Where does Blake Griffin ranked among Clippers All time?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,248

Where does Blake Griffin ranked among Clippers All time? 

Post#1 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,550

Re: Where does Blake Griffin ranked among Clippers All time? 

Post#2 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:25 pm

1. Paul
2. Kawhi
3. McAdoo
4. Brand
5. Blake
6. George
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,248

Post#3 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:35 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:1. Paul
2. Kawhi
3. McAdoo
4. Brand
5. Blake
6. George

hmm interesting Kawhi at #2
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#4 » by eminence » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 pm

3rd for me, behind CP3/McAdoo.
I bought a boat.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#5 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:24 pm

He's clearly #1 and the only argument I need is to point to the history of the franchise before and after we drafted him. Blake isn't the best player from a pure talent perspective (that's Kawhi), but as the total package, it's not even close. It's going to be hard for any other player to overcome the immediate impact Blake made on what was the worst sports franchise in North American history.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,277

Post#6 » by AEnigma » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:46 pm

I might be more inclined to look at the history of the franchise before and after Chris Paul arrived, but if the sentiment among Clippers fans is that Griffin was their guy, not going to say their sentiments are wrong.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,550

Post#7 » by Dr Positivity » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:00 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:He's clearly #1 and the only argument I need is to point to the history of the franchise before and after we drafted him. Blake isn't the best player from a pure talent perspective (that's Kawhi), but as the total package, it's not even close. It's going to be hard for any other player to overcome the immediate impact Blake made on what was the worst sports franchise in North American history.

I feel like this is the argument for Paul
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,995

Post#8 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:54 pm

AEnigma wrote:I might be more inclined to look at the history of the franchise before and after Chris Paul arrived, but if the sentiment among Clippers fans is that Griffin was their guy, not going to say their sentiments are wrong.

Many Clippers fans have deep rooted hatred for CP3 due to missing games and being (un)clutch, without acknowledging how **** Blake Griffin was in the clutch and in big-time moments.

Those same fans likely don't know who Bob McAdoo was. Meanwhile, Bob joins and--after a poor rookie season, gives the Braves 4 competitive playoff series in 3 years until he was traded to the Knicks.

The Clippers were in just 2 playoff series in 18 years prior to CP3's arrival, then average > 5 SRS over 6 years with CP3 with 4-straight 50 win teams with Vinny Del Negro and Doc Rivers as coach.

I don't disagree than Griffin was the fan favorite and the emotional hero for Clippers fans, but if you ranked them strictly for on-court production, there is no conceivable way even the stingiest CP3 loathers would take Griffin over CP3.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#9 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:56 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:He's clearly #1 and the only argument I need is to point to the history of the franchise before and after we drafted him. Blake isn't the best player from a pure talent perspective (that's Kawhi), but as the total package, it's not even close. It's going to be hard for any other player to overcome the immediate impact Blake made on what was the worst sports franchise in North American history.

I feel like this is the argument for Paul

The Clippers don't even make CP3's list without Blake.
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,277

Post#10 » by AEnigma » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:07 pm

Colbinii wrote:
AEnigma wrote:I might be more inclined to look at the history of the franchise before and after Chris Paul arrived, but if the sentiment among Clippers fans is that Griffin was their guy, not going to say their sentiments are wrong.

Many Clippers fans have deep rooted hatred for CP3 due to missing games and being (un)clutch, without acknowledging how **** Blake Griffin was in the clutch and in big-time moments.

Those same fans likely don't know who Bob McAdoo was. Meanwhile, Bob joins and--after a poor rookie season, gives the Braves 4 competitive playoff series in 3 years until he was traded to the Knicks.

The Clippers were in just 2 playoff series in 18 years prior to CP3's arrival, then average > 5 SRS over 6 years with CP3 with 4-straight 50 win teams with Vinny Del Negro and Doc Rivers as coach.

I don't disagree than Griffin was the fan favorite and the emotional hero for Clippers fans, but if you ranked them strictly for on-court production, there is no conceivable way even the stingiest CP3 loathers would take Griffin over CP3.

I am no more surprised by Clippers fans not caring about Bob McAdoo than I am about Kings fans not caring about Bob Davies or Oscar Robertson.

Now, if Buffalo were for some inexplicable reason to receive a new team, I would hope some appreciation would be extended to McAdoo even without the “franchise” continuity.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,995

Post#11 » by Colbinii » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:39 pm

AEnigma wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I am no more surprised by Clippers fans not caring about Bob McAdoo than I am about Kings fans not caring about Bob Davies or Oscar Robertson.

Now, if Buffalo were for some inexplicable reason to receive a new team, I would hope some appreciation would be extended to McAdoo even without the “franchise” continuity.

This is an interesting thing with sports franchises.

I think The Houston Texans should be able to get the history/uniforms of the Houston Oilers, for example.

Once there is a Seattle expansion, I sure hope they get the retro Sonics jerseys. I get owners are too full of themselves to transfer history, but man would it be cool if the NBA permitted that with the sale of the new Seattle team--they get the Seattle Sonics history.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.

Return to Player Comparisons