ImageImage

Hawks trade Lou Williams & Bebe to Toronto for John Salmons

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Hawks trade Lou Williams & Bebe to Toronto for John Salmons 

Post#201 » by PandaKidd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 pm

Amazing Bazemore? LOLOL Cmon, you cant think Bazemore is AMAZING? Kids got potential sure, but ..........

Lets see in April, im impressed by the reg season play and record, but it means jack **** unless they do something in April.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#202 » by PandaKidd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Yet, you all sit here and moan and complain over some throw away Euro player being traded while we are experiencing the best season in the history of the franchise.

Im not beholden to 60 Regular Season games in a conference that is terrible.

My measure of success is MUCH higher than yours. sorry.

I agreed I was very wrong on how they would perform this year. I figured they were a 45 win team and would be in the middle of everything. Everyone was wrong except you and MAYBE a few handful of other people. But it wasnt a stretch to say what I said. See, homer sports fanatic gets to make the WE WILL BE THE BEST prediction every year. Then when it FINALLY pans out you can say SEE SEE I TOLD YOU!!

This was the same guy talking about how we would destroy the Pacers last year, and, we didnt.

So it goes both ways broseph :D
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#203 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Amazing Bazemore? LOLOL Cmon, you cant think Bazemore is AMAZING? Kids got potential sure, but ..........

Lets see in April, im impressed by the reg season play and record, but it means jack **** unless they do something in April.

2 years 4 million for Bazemore is an amazing deal.

Not sure how any one could think differently.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#204 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
Yet, you all sit here and moan and complain over some throw away Euro player being traded while we are experiencing the best season in the history of the franchise.

I agreed I was very wrong on how they would perform this year. I figured they were a 45 win team and would be in the middle of everything. Everyone was wrong except you and MAYBE a few handful of other people. But it wasnt a stretch to say what I said. See, homer sports fanatic gets to make the WE WILL BE THE BEST prediction every year. Then when it FINALLY pans out you can say SEE SEE I TOLD YOU!!

This was the same guy talking about how we would destroy the Pacers last year, and, we didnt.

I said we would win in 6. Since when does that equate to destroy?

Can you ever debate something with pure facts and without throwing in a bunch of made up nonsense? You do this in every discussion. What's so hard about sticking with the facts if there is an actual base to your argument?
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#205 » by PandaKidd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:58 pm

This just in, 4.9 PPG for 2 million = AMAZING STATUS for NBA SG now.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#206 » by PandaKidd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:59 pm

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:

Were you right?
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#207 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:06 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:

Were you right?

Obviously not. I was pretty dang close though. We win that game if Scott and Pero go 2/10 from 3 instead of 0/10 or if the savior Lou Will doesn't turn the ball over multiple times in the last couple of minutes.

Were you disappointed that I wasn't right?
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#208 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 pm

PandaKidd wrote:

Once again, you are making things up. Jamaal will be happy to produce the posts where I was tired of Teague and wanted him gone. I saw his growth, changed my opinion, and predicted him to be an all-star this year while you all called me crazy. So how exactly is that saying he will be the best every year?
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#209 » by PandaKidd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:

Were you right?

Obviously not. I was pretty dang close though. We win that game if Scott and Pero go 2/10 from 3 instead of 0/10 or if the savior Lou Will doesn't turn the ball over multiple times in the last couple of minutes.

Yes, i could have sold my second round tickets for far more money :D

its cool man im moving on, unsubscribing.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter

Post#210 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Were you right?

Yes, i could have sold my second round tickets for far more money :D

its cool man im moving on, unsubscribing.

touche. You should have a lot more opportunities this year.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#211 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:25 pm

So NBA.com has named Lou Williams as their Kia Sixth Man of the Year award winner.

ESPN predicts he will be named as 6th man of the year for NBA as well.

Williams has been exceedingly reliable off the bench for a Toronto team whose primary scorers have had their ups and down. In each month of 2014-15, he averaged between 14.0 points per game (February) and 16.9 (January), before this month's finishing kick of 21.0 heading into the final two games.

But after ranking 27th in bench scoring last season, the Raptors have improved to fifth.

Toronto is 14-3 when he leads the team in scoring and 14-6 when Williams scores at least 20 points.

the slender Williams leads all bench players in points, 3-pointers made and free throws made. And despite his anemic field-goal percentage, Williams' true-shooting percentage (.566) is the second-best of his career. He is Toronto's leading scorer at 22.2 points on a 36-minute basis, and he trails only DeRozan (7.6) in earning his way to the line, taking 7.0 free throws per game.

With [2 games left], they were on the verge of becoming the highest scoring crew in Toronto history, averaging 104.3 vs. the 2009-10 squad's 104.1.

Dwayne Casey wrote:Without him, there's no way we'd have an opportunity to finish third or win our division without him coming off the bench

Kudos to LW for a great season. At his age, it was just a matter of time before he recovered the athleticism/speed lost from that ACL injury. Hope he gets that last big deal in Free Agency this summer.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#212 » by dms269 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I will always consider all sides to an argument. Before UGA comes and closes yet another thread...I will simply, respectfully, disagree.

Rip2137 wrote:I know a lot of the discussions around here seem overly aggressive but its a bunch of dudes talking sports with differing opinions. As long as it doesn't get into name calling, profanity laced tirades(seriously, have you looked at some of the other boards around here) I think its a major disservice to close threads or have posters afraid to continue a discussion out of fear of the thread being closed. You have good points...I think I have good points. its a discussion and no more.

Jamaaliver wrote:3. UGA often closes threads between us. Or when I say things that he doesn't agree with. I wasn't asking for the thread to be closed. Simply hoping this thing won't be locked because UGA hates Jamaaliver and is tired of listening to me on the subject.

There is no reason for me to lock this thread. This is good debate between people. Two sides going back and forth about the trade and keeping it civil. If people start to say about how you don't watch basketball or as much basketball as me and you are an idiot and so forth, then we have issues. Otherwise, keep it up. Good debate. :nod:
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#213 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:This is good debate between people. Two sides going back and forth about the trade and keeping it civil...keep it up. Good debate.

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

I realize being a MOD is kind of a thankless position. We appreciate you being reasonable and accommodating.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#214 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:24 pm

LW named 6th Man of the YEAR by the NBA!

Sweet Lou has officially put his career back on track after that unfortunate ACL injury.

I still think he and Bebe were given away for too little in between. Especially seeing him play such a crucial role on a division winning team.

Either way, congrats to the Gwinnett-kid. His career has lasted longer and he's been more productive than I could have ever imagined of an undersized 2 guard from the 2nd round who plays no defense. He's outplayed his draft status and made an indelible mark on the league.

I still wish he'd gone to UGA for at least 1 year...
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#215 » by dms269 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:LW named 6th Man of the YEAR by the NBA!

I still wish he'd gone to UGA for at least 1 year...

Me too. However looking back he might have got involved in the Mercer and Humphries drama.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#216 » by Rip2137 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 pm

I count my blessings that he isn't here anymore but good for Lou. We are so much better without him and Toronto is better with him since they have a huge backup shooting guard that allows him to be on the floor...even if he is mind-numbingly atrocious defensively.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Hawks trade Lou Williams & Bebe to Toronto for John Salmons 

Post#217 » by ATL Boy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 am

Lou wasn't a fit here with Bud's system. He's a Gwinnett kid and I'm happy for his continued success, but he's a ball stopper in offense and not good on defense. My only problem with the trade is that we could've gotten some value for Lou and/or Bebe, a protected first at least.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Atlanta Hawks