ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#581 » by AntwanBoldin » Thu Jul 5, 2012 6:17 am

_BBIB_ wrote:All I know is that we CLEARLY have the best offer on the table potentially for Dwight Howard

Offer Al HOrford, Jeff Teague, and 3 1st round picks over next 2 years

Why in the world would Ferry not put that deal on the table?

And why would the Magic reject that vs the garbage the Nets would offer?

It's the same deal as the nets only w/ al horford instead of Lopez . Is he that much better than Lopez? Garbage? Cmon
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#582 » by No-Man » Thu Jul 5, 2012 6:20 am

AntwanBoldin wrote:
_BBIB_ wrote:All I know is that we CLEARLY have the best offer on the table potentially for Dwight Howard

Offer Al HOrford, Jeff Teague, and 3 1st round picks over next 2 years

Why in the world would Ferry not put that deal on the table?

And why would the Magic reject that vs the garbage the Nets would offer?

It's the same deal as the nets only w/ al horford instead of Lopez . Is he that much better than Lopez? Garbage? Cmon
2 time All Star in his prime
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man

Post#583 » by AntwanBoldin » Thu Jul 5, 2012 6:30 am

I get it, I like horford and think he's better . But he's 2 years older and has played w/ all-stars(although maybe playing out of position?)

Lopez career 17.5 and 7.5
Horford career 12.8 and 9.5

I just don't see how one is part of a joke offer and the other is a must-have
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#584 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 5, 2012 9:25 am

AntwanBoldin wrote:I get it, I like horford and think he's better . But he's 2 years older and has played w/ all-stars(although maybe playing out of position?)

Horford put up those numbers out of position and as a 3rd option, where as Lopez was the first option in NJ most of his young career and recently had one of the best PGs in the league feeding him the ball, also 7.5 rebounds isnt that impressive for a 7 footer
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
dtown8
Senior
And1: 1

Post#585 » by dtown8 » Thu Jul 5, 2012 11:56 am

AntwanBoldin wrote:I get it, I like horford and think he's better . But he's 2 years older and has played w/ all-stars(although maybe playing out of position?)

well if that is the case, Atlanta should just keep Horford and suffer having him for the rest of his career, :roll:

good luck with Lopez :lol:
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#586 » by Years80HAWKS » Thu Jul 5, 2012 1:28 pm

Yesterday I saw the game Russia-Dominican Republic.
Horford play the 4 for most of the game, with freedom to dribbling, have the ball, penetrate and initiate the play from far away.

He was paired with Monia, Xryapa or even Kirilienko. Lighter players, but more mobile, theoretically.

Well, I was impressed about Als mobility, dribbing, shoot off the dribbling, penetration, turn around jumper. Many times I had to get closer to the TV to make sure it was him who did a play, because it seemed more as a real forward.

As he was almost the darker player on the court (but not the only black player), it gave the impression he was the biggest, but he seemed to be incredibly agile.

So, please, LD, get Josh to the 3, Al to the 4, Zaza, Petro or whoever to the 5, and have some fun, rim protection, rebounding dominance...
AntwanBoldin
Sixth Man

Post#587 » by AntwanBoldin » Thu Jul 5, 2012 5:00 pm

Horford put up those numbers out of position and as a 3rd option, where as Lopez was the first option in NJ most of his young career and recently had one of the best PGs in the league feeding him the ball, also 7.5 rebounds isnt that impressive for a 7 footer
-----

No but the 9 he averaged early in his career without hump is probably acceptable. Lopez and Williams have played like 11 games together. Lopez's teammates before that are literally all out of the league.

I'd compare the start of his career to pau gasol in Memphis

------

well if that is the case, Atlanta should just keep Horford and suffer having him for the rest of his career,

I've found you guys do much smarter than magic fans, let's not resort to that. You're better than that
Clubber-GSW
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#588 » by Clubber-GSW » Thu Jul 5, 2012 6:54 pm

Warriors fan here wondering if anyone would be opposed to a Hinrich S&T for Dorrell Wright. Wright has a small, expiring contract and gives you a nice outside shooter at SF. GS has a logjam at SF and needs a back-up PG and back-up PF. We're on board with this deal because Hin for Wright still allows us to use our MLE on a PF. Seems like Wright's contract would be ideal for the direction your team's going in.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#589 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 5, 2012 7:10 pm

Clubber-GSW wrote:Warriors fan here wondering if anyone would be opposed to a Hinrich S&T for Dorrell Wright. Wright has a small, expiring contract and gives you a nice outside shooter at SF. GS has a logjam at SF and needs a back-up PG and back-up PF. We're on board with this deal because Hin for Wright still allows us to use our MLE on a PF. Seems like Wright's contract would be ideal for the direction your team's going in.

Id do it in a heartbeat, we need an SF

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#590 » by D21 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:29 am

Years80HAWKS wrote:Yesterday I saw the game Russia-Dominican Republic.
Horford play the 4 for most of the game, with freedom to dribbling, have the ball, penetrate and initiate the play from far away...

