The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,867

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#181 » by IG2 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Greatness wrote:It's game 1 2018. LeBron broke his hand after the game punching a wall.

It would have looked nice on LeBron's resume but Cleveland still had 0 chance of making that series competitive. That's why it was hard to get too down about that L. Instead of 4-0 it would've been 4-1.

Last night's gag on the other hand basically ended what would've been a very competitive series.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,560

Post#182 » by 1993Playoffs » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm

Even up 20 I knew they were going to lose. It’s insane
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,867

Post#183 » by IG2 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:35 pm

1993Playoffs wrote:Even up 20 I knew they were going to lose. It’s insane

The way Lakers approached the 2nd half you could tell even they had 0 belief in holding the lead
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,544

Post#184 » by Greatness » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:35 pm

IG2 wrote:
Greatness wrote:It's game 1 2018. LeBron broke his hand after the game punching a wall.

It would have looked nice on LeBron's resume but Cleveland still had 0 chance of making that series competitive. That's why it was hard to get too down about that L. Instead of 4-0 it would've been 4-1.

Last night's gag on the other hand basically ended what would've been a very competitive series.

I get that. I'm not so sure this series would be all that competitive even with last night being a win though. The Nuggets aren't going to miss that many open shots again. Sure the Warriors win in 2018 regardless, but it would've been nice to win that one game where LeBron played maybe his greatest game ever.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,193

Post#185 » by Mickey8 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:43 pm

Leroid and the Lakers are trying the same tactic from the bubble. When they complained about refs after they lost third game in the series and sent the message to NBA through "secret channel"s and after that Denver was done . What a pathetic player and franchise.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,940

Post#186 » by KembaWalker » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:47 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Leroid and the Lakers are trying the same tactic from the bubble. When they complained about refs after they lost third game in the series and sent the message to NBA through "secret channel"s and after that Denver was done . What a pathetic player and franchise.

Careful, this is a fan specific thread
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,400

Post#187 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 pm

Mickey8 wrote:Leroid and the Lakers are trying the same tactic from the bubble. When they complained about refs after they lost third game in the series and sent the message to NBA through "secret channel"s and after that Denver was done . What a pathetic player and franchise.

It's unclear why you think a post like this would be tolerated at all. Zero relevant content, baiting and trolling is a bad trifecta. Keep that in mind for future posts or it will result in further warnings.
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 385

Post#188 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 pm

Man, two trolls come in and ruin it. Too bad. Lebron played well again. People, fans and trolls alike forget he's really old and playing FAR better than any other older player in the league's history, especially as a primary ball handler. Denver is just a better team. They are a better team with the best player in the series. Those teams usually win the series. And Ham is a bad coach. There is no disguising his many faults. Just a heartbreaker of a game, though. Damn.
Ian Scuffling
Junior

Post#189 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm

letskissbro wrote:LeBron score 30 ppg. Anything less than 50% from the field, anything more than 4 turnovers and you had a **** game by default
LeBron put your head down and drive. You're not getting foul calls? Tough **** stop whining and jacking threes
LeBron shot 3/6 from 3? Ok, well the 3 misses were huge momentum killers
LeBron stop being passive and take over. Stop hijacking the offense and move the ball
LeBron let DLo and Reaves play point... Why does LeBron only have 8 points in the half?
LeBron box out Gordon he's getting too many offensive rebounds. Also you left MPJ open, at least try to contest
LeBron scored 12 in the 4th? Ok but how many did he score in the 3rd?
LeBron take Jokic, AD is in foul trouble
LeBron guard Murray our guards are getting torched
LeBron coach the team. Ham doesn't know what he's doing

You did all that and we still lost? Must've been playing no defense. Stop stat padding

You're tired? Tough **** this is just what all max players do. Either retire or take a pay cut so Pelinka can realize his vision, old man.

^Average Laker fan post-loss discussion on social media the last 3 seasons. I can't believe he thought it was a good idea to go to this team to play for these fans, let alone going to them in his mid 30s while they have the single most incompetent front office in the league. Bro is getting slandered because they built a roster that needs him to play like 2016 finals games 5-7 at all times just to take a game off the first contender they face.

For some unknown reason, sometimes I venture into the BR forums. You nailed some of those morons. And yes, the vast majority are Kobe fanboys.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,034

Post#190 » by GSP » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm

RCM88x wrote:I think Reave's complete disappearance in this series is a big deal. He fantastic all things considered against the Nuggets last year. 21ppg on 55/56/100, this year in two games hes at 11ppg on 45/27/100. Lakers need him to start hitting shots and be their 3rd best player on offense.

As far as this game goes, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen, we've basically seen the same game 6 straight times now. This one was just a little closer in the end.

Rui has been a bigger problem than Reaves Tbh. Reaves has missed some open shots but his shooting that series wasnt sustainable. Kcp has been guarding Reaves alot too I dont think he was guarding him as much last year but I could be wrong. Dlo couldnt even stay on the floor last year and got benched. Been far better at least so far only Laker w/ positive plus minus both games that offsets some of Reavea regression

Rui was a revelation last year and averaged 15,4 on .617ts. Hes at 5,4 on .392ts so far..... Taurean Prince has been playing better
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,466

Post#191 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:36 pm

Rui has been bad but I refuse to blame anyone besides Ham personally. Missed shots happen, coaching brain farts do not have to.
Ian Scuffling
Junior

Post#192 » by Ian Scuffling » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:34 pm

