ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#681 » by ATL Boy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:45 pm

parson wrote:Hope y'all have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

I posted an offer of 3 1sts a while back, first they panned it, then they started saying it might work. Now, some of them are calling him a bust.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1202489

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Parson.

But I don't think that Utah will want firsts that aren't lotto picks (we aren't a lotto team with Al, Josh, Lou and Teague), Kanter has enormous potential and came in the league as the 3rd overall pick, I don't think Utah will make the trade without having some assurance that the picks would at least be lotto, and we wouldn't be giving them that assurance.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Amerissexy
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Atlanta Hawks Unofficial Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#682 » by Amerissexy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:50 am

Hahahahah whats wrong with Tolliver
Amerissexy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#683 » by Amerissexy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:52 am

We actually are a lotto team were pretty sorry this year ikic.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#684 » by ATL Boy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:18 am

Amerissexy wrote:We actually are a lotto team were pretty sorry this year ikic.

Did you post your trade on the Utah board yet?

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#685 » by Jajwanda » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 am

Pau Gasol not for Josh Smith deal. What would that be?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#686 » by ATL Boy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Jajwanda wrote:Pau Gasol not for Josh Smith deal. What would that be?

I don't think we want Pau Gasol at all because of his contract, he's making over 18 million this season and will make over 18 million next season, he'd compromise our caproom and limit our opportunities in Free Agency. Now if we can't sign any impact Free Agents and Ferry decides to wait for the summer of 2014 to sign a major FA then I could see us wanting Pau and his expiring next season. But we will by no means give Josh Smith for him this season or next season.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#687 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 am

I'm hearing whispers that Boston is considering trading vets and rookies for Marcin Gortat. What do you think of a 3-team trade that lands us Gortat and a conditional 1st rounder and we give Josh to Boston?

We get a real center with a capable post-game, we move AL to PF and end up with yet another 1st round pick to use in future trades....

Gortat avg fewer points, but more rebounds and blocks & he shoots over 50% from the field.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#688 » by myrak433 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm hearing whispers that Boston is considering trading vets and rookies for Marcin Gortat. What do you think of a 3-team trade that lands us Gortat and a conditional 1st rounder and we give Josh to Boston?

We get a real center with a capable post-game, we move AL to PF and end up with yet another 1st round pick to use in future trades....

Gortat avg fewer points, but more rebounds and blocks & he shoots over 50% from the field.

no. we are not trading Josh for that bull%$#. how about Horford for Gortat and a 1st round pick?
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#689 » by ATL Boy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm

myrak433 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:I'm hearing whispers that Boston is considering trading vets and rookies for Marcin Gortat. What do you think of a 3-team trade that lands us Gortat and a conditional 1st rounder and we give Josh to Boston?

no. we are not trading Josh for that bull%$#. how about Horford for Gortat and a 1st round pick?

I hope your joking, Horford has more value than Josh, he has an amazing contract, and he's the undisputed leader of this team. I think we'd trade Josh long before we trade Al.

ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#690 » by ferk » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:00 pm

what would it take to get 1 of williams ,morrow or korver to the grizzlies ?

wroton haddidi ellington 2014 1st for korver ,tolliver ? is that even close ?
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#691 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Fri Dec 7, 2012 11:18 pm

What's the point in trading Josh for Gortat? We will be in the exact same spot we are now. I would much rather keep Josh if we are going to stay a 3-5 seed with a 1st or 2nd round exit after the trade.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by ATL Boy » Sat Dec 8, 2012 2:43 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... ossibility

Derrick Williams could be a trade target for us

ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#693 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 2:55 am

ATL Boy wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224883/Source_Derrick_Williams_Agent_Inquires_About_Trade_Possibility

He's set to make 5 mil+ next year and he is a tweener. I have no interest in Derrick
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#694 » by ATL Boy » Sat Dec 8, 2012 3:14 am

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224883/Source_Derrick_Williams_Agent_Inquires_About_Trade_Possibility

He's set to make 5 mil+ next year and he is a tweener. I have no interest in Derrick

He was a 2nd overall pick not long ago, he still has potential and I'm willing to roll the dice on that potential if we don't have to give away Teague, Horford, Smith, or picks to get him.

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#695 » by raferfenix » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey Hawks fans, checking in on what you think the possibilities of a Horford trade might be?

Certainly understood if you think he has more value than Josh Smith. And with him winning player of the week and in a contract year, if you think you might trade Al in the right deal for players who fit with Smith better.

Or do you think they play particularly well together, and Ferry will want to keep that tandem together for the future?

Thanks.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#696 » by azuresou1 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 pm

raferfenix wrote:Hey Hawks fans, checking in on what you think the possibilities of a Horford trade might be?

Certainly understood if you think he has more value than Josh Smith. And with him winning player of the week and in a contract year, if you think you might trade Al in the right deal for players who fit with Smith better.

Or do you think they play particularly well together, and Ferry will want to keep that tandem together for the future?

Thanks.

Odds of trading Horford are close to zero. We'd need a younger player who has much more potential; teams that have those players would likely want to hold on to them since they're mostly full rebuilding.

Josh Smith is far more likely to be traded.
diesel50
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#697 » by diesel50 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 am

What about a Horford for Cousins trade? Atlanta gets younger talent. Sacramento gets a 2 time Allstar who doesn't have maturity issues.
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' a-holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your freakin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#698 » by dms269 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 am

diesel50 wrote:What about a Horford for Cousins trade? Atlanta gets younger talent. Sacramento gets a 2 time Allstar who doesn't have maturity issues.

Right now, Cousins is poison. Trading a good locker room guy for a guy who is bound to blow up at any given moment isn't a smart move.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#699 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Bucks fans at least want to get rid of ellis for whatever we can get.

I was thinking something like this
Ellis
for
Morrow/Harris/Second round pick?
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#700 » by MaceCase » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Bucks fans at least want to get rid of ellis for whatever we can get.

I was thinking something like this
Ellis
for
Morrow/Harris/Second round pick?

He's opting out right? If so then he'd be available to the Hawks to sign in the offseason, either way he's too similar to Louis Williams in game and stature.

uga_dawgs24 wrote:
diesel50 wrote:What about a Horford for Cousins trade? Atlanta gets younger talent. Sacramento gets a 2 time Allstar who doesn't have maturity issues.

Right now, Cousins is poison. Trading a good locker room guy for a guy who is bound to blow up at any given moment isn't a smart move.

Shades of Isiah Rider. Cousins' value is dropping like a stone, you offer up Horford and the Kings run away laughing at the fact they were able to recoup value like that for their resident headcase. I'd entertain a trade for him, of course, but definitely neither of our two big guns.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core

Return to Atlanta Hawks