The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING)

Moderators: Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal

GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,264

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#681 » by GSP » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 pm

If they had Josh Hart instead of Dlo they win this series Tbh. Rebounding and intangibles killed them. Hart is a gamer too. Going for a 3rd star im not sure is the right way. Obviously if its **** Kd thats different but I dont think thats happening I mean if its like a Mitchell level star and that means giving up Reaves too..... I dunno if they should do it
AEnigma
Veteran
And1: 4,432

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#682 » by AEnigma » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 pm

I guess if no one else is going to say it, I may as well: regardless of whether there was any negative intent behind it, I do not see the purpose in bringing up family members during a deliberately adversarial conversation.
rk2023
Starter
And1: 2,091

Post#683 » by rk2023 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:01 am

GSP wrote:If they had Josh Hart instead of Dlo they win this series Tbh. Rebounding and intangibles killed them. Hart is a gamer too. Going for a 3rd star im not sure is the right way. Obviously if its **** Kd thats different but I dont think thats happening I mean if its like a Mitchell level star and that means giving up Reaves too..... I dunno if they should do it

Have been on this hill for a while. A third star isn’t gonna save how bad you are on the margins and at the little things
Bad Gatorade wrote:I use a lot of parentheses when I post (it's a bad habit)
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,310

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoff Thread -(NO BAITING) 

Post#684 » by trex_8063 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:19 am

Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:This was brought up completely out of the blue. Why are you talking about my daughter at all? I certainly haven't been. This is a thread where posters HATE me, and have said so explicitly. Don't talk about my family here in any context. Use your judgement please. Edit: I'm out, this obviously isn't a safe space. Like, wtf.

You have brought up the fact you watch your daughters games.

I simply said "If the season is over, you still have her season".

Relax, adult conversation can be overstimulating, happens to me too.

I want you guys to disengage, ignore, whatever it takes to stop derailing this thread with the constant back-and-forth. Colbini: warned for too many condescending jabs [like that last line above].
VanWest: You lean toward opinions [about LeBron] that run contrary to broader consensus here, and unfortunately that makes you a target to degree, and a victim of assumption (i.e. the assumption that any argument made [by you] regarding LeBron will have been made in bad faith [I'll leave it to your own soul-searching to decide how often that particular shoe fits]). For my part, I'll say to Lebron's most staunch supporters: not every critical post (even from posters who are usually critical of LeBron) is given in bad faith.
That said, from what I've read (I do not have time to read the 6-7 pages of interaction), you [VanWest] are not a fully innocent victim wrt this derail, what with comments like "refs tried..."

So....everybody just please be a little nicer (being mean with a smile and a "j/k" is still being mean, btw), and disengage or ignore if necessary (and I think it might be necessary at this point). Otherwise a mod is likely to come back to this thread wielding the ban-hammer of justice.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Ian Scuffling
Junior
And1: 388

Post#685 » by Ian Scuffling » Wed May 1, 2024 1:25 am

trex_8063 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:This was brought up completely out of the blue. Why are you talking about my daughter at all? I certainly haven't been. This is a thread where posters HATE me, and have said so explicitly. Don't talk about my family here in any context. Use your judgement please. Edit: I'm out, this obviously isn't a safe space. Like, wtf.

You have brought up the fact you watch your daughters games.

I simply said "If the season is over, you still have her season".

Relax, adult conversation can be overstimulating, happens to me too.

I want you guys to disengage, ignore, whatever it takes to stop derailing this thread with the constant back-and-forth. Colbini: warned for too many condescending jabs [like that last line above].
VanWest: You lean toward opinions [about LeBron] that run contrary to broader consensus here, and unfortunately that makes you a target to degree, and a victim of assumption (i.e. the assumption that any argument made [by you] regarding LeBron will have been made in bad faith [I'll leave it to your own soul-searching to decide how often that particular shoe fits]). For my part, I'll say to Lebron's most staunch supporters: not every critical post (even from posters who are usually critical of LeBron) is given in bad faith.
That said, from what I've read (I do not have time to read the 6-7 pages of interaction), you [VanWest] are not a fully innocent victim wrt this derail, what with comments like "refs tried..."

