(LOCK THREAD) The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Thread - 40K POINTS+(Part 1)(NO INSULTING)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

The Master
Rookie
And1: 1,587

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2861 » by The Master » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:09 pm

tone wone wrote:A lot of it is just the conference itself being healthier and stronger. Memphis being a disaster due to injury has been offset by OKC and MIN making huge leaps. Lebron and AD being healthy is offset by The Clippers getting a healthy Kahwi and The Pels getting a healthy Zion.

I mean the Kings were a 3 seed last year while winning just 48 games. Last season the conference was wide open because EVERYONE (sans Denver) was a mess. This year its competitive because everyone is actually competent and healthy.

From a talent stand LA is actually less talented than they were at this time last year. They basically have no good defenders after AD healthy.

Yeah.

+ Reaves was sensational last year at this point of the season while this year he's only a random role player - and AD is nowhere near DPOTY impact he had a year ago, this is something you can't blame on Ham.

AD this year:

+1.3 DEPM (outside of top50)
+1.0 net (negative)
-6.8 DFG% at rim (average value for centers)
-2.3 DFG% (solid, not great)

Last year, AD was -6 net on much better defensive team, especially since he returned from injury in January. At some point, you have to evaluate players based on their actual impact, not resume or beliefs. With AD being just good defensively and no depth, this team is a symbol of mediocrity.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,032

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 Reg Season Thread - 40K POINTS+, In Season Tornament MVP, 20X ALL STAR- (Part 1)(NO INSULTIN 

Post#2862 » by rk2023 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=_HOjrsiLtTYaVpOZxyl7Iw

Idk about y’all, but this is really, really cool to me. I think what JJ said a while back Re: plumber / firemen was a bit out of line, but aside from that - I don’t think he has any bad intentions as an analyst in spite of coming off a bit pretentious.

As for the product itself, I think a lot of basketball analysis nowadays can be more reliant on stats than tracking and understanding the game from a holistic perspective / including from a players’ approach (well beyond Ball Don’t Stop type of **** about how Kyrie, AI, etc are frightening covers because of their pure hooping skills). Cool gesture on James’ behalf to be involved in this podcast. Obviously with a large following & platform he has, I’d assume more people gain interest in seeing basketball *that* way - which would help discourse a lot.
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
rk2023
Starter

Post#2863 » by rk2023 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:45 pm

Djoker wrote:Ya the West is stronger this year. The Lakers need to go 7-7 to match their record last year so they'll probably slightly exceed it.

Although with the Wolves and Clippers' injuries, I'd argue that the conference isn't much stronger once the playoffs start.

It still seems like the West will run through Denver, let’s see what OKC can do. I think either LAL or GSW can give OKC a serious run - more than I think Phoenix or the Kings can. That’s more of a matchup / “styles make fights” thing though. Either one of LAL / GSW would get throttled by Denver, whereas I think Phoenix or SAC could pose matchup problems here. In the middle with Dallas
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,462

Post#2865 » by RRR3 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:24 am

ardee wrote:How did this same team go 18-8 to end the 2023 RS and then make the WCF with an injured LeBron/Davis vs now being this inconsistent with a HEALTHY LeBron/AD?

Yes I know Schroeder was lost and there have been other injuries but I refuse to believe all that negates having the best versions of the big 2 since 2020.

Something just doesn't make any sense.

Ham didn't play the lineup that went on the run to end last year for most of the year :lol: Since he finally did they've been good but it was too late.
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 561

Post#2867 » by MMyhre » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 am

LeBron could be averaging 50 pts on 100 % fg, yet be below 80 % from the line. Classic.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,838

Post#2868 » by GSP » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 am

I cant wait for Bron pod besides his The Shop I dont think Bron has done any pods that I can remember
LA Bird
Analyst
And1: 3,145

Post#2869 » by LA Bird » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 pm

Just noticed someone recently went on Wikipedia and moved the goalpost for most career points scored (it used to only include league and national points).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_basketball_players_with_most_career_points

Reminds me of people adding goals for Bican and Pele when Ronaldo passed them a few years ago.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,886

Post#2870 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 pm

LA Bird wrote:Just noticed someone recently went on Wikipedia and moved the goalpost for most career points scored (it used to only include league and national points).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_basketball_players_with_most_career_points

Reminds me of people adding goals for Bican and Pele when Ronaldo passed them a few years ago.