Another thing I noticed some days ago : in the few games he played this regular season, Horford ended ranking 1st in the league in efficiency on Post-up, with 1.2pts per possession.
Should check if it was more due to his personal game, and if other players on the floor were spacing for him or not at all.
The post-up was 20% of his offensive game, so maybe he should increase this king of play.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#591 » by SparksFly87 » Sun Jul 8, 2012 10:05 pm

76ers offer Thaddues Young and Nikola VUcevic for Josh Smith. You get a starting potential smallfoward and a potential smallfoward or 4/3 sixth man and a young center.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#592 » by ATL Boy » Mon Jul 9, 2012 8:39 am

SparksFly87 wrote:76ers offer Thaddues Young and Nikola VUcevic for Josh Smith. You get a starting potential smallfoward and a potential smallfoward or 4/3 sixth man and a young center.

Hawks decline

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#593 » by MaceCase » Mon Jul 9, 2012 9:54 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:76ers offer Thaddues Young and Nikola VUcevic for Josh Smith. You get a starting potential smallfoward and a potential smallfoward or 4/3 sixth man and a young center.

How badly do you want out of that last year of Iggy so Turner and Harkless can shine?
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#594 » by Years80HAWKS » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:19 am

Minnesota has waived Milicic.
I believe he would be a good option to play at center for us. Big, can change shots, does not demand the ball and can, more or less, run the floor. I am not sure about his hands, in order to get good passes from Horford and Josh.

But Kaman is going to Dallas (for 8 mill) and only Camby and Dalembert are still there as interesting centers.

If you are not going after Howard, Milicic could be a good option.

Also, this roster:

Teague-Harris
Morrow-Williams-Stevenson
Smith-Williams
Horford-Johnson
Pachulia-Milicic-Benson

is better than this one, for example

Harris-Green
Smith-Williams
Johnson-
Howard-Pachulia-Benson
dtown8
Senior

Post#595 » by dtown8 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:52 am

Years80HAWKS wrote:Minnesota has waived Milicic.
I believe he would be a good option to play at center for us. Big, can change shots, does not demand the ball and can, more or less, run the floor. I am not sure about his hands, in order to get good passes from Horford and Josh.

But Kaman is going to Dallas (for 8 mill) and only Camby and Dalembert are still there as interesting centers.

If you are not going after Howard, Milicic could be a good option.

Also, this roster:

Teague-Harris
Smith-Williams
Horford-Johnson
Pachulia-Milicic-Benson

is better than this one, for example

Harris-Green
Smith-Williams
Johnson-
Howard-Pachulia-Benson

i'm okay with it, as long as it is only a one year contract.
GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#596 » by GreenRiddler » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:26 pm

I was wondering if you guys miss out on Howard, will you go into rebuild mode? Will Josh smith be traded? The reason I am asking is I wanted to know if Horford would be available and this seem like a scenario in which he would be.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:07 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:I was wondering if you guys miss out on Howard, will you go into rebuild mode? Will Josh smith be traded? The reason I am asking is I wanted to know if Horford would be available and this seem like a scenario in which he would be.

We would keep Horford and if Smith leaves we will still have only Horf and Jenkins under contract so we can be major players in FA in 2013 and 2014, but I dont think we can get any player in rebuilding mode thats worth trading Horford for, we would just keep him
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#598 » by dms269 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:27 am

GreenRiddler wrote:I was wondering if you guys miss out on Howard, will you go into rebuild mode? Will Josh smith be traded? The reason I am asking is I wanted to know if Horford would be available and this seem like a scenario in which he would be.

We have no idea what Ferry would do. Could he blow it up? Possibly, but with Horford being signed to that very friendly contract I doubt he would be forced to move him. He could still use Horford as a key piece to try and bring other folks in.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
dtown8
Senior

Post#599 » by dtown8 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Josh and Horford seem to be Ferry's favorite players, Ferry has shown alot of respect to Josh, keeping him updated on all the moves he has been making, and asking for his opinion on Louis before signing him. and by everything that has happen and not trading Josh and Horford, only trading Joe and Marvin, it seems like Ferry is doing everything to keep Josh and Horford happy as to build around them.
Years80HAWKS
Junior

Post#600 » by Years80HAWKS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:11 am

So, the Nuggets have anmestyied Andersen and have signed Randolph for only 3 millions a year. If we met with him already like three weeks ago, why we did not sign him? The price seems to be ok. Did we expect him to tell us he was prepared to be our back-up 5, or that he was going to behave good all year long...?

Well, the Clippers are thinking about signing Milicic as their back-up for Jordan (and that will end up being the other way around) and only Blatche remains now as a decent big man to offer some phisical quality in the middle for us.

Come, FO, we need some inside help. For sure. We cannot play the whole season with Petro, Horford, Zaza and Benson...

Return to Atlanta Hawks