And ONLY Lebron James will get BS from the morons/trolls for going 27ppg, 10apg & 7rpg on 54/55/75 shooting splits and a 66% TS mark. Yes, it's only been two games, but in neither of those games was he anywhere near the top of the reasons for a loss. I'm split on what he should no next. Obvious caveat is that he should do what he wants to do. However, he will never get the Kobe fanboy love in LA. I know his ego thought he could, but it was wrong. So, maybe leaving LA and the mess that the front office created (including hiring the inexperienced coach) might not be a bad idea as he is still a great player. But, moving to a more legitimate contender will definitely be seen, and imo rightfully so, ring chasing. But, then again, if he's the reason that puts the franchise over the top, maybe it's not a bad move? Interesting choice for Lebron coming up.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#193 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 pm

Has there ever been a coach who fumbled a good roster this badly? Genuinely curious. I'm not saying they should beat Denver, but there is absolutely no way they lose 10 straight against this team with a good or even average coach.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,182

Post#194 » by donnieme » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 pm

Feel like they had so much time to iron out the lead thing, did nothing and are stuck in a ditch they already knew was there. Same as the leaving shooters open thing. Wasting entire seasons countering the obvious. Run by casuals.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,289

Post#195 » by dcstanley » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 pm

Going 8 minutes without a FG is inexcusable.. That is Pistons level of incompetency.
RRR3
Veteran

Post#196 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:13 pm

I’m not particularly high on Malone (admittedly I don’t scrutinize his coaching that closely but the way he defended Booker last year and the fact that he took forever to realize Jokic>Nurkic left me with a sour taste in my mouth) but I think he’s obviously better than Ham. But would a coaching switch be enough for the Lakers to overcome Denver’s roster? I think with relatively even coaches Denver wins but Ham frequently sabotages his own team.

Just a curiosity obviously not something that’s gonna happen
McBubbles
Rookie
And1: 1,256

Post#197 » by McBubbles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm

How did people talk themselves into thinking that Lebron, AD, several mediocre starters and a bad coach could beat the Nuggets? This same fever happened last year and it didn't make anymore sense then either.
You said to me “I will give you scissor seven fine quality animation".

You left then but you put flat mediums which were not good before my scissor seven".

What do you take me for, that you treat somebody like me with such contempt?
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,337

Post#198 » by mademan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 pm

ya i dont see the criticism against Ham. Like ya, dude coulda done some more and he wasnt perfect, but he came in with a great gameplan that put the Lakers in a great position to win on the road against the defending champs. He coulda made a challenge and maybe made some other adjustments (difficult to adjust when the strategy built you a huge lead), but i thought the coaching staff did a good enough job last night.

This ones on the players and on the nuggets for just making plays. MPJ 3 under duress and 2 incredible shots by Murray while being guarded well...and on other end, missed ft by Lebron, missed open 3 by Rui, missed open 3 by Reaves, missed open 3 by Lebron.

1 team was perfect to end the game making some very tough shots and the other missed some very make-able looks. Thats the NBA
RRR3
Veteran

Post#199 » by RRR3 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:32 pm

mademan wrote:ya i dont see the criticism against Ham. Like ya, dude coulda done some more and he wasnt perfect, but he came in with a great gameplan that put the Lakers in a great position to win on the road against the defending champs. He coulda made a challenge and maybe made some other adjustments (difficult to adjust when the strategy built you a huge lead), but i thought the coaching staff did a good enough job last night.

This ones on the players and on the nuggets for just making plays. MPJ 3 under duress and 2 incredible shots by Murray while being guarded well...and on other end, missed ft by Lebron, missed open 3 by Rui, missed open 3 by Reaves, missed open 3 by Lebron.

1 team was perfect to end the game making some very tough shots and the other missed some very make-able looks. Thats the NBA

You don't see the criticism for the guy who refused to keep doing what worked in the first half? The guy who froze out AD after a dominant 2.5 quarters? The guy who refused to challenge a questionable call with 58 seconds left that could have been the difference in the game despite having 2 timeouts left? The guy who refused to call a timeout for the last LAKERS shot (not last shot) despite having 2 left? The guy who didn't do offense/defense subs after a Nuggets timeout despite having 2 left? Just leaving DLo and Austin in to get burned on a possession?
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,337

Post#200 » by mademan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:37 pm

RRR3 wrote:
mademan wrote:ya i dont see the criticism against Ham. Like ya, dude coulda done some more and he wasnt perfect, but he came in with a great gameplan that put the Lakers in a great position to win on the road against the defending champs. He coulda made a challenge and maybe made some other adjustments (difficult to adjust when the strategy built you a huge lead), but i thought the coaching staff did a good enough job last night.

You don't see the criticism for the guy who refused to keep doing what worked in the first half? The guy who froze out AD after a dominant 2.5 quarters? The guy who refused to challenge a questionable call with 58 seconds left that could have been the difference in the game despite having 2 timeouts left? The guy who refused to call a timeout for the last LAKERS shot (not last shot) despite having 2 left? The guy who didn't do offense/defense subs after a Nuggets timeout despite having 2 left? Just leaving DLo and Austin in to get burned on a possession?

He didnt freeze out anyone. Aaron Gordon bullied AD, played him physical and AD stopped coming to the ball.

He shouldve challenged the Lebron foul and shoulda done offense/defense subs, yes. He wasnt perfect, but he wasnt awful. He did enough to win. The coaching staff came with a great game plan and they had a real shot at taking one on the road...the Nuggets players made championship plays and the Lakers missed some very good looks. Such is the NBA

Return to Player Comparisons