Lillard
38%

Total votes: 21

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Going forward: Kyrie or Lillard? 

Post#1 » by dygaction » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:58 am

For the next three seasons. Assuming both healthy and buy in.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Re: Going forward: Kyrie or Lillard? 

Post#2 » by Statlanta » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Irving because he has the confidence of already being an NBA champion. He is also younger
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#3 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 pm

It's unlikely Kyrie both has perfect health and avoids a regression to the mean toxicity wise. But if you gave me both of those things I guess I would take him over Lillard who I don't like how he looks.
JimmyFromNz
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#4 » by JimmyFromNz » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 pm

I'm surprised I'm saying this, but Kyrie...

Kyrie has been better than Lillard on the season.

As a shooter, scorer whilst being more efficient. i.e. the strengths that we judge both of these two on. Whilst playmaking numbers might slighly favour Lillard, I don't see a huge distinction when factoring in what Kyrie is asked to do in deference to Luka. For each team I think their respective playmaking impact is very similar.

Defensively split hairs, but I at least feel comfortable with Kyrie's activity over easily one of the worst point defenders in the league.

Ironically its Kyrie this season who has fitted more effectively, despite doing so in a difficult setting with Luka's ball dominance. Especially when compared to Lillard's fit which was considered a 'walk in' onto an established team that needed his skillset. I don't think that should be ignored, especially on the backdrop of having come from a Portland situation that was solely built around him.

All the extra-curricular stuff you take with a grain of salt, and health wise I don't think going forward there's much to suggest any advantage to Lillard.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#5 » by RCM88x » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Kyrie and I just got nauseous from saying that. At least he can co exist with better players and optimize his value, with Lillard (and he has a great chance to prove this wrong) I really don't think he has much value if your goal is to be an elite team in the postseason. Too bad on defense to cover up, not great off ball, doesn't create any rim pressure... HIs value came from his shooting and I think were seeing diminished returns from what when he doesn't dominate the ball.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,187

Post#6 » by dygaction » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:02 am

Mavs Kyrie is all pure basketball no drama, loving it
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:42 pm

Lillard turns 34 this summer and has clearly declined as a player. Has to be Kyrie.
Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,494

Post#8 » by Pelly24 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:19 am

I think Dame was def better before this year, but Kyrie because he relies less on freee throws and he is simply a much more consistent shooter than Dame ever was regardless of circumstance. You will never, ever see Kyrie shoot less than 43% from the field for a month, let alone a whole season, and it's equally unlikely he shoots less than 38% from three. Dame has always been a little streaky, and he has a lower reach by a few inches and he's older.

Return to Player Comparisons