Am I the only one who thinks a healthy Kobe > Lebron?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Am I the only one who thinks a healthy Kobe > Lebron? 

Post#1 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:49 am

I know everyone wants to chant LeBron's name now because of his recent performances, but it's as though you guys all forgot the absolute carnage Kobe caused in the beginning of the season when he was 100 percent. He was the League's leading scorer and was dropping 30-40 every game with ease. Now we all know he has the splint on the finger which is hindering his performance (although he's still putting up decent numbers mind you, it's not his fault that the rest of the Lakers are playing terrible, 'specially Gasoft) but come Playoff time I'm sure he'll be completely healthy, and that's when he'll be most deadly. I think people are really taking him for granted right now because he's struggling with his health, but what people don't seem to realize is that offensively he's still the best of the best. So...healthy Kobe over healthy LeBron (aka LeBron right now)?

And btw I'm disregarding what's happening tonight. Cavs lost to the Cats too, they're a good ballclub. Also, even if the Cavs do finish with the best record they did last Season too...and once again collapsed in the Playoffs. I'm not going to take them seriously until they can put a clamp on Orlando, or even Charlotte in the 1st round.
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Re: Am I the only one who thinks a healthy Kobe > Lebron? 

Post#2 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:51 am

ive been on Lebrons side of the debate since last year

im pretty sure most of realgm is now

statistically I take this year from Lebron over any of Kobe's years
pross
Veteran
And1: 174

Post#3 » by pross » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:52 am

No.

His shot is better than Lebron's but that's about it. Lebron does everything else a lot better and with great effeciency.
delonte
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by delonte » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:54 am

Yes, yes you are.
xxRoyalexx
Rookie

Post#5 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:56 am

pross wrote:No.

His shot is better than Lebron's but that's about it. Lebron does everything else a lot better and with great effeciency.

God I'm tired of hearing about this "efficiency" stat. It's absolutely useless and doesn't prove much and LeBron's numbers for it are padded because he basically controls the flow of the Cavs offense, even though he's a damn small forward (as compared to LA who run the Triangle, where everything runs through everyone.) With that also being said, LeBron's total control over the offense is the same reason he racks up as many assists as he does. In the Triangle you'll rarely see a guy going double digits in Assists; they're evenly spread amongst the Team.

And btw, Kobe does everything LeBron does (maybe a little worse, just as well, or a little better) along with far better postplay, ballhandling, and shooting (which is the most important.) when healthy.
VicG
Head Coach
And1: 1,911

Post#6 » by VicG » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:57 am

Give it up man. The debate is over.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#7 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:58 am

For the first 10 games before that finger injury, I really thought Kobe was the best player. After that though, he doesn't even look top 3.
Jimmy76
RealGM

Post#8 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:59 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:

God I'm tired of hearing about this "efficiency" stat. It's absolutely useless and doesn't prove much and LeBron's numbers for it are padded because he basically controls the flow of the Cavs offense, even though he's a damn small forward (as compared to LA who run the Triangle, where everything runs through everyone.) With that also being said, LeBron's total control over the offense is the same reason he racks up as many assists as he does. In the Triangle you'll rarely see a guy going double digits in Assists; they're evenly spread amongst the Team.

And btw, Kobe does everything LeBron does (maybe a little worse, just as well, or a little better) along with far better postplay, ballhandling, and shooting (which is the most important.) when healthy.

Lebron rebounds better, is a better playmaker, and a better scorer and efficiency is a real thing which seriously impacts the game. Every missed shot is a wasted possession and efficiency captures that.

the only thing Kobe does better is game winning shooting
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,537

Post#9 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:59 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:

God I'm tired of hearing about this "efficiency" stat.

Efficiency isn't a stat, its a state of being

... efficient.
Rendezvous
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#10 » by Rendezvous » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:59 am

I think Kobe is > than Lebron.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#11 » by Ayt » Sat Mar 6, 2010 2:59 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:

That LeBron run offense is 2nd in the league in points per possession. What a stat padder.
Phastbreak91
Senior
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Phastbreak91 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:00 am

Lebron led a scrub team to the finals once and Kobe led a scrub team into the lottery once. Who do you think is better?
xxRoyalexx
Rookie

Post#13 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:03 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:

Lebron rebounds better, is a better playmaker, and a better scorer and efficiency is a real thing which seriously impacts the game. Every missed shot is a wasted possession and efficiency captures that.

A better scorer than a healthy Kobe? lmfao please don't go that far. You can trash Number 24 all you want but never say that LeBron's a better scorer than him. LeBron's completely reliant on his physical tools, his strength, size, athleticism. Very little of his offensive game is actual finesse. With Kobe you're looking at a guy that's 2 inches shorter, and about 45 pounds lighter doing everything LeBron can do along with a far better post game and shooting touch. Kobe is also a better ballhandler and will cross someone up when he has to to score (as proven tonight when he got 3 points at the free throw line after making someone on Charlotte look like a fool, forget who.)

LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed.
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,598

Post#14 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:04 am

Phastbreak91 wrote:Lebron led a scrub team to the finals once and Kobe led a scrub team into the lottery once. Who do you think is better?

To be fair, Kobe, Odom, and Butler, the big 3 that year, were all injured throughout the year. And so what if LeBron led a scrub team to the Finals in the weak East? So did Iverson. Come back when he wins a championship, like Kobe, who has 4. Yes, right now LeBron > Kobe, but career wise? Kobe > LeBron. Prime Kobe was also arguably better than LeBron right now
xxRoyalexx
Rookie

Post#15 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:04 am

Phastbreak91 wrote:Lebron led a scrub team to the finals once and Kobe led a scrub team into the lottery once. Who do you think is better?

Back during a time when the Eastern Conference was the laughing stock of sports. :lol:
Jimmy76
RealGM

Post#16 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:06 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:
A better scorer than a healthy Kobe? lmfao please don't go that far. You can trash Number 24 all you want but never say that LeBron's a better scorer than him. LeBron's completely reliant on his physical tools, his strength, size, athleticism. Very little of his offensive game is actual finesse. With Kobe you're looking at a guy that's 2 inches shorter, and about 45 pounds lighter doing everything LeBron can do along with a far better post game and shooting touch. Kobe is also a better ballhandler and will cross someone up when he has to to score (as proven tonight when he got 3 points at the free throw line after making someone on Charlotte look like a fool, forget who.)

LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed.

doesnt matter how he does it but Lebron is a better scorer

he scores more on high efficiency

having a physical advantage is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge part of basketball

it doesnt matter that Kobe's game is more pleasing to your eye

kobe is more skilled im not arguing that
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#17 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:06 am

kobe sat because of injuries, no?....hes back now, let the injury excuse die out.
Jimmy76
RealGM

Post#18 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:07 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:

Back during a time when the Eastern Conference was the laughing stock of sports. :lol:

he beat the pistons when they were still a defensive force
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#19 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:08 am

Lebron is playing better and has been for awhile. The numbers and on court play speaks for itself, time to deal with it and move on Kobe fans.
cuad
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#20 » by cuad » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:09 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed.

So what you're saying is: if LeBron were Loul Deng Kobe would be better.

Unfortunately, LeBron is LeBron, and what does that mean? That means 30/30 NBA general managers would take him over Kobe.

Return to Player Comparisons