38%

Total votes: 13

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: Jack vs Calderon 

Post#21 » by princeofpalace » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:08 pm

KOBE_PAUER wrote:
5DOM wrote:Jack's D is HORRIBLE as well. Calderon simply doesn't have the skills, but this guy just doesn't try.
We need Banks.

Skills?? What about Stockton?? Calderon is one of the best PGs in the East. He is an All Star caliber player. Jarrett Jack only a good back up.

Are you kidding with this?
vjkid
Pro Prospect
And1: 290

Post#22 » by vjkid » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

I heard this on NBA fantasy insider and not saying that Jose can't start, it's just that he is the perfect backup. The fact is whether he would start or come off the bench he would get them good looks and get them going. Most people knew when Jose was starting he needed to take more shots to help us be better and be more aggressive off the dribble, which is sort of what Jack gives us considering no one in the starting lineup really needs someone to set them up to score. While guys off of the bench have been playing better as well because they've been getting better looks while Jose is setting them up. Also like before if we need him we could use him at end of games. I'm just saying this considering how well we have been playing of late and the fact that Jose seems like he would be okay with it. Plus Jose was averaging five assists of the bench in his first year with TJ.
beantownski
Bench Warmer
And1: 598

Post#23 » by beantownski » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 pm

calderon is a much better player than jack. calderon is everything you want in a point guard (minus good defense). jose is a better shooter than jack, a better playmaker than jack, a better pick and roll player than jack, and is more efficent than jack. jack is a two guard in a point guards body. i like jack as a player, but calderon is much better than him. jose is playing banged up right now, but healthy i don't think it's that close. you can complain about jose's defense, but no one on the raptors plays any defense so who cares?!
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their
shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and
you'll have their shoes.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#24 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am

Relentless88 wrote:
farzi wrote:I would die if Jarret Jack became our starting PG again

He's probably better than all the point guards on the Blazers, no offense.

I disagree with my Blazer counterpart. Jack was prone to making BIG mistakes that cost us games. Perhaps he's improved in the turnover department, but then again, fast teams like the raptors are known to turn the ball over, so maybe his mistakes go more unnoticed.

Return to Player Comparisons