ImageImage

GT: Hawks (1-3) VS Knicks (2-4)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Re: GT: Hawks (1-3) VS Knicks (2-4) 

Post#21 » by SBM » Sun Nov 9, 2014 5:13 am

Please, a lot of our guys miss point black shots. This team has a chance to be special defensively if we can get a rebounding big and a shot blocker.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#22 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 5:50 am

SBM wrote:Please, a lot of our guys miss point black shots. This team has a chance to be special defensively if we can get a rebounding big and a shot blocker.

Emeka Okafor??????

I thought Millsap and Horford could be special and dynamic defensively and offensively like prime Josh Smith and prime Horford, but i'm starting to flip flop on that idea and maybe the Hawks should get a traditional center.

Okafor is the only guy I can think of that is available right now.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 5:55 am

Their is also Jermaine O'Neal, Andrew Bynum, Bernard James, Thabeet, Greg Oden, Marcus Camby. Who would be worth the 12th spot?
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#24 » by Hawk Eye » Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:19 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:Their is also Jermaine O'Neal, Andrew Bynum, Bernard James, Thabeet, Greg Oden, Marcus Camby. Who would be worth the 12th spot?

O'Neal would be my first choice based on this list. He really gave it all he had and left it all on the court in that playoff series for the Warriors against the clippers last season.

On a side note, I'd really like to snatch Bogut away from the Warriors. Him and M. Gasol are the best 7 footer passing bigs in the league. Man what I'd do to have one of those guys...
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#25 » by SBM » Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:24 am

Okafor is not a bad idea. I still like Gorgui Dieng from the TWolves in a trade
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:30 am

SBM wrote:Okafor is not a bad idea. I still like Gorgui Dieng from the TWolves in a trade

Wolves are not a good trading partner.
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#27 » by nybluemeadow » Sun Nov 9, 2014 9:22 am

Good game and good comeback from you guys. Knicks are a hot and cold team and the new guys are still learning to play with one another. Hopefully we will have a good second match up. Carmelo didn't have a good game, but Horford didn't have a good game either. Both guys should be better the second time around.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#28 » by PandaKidd » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:35 pm

We need a center. Period. Millsap and Horford can't get it done just too small

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Hawk Eye » Sun Nov 9, 2014 2:56 pm

PandaKidd wrote:We need a center. Period. Millsap and Horford can't get it done just too small

What about John Henson? Still has another year left on his rookie deal, wouldn't take a lot to get him imo (could be wrong; not sure how much Milwaukee values him), seems like a good safe bet.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#30 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:43 pm

Great win last night.
I always love being able to win when a lot of the other teams fans show up at our arena.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#31 » by ATL Boy » Sun Nov 9, 2014 3:57 pm

I like the trade ideas guys, but isn't Bud just the interim GM right now? I could be wrong but I don't think he'll make any big moves while only temporarily holding the position, even though this could be a golden opportunity for him to get the players he wants and who he thinks is gonna be perfect for his scheme.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:56 pm

Rip2137 wrote:Schroder looking good. He should have the backup spot...period...now. Even when he eventually struggles. All I needed to see was SOMETHING out of him and he has shown that
Hawkeyes wrote:As maddening as this team has been the past two nights, I am excited about what I am seeing with Schroder

PMOTT3 wrote:Schroeder
Not going to spend a lot of time here. The kid played great and continued to improve. Not sure how I felt about that 2 PG lineup of Teague & Schroder though.

So glad we can move on past last year's inane debate over who should play more: Dennis or Mack.

Now we can get move to the next inane debate: Dennis or Teague. :nod:

Rip2137 wrote:All I need now is to get Jenkins his spot back in the rotation.

Amen, brother. Bud ignored Jenkins last year also when he was struggling, eventually sending him down to the D-League before the severity of his injury was discovered. This year, Bud seems to be continuing that theme. Giving him the Jared Cunningham treatment and refusing to even let him see the floor. But with JJ2 in a contract year, there is no harm in playing him a few minutes per night just to see if he has any usefulness to us moving forward. If not, trade him for a future 2nd and be done with it. Don't let the fruit rot on the vine. It's even more maddening because Mack and Bazemore have played sparingly of late. There is no reason not to at least activate Jenkins.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:01 pm

SBM wrote: This team has a chance to be special defensively if we can get a rebounding big and a shot blocker.

PandaKidd wrote:We need a center. Period. Millsap and Horford can't get it done just too small.

atlantabbq99 wrote:I thought Millsap and Horford could be special and dynamic defensively and offensively, but I'm starting to flip flop on that idea and maybe the Hawks should get a traditional center.

Been saying It for years. An undersized Center and an undersized PF will always struggle in this league. Unless your team has the single greatest player on the planet (LeBron, Mike Jordan), they will struggle against bigger front courts.

We have won a single playoff series in the last four years. It came with Horford at PF next to a defensive Center. It's unbelievable that in 8 years, not once have we acquired a solid 5 to play next to our best player. Even when the man asked for it...
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by SBM » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:05 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
SBM wrote:Okafor is not a bad idea. I still like Gorgui Dieng from the TWolves in a trade

I disagree, they are one of the best.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=omledq2

Mack
Payne
Muscula
Jenkins

A couple of 2nd rd picks

for

Kevin Martin
Gorgui Dieng

Sub Mack for DMC in the trade scenario. I only put DMC in there because he makes the same as Mack and Mack can't be traded until Dec 15.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:11 pm

SBM wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Mack
Payne
Muscula
Jenkins

A couple of 2nd rd picks

for

Kevin Martin
Gorgui Dieng

Sub Mack for DMC in the trade scenario. I only put DMC in there because he makes the same as Mack and Mack can't be traded until Dec 15.

:rofl:
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#36 » by PandaKidd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:42 am

Lol why would Minnesota do that trade? They MAY have landed the steal of the draft in Dieng if he pans out, for Payne? Muscala ? Martin is significantly better than anyone in that trade anyways.

Picks may help, but I think you're too high on Dieng. The plan seems pretty apparent, status quo until next season

theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#37 » by theatlfan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:32 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I like the trade ideas guys, but isn't Bud just the interim GM right now? I could be wrong but I don't think he'll make any big moves while only temporarily holding the position, even though this could be a golden opportunity for him to get the players he wants and who he thinks is gonna be perfect for his scheme.

Interesting point. I wonder if Coach Bud would lean on his friendship with Ferry if a trade becomes available.
SBM wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:

Mack
Payne
Muscula
Jenkins

A couple of 2nd rd picks

for

Kevin Martin
Gorgui Dieng

MIN ain't trading Dieng - especially not for what amounts to the end of our bench. I'd guess they'd deal Pek if they could find a decent return, but Dieng ain't going nowhere.

And before someone suggest it: I really just don't see Pek as a fit here. Not a shooter, can't rebound, slow feet, not a rim protector. Not saying he's useless or terrible, but when I look at the prospect Cs that Coach Bud and Ferry acquired (Noguiera, Tavares - even Payne), I see an emphasis on length, athleticism, and rim-protection and a nod toward jump shooting... basically, the antithesis of what Pek brings.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#38 » by PandaKidd » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 pm

^^^agreed.

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Soooo whose next on putting up the game thread for tonight?

Return to Atlanta Hawks