So....everybody just please be a little nicer (being mean with a smile and a "j/k" is still being mean, btw), and disengage or ignore if necessary (and I think it might be necessary at this point). Otherwise a mod is likely to come back to this thread wielding the ban-hammer of justice.

Though, I've never seen an obvious troll like comment from Van West, I have from others. The "ignore" function is wonderful. Use it for the trolls that bring nothing but bad faith arguments and whining invective for Lebron. It makes this forum so much better and I'm truly glad RealGM has it.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#686 » by nzahir » Wed May 1, 2024 1:34 am

AEnigma wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:
ardee wrote:He should walk anyway imo. I just don't trust the Lakers to do it right at this point. Even something like Durant would probably blow up in their faces.

He is TOO good to waste anymore time on this incompetent franchise. On a well-run Eastern team he's a walking ring.

So, Boston is the only option. That’s the only well-run Eastern team with actual title chances. And we all know that’s not going to happen.

I think you guys just need to let it go. He’s not winning another.

The Knicks swapping Randle for Lebron would be an easy title-level team.

The 76ers signing Lebron would make a title-level team if Embiid could stay healthy for four rounds.

The current Cavaliers probably would not be a title team swapping Garland for Lebron… but if Mobley takes an unexpected leap, that could change.

I do not see the salary working on the Heat, but a hypothetical Butler/Lebron/Bam core coached by 2025 Spoelstra could win a title.

Lebron will not leave the Lakers (and accordingly will not win another title), and the latter three would require internally unlikely events in addition to him leaving the Lakers, but I strongly disagree that it would be Boston or nothing.

Knicks seem like they can somewhat contend now in the weak east, but Lebron firmly puts them there. Also have a ton of picks to upgrade another spot or two

Brunson, DDV, OG, Bron, Hartenstein/Robinson
Mcrbridge, Hart, Precious? Harteinstein/Robinson

Who would their main few targets even be? Seems like they need a backup pg.
Can go for Bridges, but where are the minutes?
Maybe upgrade the C or backup forward spots?

Embiid is too shaky, but PHI can be super scary if Bron wants to take a paycut. Can sign PG and go with a big 4 of Embiid, Bron, PG, Maxey

Cavs would be a contender, but wolud need to move Mobley. Maybe something like Mobley for Bridges type of deal

Garland, Mitchell, Bridges, Bron, Allen

Consider moving Garland for a more defensive minded guard with size and a decent bench

Realistically though Bron is staying, so I feel like we should be discussing what can LA do
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,192

Post#687 » by donnieme » Wed May 1, 2024 1:54 am

GSP wrote:If they had Josh Hart instead of Dlo they win this series Tbh. Rebounding and intangibles killed them. Hart is a gamer too. Going for a 3rd star im not sure is the right way. Obviously if its **** Kd thats different but I dont think thats happening I mean if its like a Mitchell level star and that means giving up Reaves too..... I dunno if they should do it

Compared to salary D'lo is so bad in the intangibles department. On a title team that would ideally go to two good roleplayers who can contribute one of slowing down their matchup or rebounding or length or athleticism or hustle. Some dudes just don't bring any matchup badges. Plus his awful D off of screens is why Murray just strolls to his sweet spots and the big had to keep leaving Jokic open to grab uncontested offensive rebounds.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,912

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#688 » by Heej » Wed May 1, 2024 2:05 am

Mickey8 wrote:Leroid with the worse move after the elimination than Bad Boys Detroit Pistons. It's really hard to root for him.

Warned for baiting - CF

Think you need to focus on school champ
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heej
General Manager

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS) 

Post#689 » by Heej » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

DorianRo wrote:
magicman1978 wrote:Anyone that doesn't think that LeBron is, at minimum, in the GOAT argument should just be ignored at this point. If someone is willing to overlook the mountain of evidence and toss out all logic to argue he isn't - there's absolutely no use in having a discussion/argument with them. Their mind was made up long ago and nothing will change it.

