Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 NBA Thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,240

Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 3PT CHAMPION & ALL STAR MVP 23-24 NBA Thread 

Post#1 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:02 am

The new duo in the east
Lillard & Giannis
Giannis got hurt in the playoffs
Lillard finally off the Blazers
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,288

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 23-24 Preseason & Regular Season Thread 

Post#2 » by tsherkin » Thu Oct 5, 2023 12:11 am

Should be interesting to watch. Big inversion of what they had with Jrue; complete inversion of defensive value, but big change in RS offensive utility. I wonder what Dame will look like playing off a true offensive force for the first time in his career?
itsxtray
Senior
And1: 434

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo & Dame Lillard 23-24 Preseason & Regular Season Thread 

Post#3 » by itsxtray » Thu Oct 5, 2023 1:59 am

I wanna see Dame & Giannis p&r, spain/double drag with Khris/Lopez as the 3rd. Dho's with Giannis making the decision to hit Dame or keep it like Draymond does. If the defender is sagging off Giannis that handoff gives Dame a wide open 3.

Giannis as the ball handler doing inverted p&r's im less sure about. Even Jokic & Murray don't run those that much. They'll dho into a p&r/pop which Dame can run with Lopez. There's a lot of possibilities, i can't wait.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,968

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Thu Oct 5, 2023 2:09 am

I'm excited. I see a significantly worse RS team than what we were accustomed to seeing under Bud but a higher playoff ceiling.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#5 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Oct 5, 2023 11:30 pm

tsherkin wrote:Should be interesting to watch. Big inversion of what they had with Jrue; complete inversion of defensive value, but big change in RS offensive utility. I wonder what Dame will look like playing off a true offensive force for the first time in his career?

what about LaMarcus Aldridge?
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#6 » by TroubleS0me » Thu Oct 5, 2023 11:32 pm

Looking forward to the chemistry between these two
Lillard shot selection hmm
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,288

Post#7 » by tsherkin » Thu Oct 5, 2023 11:45 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:
tsherkin wrote:Should be interesting to watch. Big inversion of what they had with Jrue; complete inversion of defensive value, but big change in RS offensive utility. I wonder what Dame will look like playing off a true offensive force for the first time in his career?

what about LaMarcus Aldridge?

What about him?
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,054

Post#8 » by rk2023 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:08 pm

Aside from Joker and Murray, I think this could be the best offensive duo in the league (over the likes of Luka/Kyrie, Booker/Durant, healthy LBJ/Davis). Imo, never have we seen a combination of 1 player with the perimeter gravity of Dame and another player with the interior gravity of Giannis. IMO - Having Stotts, who has been with Dame for a majority of his career, helps ITO unlocking and adding dimensions towards the Bucks playbook.
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
parsnips33
Head Coach
And1: 2,621

Post#9 » by parsnips33 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:16 pm

rk2023 wrote:Aside from Joker and Murray, I think this could be the best offensive duo in the league (over the likes of Luka/Kyrie, Booker/Durant, healthy LBJ/Davis). Imo, never have we seen a combination of 1 player with the perimeter gravity of Dame and another player with the interior gravity of Giannis. IMO - Having Stotts, who has been with Dame for a majority of his career, helps ITO unlocking and adding dimensions towards the Bucks playbook.

Agreed but also feel like we should throw Steph/CP3 into that conversation, maybe I'm being delusional
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,054

Post#10 » by rk2023 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:17 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
rk2023 wrote:Aside from Joker and Murray, I think this could be the best offensive duo in the league (over the likes of Luka/Kyrie, Booker/Durant, healthy LBJ/Davis). Imo, never have we seen a combination of 1 player with the perimeter gravity of Dame and another player with the interior gravity of Giannis. IMO - Having Stotts, who has been with Dame for a majority of his career, helps ITO unlocking and adding dimensions towards the Bucks playbook.

