Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 NBA Thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,239

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 - Regular Season Thread 

Post#81 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:57 pm

Ein Sof wrote:Uh-oh:

Locker room dysfunction?

hm..interesting
He could have put Giannis at Center too

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ein Sof
Pro Prospect
And1: 784

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 - Regular Season Thread 

Post#82 » by Ein Sof » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:42 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:

Locker room dysfunction?

hm..interesting
He could have put Giannis at Center too

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Bam over Embiid, Jokic and his 2x MVP teammate is NASTY lmao
jalengreen
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,093

Post#83 » by jalengreen » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:10 am

Locker room dysfunction?

Bit late with this one lol

But anyway Dame and Bam have both talked about how they're really close friends. Might've been the biggest reason he wanted to go to Miami in the first place. Not that surprising
Ein Sof
Pro Prospect
And1: 784

Post#84 » by Ein Sof » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:47 am

jalengreen wrote:

Locker room dysfunction?

Bit late with this one lol

But anyway Dame and Bam have both talked about how they're really close friends. Might've been the biggest reason he wanted to go to Miami in the first place. Not that surprising

Nah him and Giannis clearly hate each other.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#85 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
O_6
Rookie
And1: 1,510

Post#86 » by O_6 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:05 pm

Best 5-man Lineups (300+ minutes)
MIL (Dame/Beasley/Middleton/Giannis/Lopez): +14.9 in 594 minutes
DEN (Murray/KCP/MPJ/Gordon/Jokic): +13.5 in 895 minutes
BOS (Jrue/White/Brown/Tatum/Porzingis): +12.6 in 596 minutes

Pretty clearly the 3 best lineups in the league this year. The Bucks' advanced ratings look rather pedestrian and underwhelming based on the pre-season Dame/Giannis hype, but when their best 5 is on the floor together they are absolutely killing it. This despite a mid-season coaching change and Lillard having a "down" season by his standards.

In the playoffs, depth will still matter and Doc Rivers will need to figure out a way to get other lineups to work. But I think people are sleeping on the Bucks' potential in the playoffs this year, feels like people think Boston has the East wrapped up as long as they stay healthy but I don't think it's set in stone. The Bucks can give them a real fight if Dame has a great series (the matchup vs. Jrue would be spicy to say the least).

Just feels like people are sleeping on Giannis in general ever since Jokic took the crown as best in the league and Luka ascending to a guy worthy of being in the conversation.

1st, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 3rd in the MVP voting the past 5 years and 4th in MVP odds as of today. Assuming he finishes 3rd/4th/5th in the MVP race this year, he'll be at roughly 3.90 NBA MVP shares which is 11th all-time and 2nd among active players to LeBron.

- 30/12/6 over the last 6 years (396 games) on .630 TS% with a 30.5 PER/.259 WS/48/9.9 BPM and a +9.2 On/Off
- 2 MVPs, 1 DPOY, and 1 Finals MVP (including a 50pt game + legendary block) over these 6 years
- He was voted 25th best player ever before this season on RealGM's Top 100 list

He's 29.

People really take his greatness for granted. He is very capable of leading the Bucks to another ring this year, and it really feels like that 2nd ring would cement him as one of the best to ever lace them up. The Bucks' best 5-man unit certainly looks Championship worthy, it'll be up to the depth and coaching. I'm not saying they'll win but they are lurking there right now and people are definitely overlooking their potential and Giannis' historic stretch of play.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,444

Post#87 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:40 pm

O_6 wrote:Best 5-man Lineups (300+ minutes)

Pretty clearly the 3 best lineups in the league this year. The Bucks' advanced ratings look rather pedestrian and underwhelming based on the pre-season Dame/Giannis hype, but when their best 5 is on the floor together they are absolutely killing it. This despite a mid-season coaching change and Lillard having a "down" season by his standards.

In the playoffs, depth will still matter and Doc Rivers will need to figure out a way to get other lineups to work. But I think people are sleeping on the Bucks' potential in the playoffs this year, feels like people think Boston has the East wrapped up as long as they stay healthy but I don't think it's set in stone. The Bucks can give them a real fight if Dame has a great series (the matchup vs. Jrue would be spicy to say the least).

Just feels like people are sleeping on Giannis in general ever since Jokic took the crown as best in the league and Luka ascending to a guy worthy of being in the conversation.

1st, 1st, 4th, 3rd, 3rd in the MVP voting the past 5 years and 4th in MVP odds as of today. Assuming he finishes 3rd/4th/5th in the MVP race this year, he'll be at roughly 3.90 NBA MVP shares which is 11th all-time and 2nd among active players to LeBron.

- 30/12/6 over the last 6 years (396 games) on .630 TS% with a 30.5 PER/.259 WS/48/9.9 BPM and a +9.2 On/Off
- 2 MVPs, 1 DPOY, and 1 Finals MVP (including a 50pt game + legendary block) over these 6 years
- He was voted 25th best player ever before this season on RealGM's Top 100 list

He's 29.

People really take his greatness for granted. He is very capable of leading the Bucks to another ring this year, and it really feels like that 2nd ring would cement him as one of the best to ever lace them up. The Bucks' best 5-man unit certainly looks Championship worthy, it'll be up to the depth and coaching. I'm not saying they'll win but they are lurking there right now and people are definitely overlooking their potential and Giannis' historic stretch of play.

That net rating is interesting. I didn't think the Bucks graded that high.

Do you have the numbers for their other common 5 man line-ups?

They should be winning more games if their starting 5 is that dominant.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,444

Post#88 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:41 pm

Also, do you have a rating of that dominant 5 man line-up vs Boston?

I'm not sure the Bucks can trot out that 5 vs Boston and be successful.
O_6
Rookie
And1: 1,510

Post#89 » by O_6 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:58 pm

TheGOATRises007 wrote:Also, do you have a rating of that dominant 5 man line-up vs Boston?
J
I'm not sure the Bucks can trot out that 5 vs Boston and be successful.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced

Not sure about that 5 man vs. Boston but Giannis is a +44 against Boston this year in 2 games.

Boston is definitely the best team in the league this year but the Bucks’ ceiling is being overlooked imo.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,757

Post#90 » by AussieBuck » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:59 pm

TheGOATRises007 wrote:

He's 29.

That net rating is interesting. I didn't think the Bucks graded that high.

Do you have the numbers for their other common 5 man line-ups?

They should be winning more games if their starting 5 is that dominant.

The Bucks don't have any other common 5 man lineups other than the one swapping out Middleton for Crowder which is +13.8.

The starting unit don't play much together generally and the SF minutes have been split between Middleton, Crowder and Connaughton due to injury. The other 4 starters with any SF is +13 in 1100 minutes.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#91 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:08 am

He's 29.

Yes, the Bucks have a chance vs Boston. Giannis makes it possible, uber efficient and it comes down to Lillard. We saw what Jrue did to Lillard back in 2019 playoffs & locked him up. Lillard played well that last time he was in the playoffs vs Nuggets but overall he has struggled in the playoffs.

Giannis still struggles at line, Hack-a-Giannis maybe come playoff time.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#92 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#93 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:00 am

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#94 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#95 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 NBA Thread 

Post#96 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 NBA Thread 

Post#97 » by TroubleS0me » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Return to Player Comparisons