At 39 years old, 21 years end - he's still performed like a top 5 player. Every single game against the Nuggets, likely the best team in the league, was competitive despite the Lakers being a poorly coached and poorly assembled team. Just imagine the Lakers with prime LeBron. The Nuggets would be lucky to take more than 1 game off them. It's sad that some people can't just appreciate what they're seeing.

PEDs does wonders. Let’s be real. That’s why. I’ll give him his props for longevity. Even with whatever he’s doing is still impressive. However…. Far too many post season blunders to be anywhere near a GOAT argument. The league has catered to the dude for the 2 decades. He’s been a lame eastern conference with terrible teams the first 15 years or whatever, been on multiple super teams or at least played with other top superstar 95 percent his career and only has 4 titles to show for himself.

Nowhere near GOAT material. Give MJ all that and he has 12-13 titles. At this point I can’t put Lebron even over Kobe. He’s top 8-10 all time. But again…. Too many post season blunders. And even of the 4 titles, 2 of those he’s lucky he didn’t lose

Imagine thinking the most competitive dude in the league wasn't using PEDs during the most infamous steroid era in pro sports lmfaooo. LeBron Derangement Syndrome is real. He literally induces cognitive dissonance in the sub-80 NPCs
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heej
General Manager

Post#690 » by Heej » Wed May 1, 2024 2:14 am

Ian Scuffling wrote:
thebigbird wrote:LeBron needs to go back to Cleveland. Fans who will actually embrace him, some good young talent, and, most importantly, no more 10:30 p.m. start times. He had his fun in LA, but time for him to come home.

As a Cavaliers fan,I'll co-sign this :D

Boutta make my triumphant return to RealCavsFans.com :lol:
Special_Puppy
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#691 » by Special_Puppy » Wed May 1, 2024 2:17 am

AEnigma wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:He was honestly incredible. I thought AD played one of the best series of his career, and Lebron was somehow just a smidge better...at 39. Like, holy crap. It does say something that even haters like me can stop and take time to appreciate. Even ten years ago I would've never imagined Bron hitting so many dagger threes, and some of the passes he threw...jeez.

To be honest just makes me appreciate what Jokic is doing even more. The 2024 Lakers weren’t great by SRS but I’ll be damned if they weren’t one of the toughest opponents to go out in the first round ever. To go 8-1 against them over 2 seasons is a huge feather in his cap.

This series has me even more impressed by the Nuggets and less impressed by Jokic, but maybe that will change against the Wolves.

I honestly had the opposite impression?
Jokic's average prior EPM in this series was +6.2 and his BPM is the highest of the playoffs so far. I think finishing off the Lakers is 5 is impressive, but they only outscored the Lakers by ~2 on average which is underwhelming compared to the domination the Thunder+TWolves showed.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#692 » by TroubleS0me » Wed May 1, 2024 2:56 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,264

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#693 » by GSP » Wed May 1, 2024 3:10 am

Read on Twitter
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Re: The LeBron James- 23-24 NBA Playoffs & Off-Season Thread -(NO PERSONAL ATTACKS & BAITING) 

Post#694 » by nzahir » Wed May 1, 2024 4:56 am

GSP wrote:
Read on Twitter

Idk if we want an inexperienced coach

Shold have gotten Lue or Synder when we had the chance
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,817

Post#695 » by Mos_Heat » Wed May 1, 2024 10:32 am

A bit late, but I thought he was tremendous in game 5. By far his best in the series and maybe my favorite PO game, post bubble edition. Maybe his last playoff game, who knows

I struggle to see how Pelinka can build a roster that could compete with the big boys in the West. First of all, he's a bad GM, we know it. But even besides that the number of assets is fairly limited. They have 3 picks to trade prior to the draft, but I'm not sure why would the Cavs or Hawks move they stars on the draft night. Dlo kinda holds them hostage. His opt in date is June 29th, so they don't even know how many tradeable salaries they have. OIther guys like Vincent and HAchimura have negative value deals. I expect another Pelinka's classic "Let's kick this can down the road" type of summer
:reporter:
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,768

Post#696 » by homecourtloss » Wed May 1, 2024 1:05 pm

The sad thing is that they could have won WITH DLo being DLo. The two games DLo did what was asked, i.e., make some open shots, the Lakers looked to be the better team, even structurally. They unfortunately choked one of these games away.