Agreed but also feel like we should throw Steph/CP3 into that conversation, maybe I'm being delusional

Very well could be the case, especially with how synergistic the two can be across a roster. I guess we'll see which Paul the Warriors get. Have a ton of his respect for his work ethic and commitment towards basketball, but he's in a pretty tight battle with father time at the moment. Curious to see how he's deployed in order to mitigate this.
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#11 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:38 pm

parsnips33 wrote:

“Maybe”
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#12 » by parsnips33 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 9:57 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

“Maybe”

Lol we will see

2 of the greatest point guards of all time sharing the floor, not necessarily something I'd bet against
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 471

Post#13 » by MacGill » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:01 pm

I'm excited for Giannis! Dude should be the face of the league but apparently he isn't in the 'it' crowd. I also like that Bucks ownership came through for him in conventional methods vs sending a text to my fav. player........
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#14 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:08 pm

parsnips33 wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:

“Maybe”

Lol we will see

2 of the greatest point guards of all time sharing the floor, not necessarily something I'd bet against

One of them isn’t a top 15 point guard in the nba now lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

parsnips33
Head Coach

Post#15 » by parsnips33 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 10:39 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
“Maybe”

Lol we will see

Yeah I'm banking on some synergy between the two

Even at this age, CP3 is probably one of the best on-ball decision makers in the league (the guy who's better is even older lol) and Steph is the best off-ball decision maker in the league. Again nothing guaranteed, and Jokic/Murray or Giannis/Dame are certainly safer bets, but I won't be extremely surprised if the Steph/CP3 pairing puts up historic numbers
itsxtray
Senior
And1: 434

Post#16 » by itsxtray » Sat Oct 7, 2023 3:56 am

parsnips33 wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
parsnips33 wrote:
Lol we will see

Yeah I'm banking on some synergy between the two

Even at this age, CP3 is probably one of the best on-ball decision makers in the league (the guy who's better is even older lol) and Steph is the best off-ball decision maker in the league. Again nothing guaranteed, and Jokic/Murray or Giannis/Dame are certainly safer bets, but I won't be extremely surprised if the Steph/CP3 pairing puts up historic numbers

Cp3 has been such a pick and roll guy his entire career and the warriors have been bottom of the league at that since Kerr arrived. What's the offense actually gonna look like? Id imagine they'd run more ball screens for cp3 but the warriors don't have a great rim runner. Also Chris Paul is basically Harden off ball, i really wanna see if they can synergize. The guard/big synergy is just much eaiser to conceptualize.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#17 » by H2tObes » Sat Oct 7, 2023 6:16 am

I think people are still sleeping on how good this duo will be. I'm just a biased Bucks homer but I know Giannis, and I know that Dame is the 2nd best player to pair him up with in the league. This will be fun
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#18 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Oct 7, 2023 6:35 am

H2tObes wrote:I think people are still sleeping on how good this duo will be. I'm just a biased Bucks homer but I know Giannis, and I know that Dame is the 2nd best player to pair him up with in the league. This will be fun

Whose sleeping on them lol they’re probably the best duo in the league

If Dame wasn’t a horrible defender and honestly it might have just been because he was with a dead team, it’s a top 5 duo all time even maybe

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#19 » by H2tObes » Sat Oct 7, 2023 6:47 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
H2tObes wrote:I think people are still sleeping on how good this duo will be. I'm just a biased Bucks homer but I know Giannis, and I know that Dame is the 2nd best player to pair him up with in the league. This will be fun

If Dame wasn’t a horrible defender and honestly it might have just been because he was with a dead team, it’s a top 5 duo all time even maybe

I mean someone mentioned CP3/Steph as a rival duo like 5 post up, it hasn't set in for people yet cuz the season hasn't started.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#20 » by MyUniBroDavis » Sat Oct 7, 2023 7:10 am

H2tObes wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:

I mean someone mentioned CP3/Steph as a rival duo like 5 post up, it hasn't set in for people yet cuz the season hasn't started.

Yes but he thought that’s an all time great offensive duo and that’s one guy who had a weird take lmao

Return to Player Comparisons