ImageImage

Something is wrong with Millsap...

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Re: Something is wrong with Millsap... 

Post#21 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:13 am

Like I said, if Millsap can get his 3pt shot going, it ends up opening up other parts of his game. He still got four turn overs against the Knicks, but like I said, when his outside game is going, it opens up his inside game also. Lets hope this game finally pulls Sap out of his shooting slump.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#22 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:12 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I think people only remember millsap playing last year after AH went down.

They forget that he and AH had some issues in the beginning

They also forget that AH is rusty
AH doesn't make this team significantly better (still a mediocre team with him last year)
There will be growing pains

All this was ignored when people started predicting 50 win season .

Sent from my VS980 4G using RealGM Forums mobile app

There was no way to predict that Al would be this rusty. He looked a lot better when he returned in the same season for the Boston series after he tore his pec the first time. I almost wonder if he was previously taking PED's and has now stopped.

We haven't looked as good as expected, but we could still easily be 5-1 right now. We overcome our poor shooting in the first quarter and beat the Spurs if the refs call a fair game. We had control of the Hornets game for most of regulation and were up 9 in the 4th before letting it slip away. This is with Al and Millsap playing worse than usual and with Bud still experimenting with the lineups.

The level of rustiness from Horford is very worrisome though. His explosiveness is nowhere close to where it used to be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#23 » by PandaKidd » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:46 pm

He had to lose muscle mass so he is having to learn how to play with less power. Should help his conditioning.

I have always wondered the PED thing personally with him.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 pm

ATLHawksfan21 wrote:There was no way to predict that Al would be this rusty. He looked a lot better when he returned in the same season for the Boston series after he tore his pec the first time. I almost wonder if he was previously taking PED's and has now stopped.

I respectfully, but vehemently, disagree.

There was every indication that Horford would need additional recovery time from this injury and would likely struggle early on.

Last time out, Horford was injured in January but aimed for a return in the regular season. Immediately, this time out, he acknowledged he was out for the year. No chance for playoffs.

Additionally, coming off his last injury, Horford played in both the playoffs and with the DR National team in the summer. Coming into the 2012-2013 season, he'd had months of full contact play as part of his rehab before the season.

This time around, Horford wasn't even cleared for full contact until October. He literally missed 10 straight months without any basketball playing. And has only been playing full 5 on 5 games for a month.

He also mentioned that because that because the injury was to his right arm, his shooting arm, it was much tougher to recover from.

There was every indication in the world Horford would be this rusty. And he is still avg 14 & 7 with an above avg PER. Which is very comparable to the 15 & 10 he avg through the first 6 games back in 2012.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#25 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 am

Back to back good games from Millsap, and it started with his 3pt shoot, and it helped him open his inside and mid range game. And when Sap is scoring it also helps his rebounding. 17 boards against two taller and bigger opponents, Favors and Kanter
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#26 » by PandaKidd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 am

How many minutes did horford play?

simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#27 » by simon24 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:51 am

PandaKidd wrote:How many minutes did horford play?

29 minutes. It was clearly Millsap's night though. I'll be glad when Horford can play longer periods instead of subbing out with Antic.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#28 » by D21 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:48 pm

simon24 wrote:I'll be glad when Horford can play longer periods instead of subbing out with Antic.

Sadly, at this moment Horford is hurting the team more than Antic : even if Antic doesn't look good by himself and against his own opponent, he has the best +/- per 100 possessions of the team, while Horford has one of the worst number, which never happen before for him :

Link

Return to Atlanta Hawks