The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 20,015

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#241 » by thebigbird » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

GSP wrote:
Heej wrote:
jalengreen wrote:

I don't disagree, Celtics certainly seem more complacent than the Nuggets are against us, and of course we aren't having games with like 60% 3pt shooting either.

The much better coach part is why it's so frustrating, Spoelstra is a wizard and the Lakers have Ham lmao. And while denver > boston is fair, the current Lakers are also much better than the Heat squad that just won.

Dunno, not much to actually read into because they're completely different situations, but just something I thought about that made me even more annoyed. 10 straight man lol

Yea man it is what it is. This is what happens when the champs are a straight up better team than you but also try their hardest against you every single time. Never seen LeBron get bullied quite like this by a team quite like this lol. At least vs the Warriors he was usually the best player on the floor. He will never be the best player on the floor vs the Nuggets

I wonder how much of a difference it would really be if LeBron was in his prime though. Hard to imagine even the 2017 version doing much more vs these guys. KCP and AG are a nasty duo of defenders to take turns throwing at him. Reminds me a bit of when the Warriors had both Iggy and KD to take turns guarding LeBron.

Bro what 17 Bron on this team and La is up 2-0 Imo

I dont care what Brons boxscore numbers say he is nowhere close to prime Bron specially 17. I mean maybe for a 5-8 minute stretch but no way.

Yeah I mean the first two games have been very close. The biggest difference between this LeBron and Cleveland LeBron is his stamina. He can’t sustain his peaks like he used to. For example, in the 2018 ECF he played 46 minutes in game 6, then a day of rest and then played 48 minutes in game 7. Averaged 42 mpg throughout the 2018 playoffs, and that was after playing all 82 regular season games. He can’t do that now or really anything close to it.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,385

Post#242 » by PistolPeteJR » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:51 pm

thebigbird wrote:
GSP wrote:
Heej wrote:Yea man it is what it is. This is what happens when the champs are a straight up better team than you but also try their hardest against you every single time. Never seen LeBron get bullied quite like this by a team quite like this lol. At least vs the Warriors he was usually the best player on the floor. He will never be the best player on the floor vs the Nuggets

I wonder how much of a difference it would really be if LeBron was in his prime though. Hard to imagine even the 2017 version doing much more vs these guys. KCP and AG are a nasty duo of defenders to take turns throwing at him. Reminds me a bit of when the Warriors had both Iggy and KD to take turns guarding LeBron.

Bro what 17 Bron on this team and La is up 2-0 Imo

I dont care what Brons boxscore numbers say he is nowhere close to prime Bron specially 17. I mean maybe for a 5-8 minute stretch but no way.

Yeah I mean the first two games have been very close. The biggest difference between this LeBron and Cleveland LeBron is his stamina. He can’t sustain his peaks like he used to. For example, in the 2018 ECF he played 46 minutes in game 6, then a day of rest and then played 48 minutes in game 7. Averaged 42 mpg throughout the 2018 playoffs, and that was after playing all 82 regular season games. He can’t do that now or really anything close to it.

While I do agree, I'll point out that he's playing better defense this PS (albeit 2 games) than in '18 and thus exerting more energy on that end.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#243 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

So far Bron Bron brought A´+ defense. Let's see for how long they can keep this. I have a feeling Bron is gonna be gassed by the 3rd. But this needs to be done, LA falls behind and it's bye bye.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#244 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am

DLo with an airball and one way short so far lol. They need to attack Jokic, relentlessly, every single possession. Foul trouble or sap him of all energy. No Jokic, no Nuggets.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#245 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:So far Bron Bron brought A´+ defense. Let's see for how long they can keep this. I have a feeling Bron is gonna be gassed by the 3rd. But this needs to be done, LA falls behind and it's bye bye.

LeBron’s defense all series has been tremendous.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,804

Post#246 » by Fadeaway_J » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:07 am

Now this is the DLo we know and love...
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#247 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:So far Bron Bron brought A´+ defense. Let's see for how long they can keep this. I have a feeling Bron is gonna be gassed by the 3rd. But this needs to be done, LA falls behind and it's bye bye.

That is true. He's really going hard at both ends of the floor. But at his age I wonder how much it takes from him.

Today they rested him quite a bit in the 1st half. Let's see what energy he has after the break.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,466

Post#248 » by toodles23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 am

Does Dlo *ever* pass after getting the ball on a kickout? My god man. Then the god awful gamble that gave a free layup to Jokic
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,867

Post#249 » by IG2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 am

1 3pter made and it's almost the end of the half. Fortunately Denver can't make anything either.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#250 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:14 am

Read on Twitter

What is this moron's obsession with playing 3 guards?
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#251 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:16 am

RRR3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's like... he had 82 games to try it. And he did. Results were awful. Here come the playoffs... yeah let's do that.

I can't understand how guys who get paid millions can have such decisions. You don't even need to see the games, just look at the +/-.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#252 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:
RRR3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's like... he had 82 games to try it. And he did. Results were awful. Here come the playoffs... yeah let's do that.

I can't understand how guys who get paid millions can have such decisions. You don't even need to see the games, just look at the +/-.

It's been blatantly clear Ham ignores lineup data since last year.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#253 » by Joao Saraiva » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:19 am

4 points... here we go. Denver won't go away and they'll eventually catch up once they get a hot stretch.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#254 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:20 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:

That is true. He's really going hard at both ends of the floor. But at his age I wonder how much it takes from him.

Today they rested him quite a bit in the 1st half. Let's see what energy he has after the break.

He’s on pace for 38 minutes tonight but I’m quite positive he’ll at least hit 40.
EmpireFalls
Sixth Man
And1: 3,170

Post#255 » by EmpireFalls » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:20 am

It really has been an incredibly boring series zooming out. We all know what’s coming in the second half.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,754

Post#256 » by nzahir » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:27 am

Dlo doing something special. a 0 pt half and a 1/9 from 3 game in only 2 games. Something about Denver man

Win or lose this thing, this summer there needs to be changes

Dlo plays at too slow of a pace and is not a good defender. Doesnt get easy baskets or many fts
RRR3
Veteran

Post#257 » by RRR3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:29 am

It's just unfathomable that the same game happens every time. Ham is truly abysmal. He could play Denver 10000 times, lose the same way every time and he still wouldn't adjust.
letskissbro
Rookie
And1: 1,433

Post#258 » by letskissbro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 am

As bad as Rui has been benching him to play Vincent against Denver's starting lineup is absolutely not the right move.

It's very annoying how LeBron and AD will have A+ halves like this, build an early lead, and then when the Lakers inevitably blow it because they get nothing from the role players the takeaway for many is just "LeBron and AD just can't do it anymore man". The others are 8-23 so far.
Doctor MJ wrote:I like the analogy with Curry as Coca-Cola. And then I'd say Iverson was Lean.
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#259 » by tone wone » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 am

Gordon's off rebs are really hurting. Half are aff his own misses. Just not get off the floor quick enough.

Offensively, somebody's gotta make a jumper to compliment this paint centric game.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,720

Post#260 » by NbaAllDay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 am

Lakers D has been very good but the issue with overload and stretch on dri e is they have given up a ridiculous amount of 2nd chance points.

Return to Player Comparisons