The rebounding…they were at a possession disadvantage the entire season, which actually wasn’t as bad in the series (about -6 or -7 FGA per game)
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,505

Post#697 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 1, 2024 1:09 pm

VanWest82 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:I think you guys have more invested in hating me than whatever issues I have with Bron. Hope your lives have meaning.

You literally called yourself a hater a few minutes ago, it oozes in most of your posts, and we’re the haters LOL?

Yup. At least I admit what I am, and I'm not afraid to give Lebron credit either which I did in multiple posts right beside this one that you decided not to quote or AND1. Hardly a surprise.

More to the point...Lebron is a public figure. It's just sports hate, something most fans indulge in. I don't know him or hate him for real. You guys OTOH go out of your way to insult me, bring my kids into it, report my posts, try to get me warned and suspended (congrats, btw), etc. Me pointing out FT differential is apparently baiting but bringing my kids into an adversarial discussion (in any context) is just fine. Maybe Clyde can explain that one to me.

You guys only engage to make things personal. I've contributed lots to this site beyond whatever perceived "oozing" of hate toward any one player. There is zero interaction from you guys on any other front. The goal seems only to be pettiness, and unlike that with a public figure, you're doing it in a one-sided way with me directly - you'll notice I don't quote/bait you guys ever. So yeah, I meant what I said. I hope you actually have something worthwhile in your lives because based on what I've experienced, you seem to have nothing better to do but engage in small-minded, hate campaigns directly with someone who'd otherwise just rather talk basketball (and maybe trade some barbs about our favourite athletes). Good day.

1. Seriously? You're checking to see what I quote or and-1 of yours? Do you realize how pathetic this sounds, not to mention how it comes across as entitled?

2. We don't insult you. We find the lack of integrity with which you argue and debate insulting given the different goalposts you clearly attribute in your discussions between LeBron and other players. We also find the pattern that is your quickness to emerge when him or his team don't do well to be pathetic. clearly As such, we call it out. Calling it out isn't insulting.

3. Colbinii spoke very clearly as to the mention of your daughter. He didn't insult you, her, your family, or anyone. For you to continue to harp on this shows the closedmindedness and agenda-driven bias you continue to possess and exhibit. If you still disagree, feel free to report the post and have what in your mind should be an unbiased, third-party look at it.

4. You saying it's personal doesn't make it true. No one ever baited you. It's the other way around, you know it, and I'm not going to try and convince you. We're very happy here, you clearly aren't, so leave.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#698 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 1, 2024 1:12 pm

rk2023 wrote:Idk about yall, but I do NOT want Trae or Murray in LA next year. Neither nor. Isn’t the same organization killer as trading for Westbrook, but it’s not gonna end well either way.

I agree with this. It's not the move to make honestly. I said it last year and throughout this season multiple times: they need a proper backup center.

I'm also done with Rui. Get him out of here. They need a PF a la Naz Reid.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#699 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 1, 2024 1:13 pm

AEnigma wrote:I guess if no one else is going to say it, I may as well: regardless of whether there was any negative intent behind it, I do not see the purpose in bringing up family members during a deliberately adversarial conversation.

I don't think Colbinii meant it maliciously, but I do agree it's wisest to avoid these things.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#700 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed May 1, 2024 1:16 pm

GSP wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOOL at LeBron being in the running as the Lakers' next coach as per Vegas

Return to Player Comparisons