseason, it's his defense that gets him in as a POA.
DatAsh
Senior
And1: 356

Post#2993 » by DatAsh » Tue Apr 2, 2024 1:46 am

I'm sure many of y'all have already seen it, but Lebron is doing a podcast with JJ. I've been watching all of the videos and they've all been super informative. It (imo) gives great insight into just how technical basketball can be at the highest level. Lebron is truly a genius of the craft. Hearing him instantly recount particular plays that teams ran against his team years ago reminds me of an interview I watched with Magnus Carlsen recounting some of his most famous chest matches.

If I had one critique, it would be for JJ and LBJ to slow down and try to explain some of the terms they're throwing around constantly. It puts into perspective how much more they know than I do, but I do think it hurts the viewing experience a bit. I find myself having to rewind every now and then to fully comprehend what they're saying.

Here's an example, but explore the channel and watch the others
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#2994 » by PistolPeteJR » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:16 am

DatAsh wrote:I'm sure many of y'all have already seen it, but Lebron is doing a podcast with JJ. I've been watching all of the videos and they've all been super informative. It (imo) gives great insight into just how technical basketball can be at the highest level. Lebron is truly a genius of the craft. Hearing him instantly recount particular plays that teams ran against his team years ago reminds me of an interview I watched with Magnus Carlsen recounting some of his most famous chest matches.

If I had one critique, it would be for JJ and LBJ to slow down and try to explain some of the terms they're throwing around constantly. It puts into perspective how much more they know than I do, but I do think it hurts the viewing experience a bit. I find myself having to rewind every now and then to fully comprehend what they're saying.

Here's an example, but explore the channel and watch the others

I don’t think they need to slow down at all. The whole point of this podcast is to talk hoops. They’ve catered by doing things like JJ’s intro at the start of each episode, defining all these terms and actions, as well as having the definitions appear on screen when him and LeBron are discussing live.

What I’m trying to say is that I don’t think their target audience are casuals who don’t care to learn.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,691

Post#2995 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:49 am

But I want to insult because there are too many LeBron stans. I suppose I would be a LeBron stan too if I lived in Omaha and did not have my own team too root for- But please refs do not rig the games for LeBron to maake the playoffs so thatt the NBA can get better ratings in places like Omaha.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#2996 » by nzahir » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:06 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
nzahir wrote:

How was his defense?

Guy has had ZERO rhythm all year. I have no problem at all giving him the remainder of the entire regular season, and to be realistic, and then some. The hope is he finds it prior, of course. I didn't watch the game, but I'd like to know how his defense looked as well. If he has any chance of playing in the play-in and postseason, it's his defense that gets him in as a POA.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I forgot who posted 2-3 other clips of him vs Cam Thomas. I think Cam went 1-7 with Vincent on him

More useful than Reddish

Playoff rotation seems like it would be

Dlo, Reaves, Rui, Bron, AD
Vincent, Dinwiddie, Prince, Vando, Hayes/Wood

If Vincents defense is meh and the shooting doesn't improve, we better not play Reddish. Rather give Christie the minutes if needed

We have a lot of guards though, hope we dont play too many at once, I prefer having size out there
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,167

Post#2997 » by PaulieWal » Tue Apr 2, 2024 12:49 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:But I want to insult because there are too many LeBron stans. I suppose I would be a LeBron stan too if I lived in Omaha and did not have my own team too root for- But please refs do not rig the games for LeBron to maake the playoffs so thatt the NBA can get better ratings in places like Omaha.

Not sure what's the point of this post. Warned for baiting.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 388

Post#2998 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:56 pm

That was random. Drunk posting is a problem. lol. Saw Chris Broussard (sp?) say that if James had shot like this from 3 his whole career the GOAT debate would be over. Such penetrating insight by these NBA media guys. So, now he also has to shoot like Steph Curry to secure the GOAT debate? Just goofy.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2999 » by Slava » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:03 pm

If the suns don’t sink, pelicans might lose 6th and get dragged into the play-in.
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,744

Post#3000 » by NbaAllDay » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:07 am

Ian Scuffling wrote:That was random. Drunk posting is a problem. lol. Saw Chris Broussard (sp?) say that if James had shot like this from 3 his whole career the GOAT debate would be over. Such penetrating insight by these NBA media guys. So, now he also has to shoot like Steph Curry to secure the GOAT debate? Just goofy.

The more i've learnt about basketball in the past 5 or so years, the more i've realised how poor CB and a lot of other 'knowledgeable" media guys actually are when it comes to Basketball.

It's crazy because he still is one of the better ones, and I find most of his takes poor and just lack of any real depth/context.

Return to Player Comparisons