Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,864

3/17/14 Hawks at Bobcats 

Post#1 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Atlanta Hawks (29-35, 10-24 away)

Charlotte Bobcats (33-34, 19-14 home)
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: 3/17/14 Hawks at Bobcats 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:11 am

Thanks for the thread, Dirtybird.

Hawks win, beating up on yet another losing team. We're not tanking, which I approve of.

I can't figure out this team. When I want them to lose, they win. When I want them to win, they get blown out on national TV in the most embarrassing manner possible.

I hate our roster. I'm becoming completely indifferent to this team. How much longer till Braves opening day?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 am

We have a nice streak going vs. Charlotte.

I agree, the team is soft of difficult to understand at the current state, and the off season does appeal to me.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 am

HMFFL wrote:We have a nice streak going vs. Charlotte.

Yeah, I heard an announcer state that Kemba Walker is now 0-11 for his career vs Atlanta.

unbelievable...
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:51 am

Good win. I've stated that I want us to finish 9th (still do, for the 10th pick), but if we do get into the playoffs then I don't mind that at all. I'd love to see us slug it out with Miami in the first round
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#6 » by Rip2137 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:47 pm

I don't understand how this team confuses anyone. We were injured and loss a lot. We got players back, we started winning again.

I don't think its too difficult to see. I know people wanted to say "this losing streak isn't just about injuries" but...well...looks like it could have been just about injuries. We are simply a better team when we aren't playing Cartier Martin at PF.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Rip2137 wrote:I don't understand how this team confuses anyone.

I'll assume this was aimed at me. Part of it is the way we simply implode on a National stage. We change the GM. We change the coach. We change culture. We change the players. We get on ESPN and look like we never have played organized basketball. The Portland game was pretty unbearable.

Another part is the way that we come out lackidiasical and force Coach Bud to give that same halftime speech about hustle, intensity, defensive will.

Demarre Carroll after the game:
“Coach came in and really got after us to be the more aggressive team, like he always does. I think it woke us up. He let us know that they played last night and we didn’t. We should have the energy. We came out and starting denying the passing lanes and double-teaming Al Jefferson and getting them out of their rhythm.”

Hell, the game that started the winning streak, saw the exact opposite. We came out strong, dominating Utah only to let them come back in the game.

Coach Bud, in a blowout, didn't offer Kyle the chance to keep his streak going. (I was surprised by that, big time.)

Ferry made a single move at the deadline which led to us buying out Muscala's contract, bringing him over with less than half of his rookie year now gone...only to see Bud give him little to no PT.

We're not tanking. We're not very good. I'm completely lost as to where this franchise is going...
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#8 » by Rip2137 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:17 pm

The team played + .500 ball all year. They had a rash of injuries and had a long losing streak, got healthy and stopped losing.

We are a .500 + team without Horford, may 42-44 wins. More with him. But when losing your starting Point guard, small forward, power forward, Center, back up center and 3rd string Center, we are as bad as some of the worse teams in the league.

How man wins will it take for that "you can't blame all this losing on injuries" from a few weeks ago to be proven false and the fact is that YES, severely injured teams tend to lose a lot.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Rip2137 wrote:
How man wins will it take for that "you can't blame all this losing on injuries" from a few weeks ago to be proven false and the fact is that YES, severely injured teams tend to lose a lot.

IDK

But the fact we are 11-24 on the road as well as 8-25 vs winning teams is alarming. We fed on bottom feeders this past week, getting narrow wins over Utah and MIL. Not exactly world beaters. Let's see if we can compete with more competitive teams on the horizon like PHX, Minnesota, Washington, TOR.

Those will be a better barometer than what we witnessed last week.

Return to Atlanta Hawks