Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: Josh Smith on pace to be WORST 3pt Shooter....EVER 

Post#41 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:10 pm

D21 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:To the many Hawks fans who begged and pleaded for us to keep Smoove. Here's his shot chart for the season...all red.

To be objective, don't forget that it's in the DET system
Now, even if he shot better with ATL, he would certainly continue to do some stupid decisions.

A very fair point.
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Post#42 » by Yungsta404 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:04 am

never wanted him back in any form. I felt so strongly about this that I was willing to stop watching hawks basketball and boycott the hawks as long as he was in a hawks uniform.

This guy was just a prime example of what was wrong with this franchise period. Low IQ, Inconsistent, bad attitude, lazy, quitter. I could go on and on.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#43 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:55 pm

I'm looking forward to see what Detroit does during the future and to see how Josh Smith progresses. I say progress, but he continues to make the same mistakes, and he shows no desire to improve on making poor decisions.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#44 » by The Penguin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Just stopping by to say Josh Smith has given me incredible respect for anyone whose been able to remain a diehard Hawks fan for the last decade. I can not remember a player who single handedly sucks more fun out cheering for your favorite team. I'm cheering hard for you guys in the playoffs, if no other reason than you guys deserve a run after putting up with 9 years of hoping he'll figure things out only to watch him do everything short of wear a headband that reads "I don't care what anyone else thinks".

God I hate Joe Dumars. Go Hawks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Piston Prince wrote:Just stopping by to say Josh Smith has given me incredible respect for anyone whose been able to remain a diehard Hawks fan for the last decade. I can not remember a player who single handedly sucks more fun out cheering for your favorite team. I'm cheering hard for you guys in the playoffs, if no other reason than you guys deserve a run after putting up with 9 years of hoping he'll figure things out only to watch him do everything short of wear a headband that reads "I don't care what anyone else thinks".

Brother Prince, we appreciate the well wishes. I'm sorry your franchise is now stuck with that lazy, no-good, block-headed varmint. No current NBA player can consistently divide a fanbase as much as Josh Smith. (Believe it or not we actually have a few fans here still defending him. Half of our posters actually stopped coming around once he was let go.)

I'm actually the founding member of the "I Hate Josh Smith" movement here in Atlanta, though the newest chapter up in Michigan seems to be growing very rapidly.

Hope you guys get to keep your 1st rounder this year. And may your new GM/Head Coach combo be a good one.

PS Keep hope alive that somewhere there's a front office dumb enough to believe they can salvage Josh's career. Brooklyn, Boston, Milwaukee come to mind.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#46 » by The Penguin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Piston Prince wrote:Just stopping by to say Josh Smith has given me incredible respect for anyone whose been able to remain a diehard Hawks fan for the last decade. I can not remember a player who single handedly sucks more fun out cheering for your favorite team. I'm cheering hard for you guys in the playoffs, if no other reason than you guys deserve a run after putting up with 9 years of hoping he'll figure things out only to watch him do everything short of wear a headband that reads "I don't care what anyone else thinks".

Brother Prince, we appreciate the well wishes. I'm sorry your franchise is now stuck with that lazy, no-good, block-headed varmint. No current NBA player can consistently divide a fanbase. (Believe it or not we actually have a few fans here still defending him. Half of our posters actually stopped coming around once he was let go.)

I'm actually the founding member of the "I Hate Josh Smith" movement here in Atlanta, though the newest chapter up in Michigan seems to be growing very rapidly.

Hope you guys get to keep your 1st rounder this year. And may your new GM/Head Coach combo be a good one.

PS Keep hope alive that somewhere there's a front office dumb enough to believe they can salvage Josh's career. Brooklyn, Boston, Milwaukee come to mind.

I'm big enough to admit I was wrong. I was excited when Dumars signed him, mainly because I had never really watched him and was one of the ignorant believers that thought he could put it all together. I was wrong. I've never seen someone so completely mail everything in the second the ink was dry (though Charlie V. came close). I completely believe his ability to divide a fan base as half the Pistons fans want him gone for anything and the other half think's we should get an actual asset for him. There's simply no hope of winning when you have someone with that low of BBIQ who thinks he's your best player. As I said, I've got a new level of respect for you guys and wish you SOJS (survivors of Josh Smith) the best.

And yes, I'm ready to record a message that says "Help us Mikhail Prokhorov, you're our only hope"
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#47 » by azuresou1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Josh Smith really needs a Chris Paul to put him in his place. Barring that... he's not improving
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Post#48 » by Yungsta404 » Fri May 2, 2014 2:06 am

Nope no1 is changing him. He has already passed that stage of maturation. He is like a cancer or some kind of infection. There is an early stage where you can treat it and completely heal it and there is stage where it is beyond treatment and needs to be completely amputated. We had to amputate him from the franchise cause he has gotten to that stage. Now he is just a useless rotten limb of some poor broken down franchise.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#49 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 2, 2014 2:40 am

Yungsta404 wrote:Nope no1 is changing him. He has already passed that stage of maturation. He is like a cancer or some kind of infection. There is an early stage where you can treat it and completely heal it and there is stage where it is beyond treatment and needs to be completely amputated. We had to amputate him from the franchise cause he has gotten to that stage. Now he is just a useless rotten limb of some poor broken down franchise.

:lol:

Yungsta is the VP of the "I Hate Josh Smith Club".

Dang, dude. That's cold. Completely true, though. What's sad is that he does still seem unwilling to change.
MaxKunitz
Freshman
And1: 115

Post#50 » by MaxKunitz » Sun May 4, 2014 3:23 pm

so sad considering he used to be my favorite player when he was younger
peace to rwanda & congo

cmon let's get Brendan Haywood his 2nd championship. yay!

dez wells > your rookie

Return to Atlanta Hawks