ImageImage

Hawks extend qualifying offer to shelvin mack.

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Hawks extend qualifying offer to shelvin mack. 

Post#1 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Title.

I would think that both scott and shelvin would have been announced at the same time if they were both getting one. Do you think the addition of Payne and a SF in free agency ends scott's run as a Hawk? I hope not as he is one of the more likeable guys on the team and hes cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Hawks extend qualifying offer to shelvin mack. 

Post#2 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:43 pm

No I think its just timing. Scott would be a huge surprise if we didn't offer him IMO

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#3 » by Rip2137 » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:11 am

I think it would be a bigger surprise if Scott or Mack come back. If Mack waits he will make around 3-4 million a year. I think some team might just offer Scott the MLE...kinda pricey but he is young and had a coming out party in the playoffs and played well with the minutes he got after our injuries
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#4 » by xccelerate » Tue Jul 1, 2014 1:12 am

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:34 pm

Shelvin listed as top 'bargain buy in NBA free agency'.

Shelvin Mack, Atlanta Hawks (Restricted): After failing to catch on with his first two NBA teams, Mack finally found a home with the floor-spreading Hawks last season. His general-purpose game should travel well; what Mack lacks in a definitive strength he makes up for in a balance of skill set. With Atlanta, Mack showcased an ability to create against second-unit defenses and a flexibility in sharing the backcourt with other ball handlers. There's value in that, particularly for those teams lacking the means to more specifically address their weaknesses.

Happy he's getting some recognition. But I highly suspect that away from our PG friendly system...he could likely falter and bounce around the league like earlier in his career.

I think he'd be a good fit for the Knicks in the new Triangle they're running.

Return to Atlanta Hawks