ImageImage

Can ATL get some Love?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Can ATL get some Love? 

Post#1 » by FCNATL85 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 am

What if ATL gets in the mix for Love by being a 3rd team bringing immediate value to MIN and reshaping for future?

ATL sends Horford to MIN along with 15 1st and Jenkins to CLE ( salary dump & filler) with future 2nd

MIn sends Love to CLE

CLE sends Thompson and. Wiggins to ATL and Bennett to MIN

ATL resigns Scott (and Brand or Antic ???) and goes after Blatche 2y/ 5-6M

Teague- Schroeder- Bazemore
Korver- wiggins- Bazemore
Carroll- Scott-Thabo
Millsap- Thompson- Payne
Blatche- Muscala- Brand/Antic

Tavares-Patterson and Muscala rotates in and out of D-League. Pretty much all players could move up or down a position depending on match-ups.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Re: Can ATL get some Love? 

Post#2 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:15 am

Wiggins in Atlanta, ya sure, but i don't see the Wolves taking Horford over Wiggins.

As for Love, Atlanta would need to send Horford, and i like Horford's game more than Love.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:17 am

I knew it, I knew this would be a thread about Kevin.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am

No value for Cleveland.
Golden State and Cleveland have better offers on the table and way more appealing.
If Cleveland is interested in Horrors, so be it, but I doubt Love will sign an extension with is.
geeman
Senior
And1: 3

Post#5 » by geeman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:26 pm

I was thinking the same thing! It maybe a go time to move Big Al and if we can get wiggins..... Wow
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#6 » by FCNATL85 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:06 pm

No value for CLE?
Love, ATL 2nd , salary dump with Jenkins ( could sub for similar 'monetary' value- Antic or Scott) rather than Love alone.
CLE sends Thompson to ATL rather than a 1st to MIN and could get some value back with choice of dump with JJ or value with Scott or Antic. Thompson has 1 year left and I could not see CLE giving him a good contract with LBJ and mostly Love at PF. So CLE gets value for him while they can.

No interest for MIN?
Horford , Bennett, ATL 1st in place of Wiggins, Bennett and CLE 1st

Boils down to MIN rebuilding around Al ( and possible sweetener) now or Wiggins tomorrow but from CLE perspective, give me a break, from a value and mostly a $ standpoint and their ability to build around the big 3 better off going draft than trying to pay a luxury sub at PF or watch him walk...
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#7 » by theatlfan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 pm

Eh, Agree with most in saying I can't see this.

1st, I always hate deals where a team gives up the best player AND gives draft picks. Basically makes you think the team is a rudderless ship, and when you have a rudderless ship, there is no other option than to fire whoever is supposed to be in charge. I mean, say Wiggins is a bust and that 1st eventually becomes a top 5 pick in 3-4 years. Not only have you doomed yourself to mediocrity (or worse) but you've sent out at least 1, and very possibly 2, AS because you became too enamored with a kid who can't even drink legally yet. That's not something a GM can (or should) live down. In a deal, you should attempt to accomplish one goal: try to win a championship sooner or try to win one later. When someone gets wishy-washy like this, it tends to backfire.

2nd, MIN is in a tough spot in a Love trade. The NBA is, first and foremost, a business. They are trading their superstar and box office draw. Because of this, they *have* to get another draw back. Horford is a good player but not a draw (want proof - watch any of our home games where there isn't a superstar on the opposing team). I don't know if Wiggins is a draw yet, but he has a chance to be. Hence, it's a no brainer here - MIN easily cuts us out.

Last, I still don't understand why CLE would opt to send Thompson out over Bennett. Yeah, sure, Bennett showed up in shape for the SL which really shouldn't be newsworthy. Then Bennett went out and took the league by st--... wait no, he average approximately the same numbers that Thompson netted last year while playing in the NBA. Now, I've seen CLE fans say they'd prefer keeping Bennett over Thompson too, so it ain't just you here - it's me who is on the other side. It's just confusing to me...

Return to Atlanta Hawks