"Well Actually..."
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Jdw38
Freshman
And1: 54

Post#2871 » by Jdw38 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 pm

What the hell has gotten into Lebron? On top of his increased mental engagement and a clear couple upticks in his motor, his drives and ability to run up and down the court and simply throw his weight around look prime-esque in power and devastation. This could prove to be a game changer. Some of the actions he is making can continue to inspire this team if he, AND AD of course, can somehow physically hold up.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,205

Post#2872 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 pm

GSP wrote:I cant wait for Bron pod besides his The Shop I dont think Bron has done any pods that I can remember

Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 366

Post#2873 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 pm

Jdw38 wrote:What the hell has gotten into Lebron? On top of his increased mental engagement and a clear couple upticks in his motor, his drives and ability to run up and down the court and simply throw his weight around look prime-esque in power and devastation. This could prove to be a game changer. Some of the actions he is making can continue to inspire this team if he, AND AD of course, can somehow physically hold up.

Doesn't look like a 39 year old man, does he? 21 years in and he's still doing this? I've always said I don't like choosing a GOAT, so personally I take the Mt. Rushmore approach. Of course, he's on that Mount Rushmore. However, he's really making it hard for me to stay that course. This longevity, especially as a wing, is unprecedented. It's crazy what he is still doing.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,235

Post#2874 » by ardee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:24 pm

I really really hope they at least make the second round somehow. Such a fantastic season from LeBron and winning a Playoff series would give it that much more meaning.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,238

Post#2875 » by AEnigma » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:30 pm

Colbinii wrote:
LA Bird wrote:Just noticed someone recently went on Wikipedia and moved the goalpost for most career points scored (it used to only include league and national points).

"Well Actually..."

Fingers crossed Lebron has another 2K in him!
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,886

Post#2876 » by Colbinii » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm

AEnigma wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

"Well Actually..."

Quick, look up Schmidt's middle school points!
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,689

Post#2877 » by NbaAllDay » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:41 pm

Colbinii wrote:
AEnigma wrote:
Colbinii wrote:"Well Actually..."

Quick, look up Schmidt's middle school points!

I love that his own bio still has this though "He is considered to be the all-time leading scorer in the history of basketball, with 49,737 career points scored"
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 366

Post#2878 » by Ian Scuffling » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm

Sorry, a little bit off topic, but I just came across a website that is new to me, called CraftedNBA.com. It seems to have every statistic known to man :) To the people who are really good with stats (you know who you are), is this site legit? No pay wall or anything. Just stats and stats and stats. Thanks in advance.
Djoker
Rookie
And1: 976

Post#2879 » by Djoker » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:04 pm

Ian Scuffling wrote:Sorry, a little bit off topic, but I just came across a website that is new to me, called CraftedNBA.com. It seems to have every statistic known to man :) To the people who are really good with stats (you know who you are), is this site legit? No pay wall or anything. Just stats and stats and stats. Thanks in advance.

Great find!

Seems pretty legit to me. From a quick glance, it has many of the same concepts like portability that Thinking Basketball uses.
rk2023
Starter

Post#2880 » by rk2023 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:12 pm

ardee wrote:I really really hope they at least make the second round somehow. Such a fantastic season from LeBron and winning a Playoff series would give it that much more meaning.

Assuming they can get the 8, I unironically like their chances against OKC (and the current 4-5 seeds in NOP / LAC as well).

Return to Player Comparisons